Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post match study group

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

I don't look back over the whole season, only last 8 games, the season is too long for me.
    And even in saying that, they've conceded in all of their last 4 matches, I wouldn't bet on them keeping a clean sheet today.

Anyway, the bets I am goin with today:
    Fulham win,
    Norwich win
    Everton Swansea BTTS
    and from the Championship
    Hull win

Bad weekend then Matt!

Right I think if we're going to have a serious study group I think maybe we need some sort of plan.

All we did this week is give our own picks and the reasoning for them. Full European Schedule this coming weekend means an awful lot more to look at. But also alot more value out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

damn right, back to the drawing board for me :)

well can we come up with some sort of plan to have a look at games? What should we do with regards to study? We looking at goals in games? Or to pick sides?

Yea, we can do goals if ya like, Bundesliga is back on Friday, great league for Overs

well basically we all need to concentrate our efforts on finding value in the fixture list across the board. If its going to be a study group we need to be on the same wavelength.

So lets say we take goals and we're looking for value in all the fixtures for next weekend. I'll take a look at Premier League, Championship, French Ligue 1 and La Liga tonight.

• Advertisement

OK, that'll just leave me with the Bundesliga, League One and Seria A

Will try and get stuff up for tonight

OK, that'll just leave me with the Bundesliga, League One and Seria A

Will try and get stuff up for tonight

I wouldnt mind if you actually looked over the same leagues as I did and see if we come up with the same games?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭BettorAssist

If ye are serious about making an effort with this project this weekend I would suggest Stuttgart v Bayern Munich this weekend. Also each team is quite well exposed so as to make the analysis a good bit easier.

Home and Away form combined with the H2H strategies these teams deploy to counter eachothers strengths make this a very interesting match to analyse.

It would be good to give an indepth preview and review that takes into account your preview would be an interesting exercise and would help focus your thinking when analysing other matches.

If possible, adding what you think the true odds for your chosen selection and therefore the perceived value would add a lot of credibility to your analysis.

Myself and Matt have had a few conversations about what we like goals wise over the last couple of weekends. Started out so and so, had a decent weekend last weekend. I think goals is the way to go. Picking out the overs seems to me to be an easier way of making money.

I'm not sure if the group has ever really gotten going but I wouldnt mind having a look at that type of preview review either.

Advertisement