Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

urban dictionary is it accurate

Options
  • 04-11-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Heres its description of boards.ie

An internet message board set up to give Irish geeks too ugly to be seen in public a place to complain about the Polish and to internet stalk random z list Irish "celebrities". Its membership consists of 90% moderators who spend all thier time banning the other 10% for daring to talk about anything besides the Polish and z list Irish "celebrities".
    "Typical boards.ie thread"
    The Polish Keep Eating Our Swans?
    Has anyone else noticed thier are a lot fewer swans in Ireland the last few years? I blame the Polish, the other day I saw one eat a swans head while it was still alive.

Random poster 1. Yeah lol yore ma lol, I hate the polish, atari jaguar lol yore ma.

Random poster 2. At least thier not gypsies, lol yore ma's an atari jaguar.

Random Moderator 1. Thats it your both banned for using omproper punctuation. IM LOCKING THIS THREAD!!! THIS THREADS BANNED! IM BANNED TOO, EVERYONES BANNED, I'LL KILL YOU!! I'LL KILL YOU ALL! BANNED BANNED BANNED. (ohh god, I just want some non-internet friends).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Pretty much spot on...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

lol at the moderator!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Scarily accurate. Although I did see a group of swans attack and eat someone who looked eastern European.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Heres its description of boards.ie

An internet message board set up to give Irish geeks too ugly to be seen in public a place to complain about the Polish and to internet stalk random z list Irish "celebrities". Its membership consists of 90% moderators who spend all thier time banning the other 10% for daring to talk about anything besides the Polish and z list Irish "celebrities".
    "Typical boards.ie thread"
    The Polish Keep Eating Our Swans?
    Has anyone else noticed thier are a lot fewer swans in Ireland the last few years? I blame the Polish, the other day I saw one eat a swans head while it was still alive.

Random poster 1. Yeah lol yore ma lol, I hate the polish, atari jaguar lol yore ma.

Random poster 2. At least thier not gypsies, lol yore ma's an atari jaguar.

Random Moderator 1. Thats it your both banned for using omproper punctuation. IM LOCKING THIS THREAD!!! THIS THREADS BANNED! IM BANNED TOO, EVERYONES BANNED, I'LL KILL YOU!! I'LL KILL YOU ALL! BANNED BANNED BANNED. (ohh god, I just want some non-internet friends).

Whoever wrote that was pretty bitter about being banned.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have noticed a lot less swans about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

At least thier not gypsies, lol yore ma's an atari jaguar

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭celticcrash

Also on urban dictionary.
    Boards.ie 2. An Irish internet message board that has more forums than topics, averaging about 2 topics per 5 forums. Being an Irish website, the main discussion is drinking, with 307 forums dedicated to this subject. Many drinking sessions are organised on a daily basis, making the general population of boards.ie drunk 46% of the time.
    A typical boards.ie thread will consist of someone suggesting pints, 30 people are up for it, 12 argue about the venue, 17 people demanding a pissup be organised in their county, 2 people making it clear that they don't drink, and 82 people saying they won'd be able to make it as they're too hungover from last night's pissup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Grayson wrote: »
    looked eastern European.

As someone who likes getting offended, this offends me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Sometimes yes but you do know therea re other sites on the internet. or you could just go outside... After hours does get a bit same old same old but there are other sections to the site. if you had some real life interests you could talk to like minded individuals on this site too ye know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

dem polish swans. they took all our canals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Also on urban dictionary.
    Boards.ie 2. An Irish internet message board that has more forums than topics, averaging about 2 topics per 5 forums. Being an Irish website, the main discussion is drinking, with 307 forums dedicated to this subject. Many drinking sessions are organised on a daily basis, making the general population of boards.ie drunk 46% of the time.
    A typical boards.ie thread will consist of someone suggesting pints, 30 people are up for it, 12 argue about the venue, 17 people demanding a pissup be organised in their county, 2 people making it clear that they don't drink, and 82 people saying they won'd be able to make it as they're too hungover from last night's pissup.

:D

So anyone up for a piss up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I love the fact that the Polish eat swans.

sheesh wrote: »
    Sometimes yes but you do know therea re other sites on the internet. or you could just go outside... After hours does get a bit same old same old but there are other sections to the site. if you had some real life interests you could talk to like minded individuals on this site too ye know.

Your kidding right?

Stupid thread.

Locked.

OP banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Hahaha. The bit about mods is hilarious!

msg11 wrote: »
    :D

So anyone up for a piss up ?

I'm drinking as I type. And that's why I'm typing with one hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

So unfair!!:mad:

Uh huh.

So the Chinese are eating our Ducks and the Polish are eating the damn Swans.

(insert ethnic group) are eating our god damn (insert wild animal).

Germans are eating our god damn Squirrels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

I love the fact that the Polish eat swans.

Racist ?

*hits the secret racist-panic-button just beside the windows-button*

• Advertisement

I think I out done myself last night with the owl rock shandies..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Hahaha. The bit about mods is hilarious!

But out of date now that KeithM89 has gone..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

You're all forgetting to give out about the unemployed. Or do you just do that while you're "working" ?

Also, I am certainly pissed more than 46% of the time so I object.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I think you can have it removed but I do believe it sums up After Hours perfectly :D the rest of the website, no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

He didn't last long.

As someone who likes getting offended, this offends me! :p

It's ok. They were civil service swans. On 60k a year and a hefty retirement package.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,326 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

The waterfowl are uniting, gathering their strength before they emerge from their underground lair in Nevada to wreck their unrestrained revenge upon humanity with their mighty beaks. No takeaway will be spared.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

This sounds like a particular hot-headed mod, who I won't name, obvo. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

That's not a fair comment at all.

One of the fairest mods there was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

What happened with KeithM89? I've seen this mentioned before? (waits for mod to flip out and ban me).

Advertisement