Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2012/2013 Betting Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

On a bit of a roll atm, LA and Miami have been great recently for me. Gone with the Suns at home tonight @+9 .The Nuggets have won only 40% of games away from home, and I fancy Phoenix to keep it close

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

What's your record this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any thoughts on Boston -4 at Orlando tonight? Pierce and Garnett are expected back and the Magic haven't won 2 games in a row since mid-December.

Paully D wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Boston -4 at Orlando tonight? Pierce and Garnett are expected back and the Magic haven't won 2 games in a row since mid-December.
    Automatic reaction is it's a great bet.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Automatic reaction is it's a great bet.

Up by 20 at half time, looking very good.

• Advertisement

Nice win on the Celtics last night.

Going for Dallas -3 at New Orleans tonight.

Dallas of course are out of the playoffs but they've won 3 of their last 4. If they win they move to .500 which means their players can shave (:pac:) and they haven't gone under .500 since 1999-2000. Dirk seems determined to end the season on some sort of a high with very good performances lately and to be fair, they have won 26 of 41 games since the beginning of January. They've also averaged 103 points winning 6 of their last 9 on the road. From what I've seen of them lately they still seem to be enjoying their basketball despite not making the playoffs.

New Orleans have lost 3 in a row and 7 of their last 9 and of course are without Davis.

Bit of a risky one with nothing of any significance on the line for either team but I'll have a small stake on Dallas -3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Who do you lads bet with? I want to place an accumulator tonight but bookies only seem to offer odds on a fraction of the games that are on. Why is this?

Not a big better as you can probably guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

moneyman wrote: »
    Who do you lads bet with? I want to place an accumulator tonight but bookies only seem to offer odds on a fraction of the games that are on. Why is this?

Not a big better as you can probably guess!

Dodgy time of the season with so many teams resting players and that, I think that's why they're off the board, uncertainty about the lineup. On a typical mid-season night, all games would be available.

Who to bet with? Shop around, use a service like oddschecker.com to get the best price. It's useful to have a few accounts, as one site may have a better price for one game, and another site may have a better price for another game.

Having said that, I bet mostly with Pinnacle, as they pretty consistently have the best prices.

Bwin have the best opening lines for basketball odds. Spreads and totals can be off by a few and in the advantage of the punter.

I use them, Skybet and Pinnacle. Occasionally Paddypower for the odd special offer they tend to do.

I've taken the Knicks tonight in Charlotte, at -1. Anthony is out with a bruised shoulder, Chandler and Martin still sit as does Camby, but I still like the Knicks to do the business, against a Bobcats team who are set up for a let down after beating Milwaukee the other night. The Bobcats have been doing there best to tank recently, and are 1 and 4 in the last 5 games, and even without Melo, the Knicks are just a better team, even if the game is dead rubber. I reckon jr will be big tonight, and Copeland has been very good recently as we'll, I just really like this bet!

• Advertisement

I've taken the Knicks tonight in Charlotte, at -1. Anthony is out with a bruised shoulder, Chandler and Martin still sit as does Camby, but I still like the Knicks to do the business, against a Bobcats team who are set up for a let down after beating Milwaukee the other night. The Bobcats have been doing there best to tank recently, and are 1 and 4 in the last 5 games, and even without Melo, the Knicks are just a better team, even if the game is dead rubber. I reckon jr will be big tonight, and Copeland has been very good recently as we'll, I just really like this bet!

Knicks are +1 on Paddy Power mate. Quite like the bet myself to be honest, might go in small for a bit of interest in tonights games after my wins over the last couple of nights.

Also like the Bulls -3.5 at Orlando. Noah and Gibson are back (on minutes limits) but Thibs has the team playing hard every single night. They won't care that it's coming up to the end of the season and still have that 5th seed to play for. I think Chicago should do it. Again a small stake for me.

Ah crap, Knicks are sitting Jr as well tonight, well too late to cancel bet, just have to hope the Knicks pull it out

First-round series odds from Bwin

East
    Heat 1.01 - Bucks 17.0
    Knicks 1.24 - Celtics 4.2
    Pacers 1.24 - Hawks 4.2
    Nets 1.65 - Bulls 2.3

West
    Thunder 1.04 - Rockets 12.0
    Spurs 1.16 - Lakers 5.4
    Nuggets 1.22 - Warriors 4.4
    Clippers 1.55 - Grizzlies 2.5

Liking the underdog side on a lot of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

padraig_f wrote: »
    First-round series odds from Bwin

East
    Heat 1.01 - Bucks 17.0
    Knicks 1.24 - Celtics 4.2
    Pacers 1.24 - Hawks 4.2
    Nets 1.65 - Bulls 2.3

West
    Thunder 1.04 - Rockets 12.0
    Spurs 1.16 - Lakers 5.4
    Nuggets 1.22 - Warriors 4.4
    Clippers 1.55 - Grizzlies 2.5

Liking the underdog side on a lot of them.

Any in particular? Apart from the 4-5 seed matchups, most of them seem like foregone conclusions.

Any in particular? Apart from the 4-5 seed matchups, most of them seem like foregone conclusions.

I like the side of the Celtics, Hawks, Bulls & Grizzlies.
    Not sure I like them well enough to bet them all, but will take one or two.

Interesting article today about home-court advantage in the playoffs versus regular season:
    Home Court Advantage in the NBA Playoffs

Boston +7.5 for me tonight. That line is just too big for me not to take.

Paully D wrote: »
    Boston +7.5 for me tonight. That line is just too big for me not to take.

Never in doubt :pac: Phew!

I have bulls +5 tonight against the nets, fingers crossed!

Jammy sod Paully :pac:

I post all my bets up on Twitter only, but I had Knicks -7 which was pushed. Thankfully took Knicks ML in the 3rd when both were 5/6 and Knicks down 3. Good start, just wish Celtic's had fouled at the end there before Smith stole the ball. Would have been a great start for me at least :p

I have bulls +5 tonight against the nets, fingers crossed!

I'm on it too mate, small stake. If it comes in I'll have another small stake on the Grizzlies +5.5 and if not, I'm still in profit for the night although I'll have to use the winnings to fund a new pair of underpants after that Celtics game :pac:

• Advertisement

Lucks been terrible lately, I put a bet down on Atlanta +8.5 before the game, against the Pacers, and it's not looking too promising. If the Hawks just made there freethrows they'd cover, so infuriating... If It does remarkably come in, Ill be on Lakers +8... I've been betting (and losing I might add) the underdog recently...

3 of fcuking 10 from the Hawks in FT'S... Josh just missed 2 of them, infuriating!

Every time I post my bet here I jinx it, so anyone who wants to make easy money should probably bet the other team to the one I bet. But my fortunes have improved lately, I had NY -2 in the last game and that won, and I had the over 181 on the Bulls v Nets last night as well as the Bulls at +5 .

Griz +3 against OKC is where its at tonight for me.(Cue Durant going for 50 and Memphis getting pounded)

Give credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

My docket from before the weekend, a nice 250 return off a 7 bet. Playoffs are tough enough this time around though
    US Basketball
    NBA Matches
    Oklahoma City Thunder At Houston Rockets
    4th of May 2013 02:53 am
    Match Betting
    Oklahoma City Thunder @ 20/21
    Win

Selection Selection Details Result
    US Basketball
    NBA Matches
    Los Angeles Clippers At Memphis Grizzlies
    4th of May 2013 02:40 am
    Match Betting
    Memphis Grizzlies @ 4/11
    Win

US Basketball
    NBA Matches
    Indiana Pacers At Atlanta Hawks
    4th of May 2013 00:10 am
    Match Betting
    Indiana Pacers @ evens
    Win

US Basketball
    NBA Matches
    New York Knicks At Boston Celtics
    4th of May 2013 00:15 am
    Match Betting
    New York Knicks @ 4/5
    Win

US Basketball
    NBA Matches
    Denver Nuggets At Golden State Warriors
    3rd of May 2013 03:45 am
    Match Betting
    Golden State Warriors @ 4/5
    Win

US Basketball
    NBA Matches
    Brooklyn Nets At Chicago Bulls
    3rd of May 2013 01:11 am
    Match Betting
    Brooklyn Nets @ evens

Aftertiming FTW

Gasol to score over 16.5 points or more could be a shout tonight, with Perkins looking like he can't guard him at all, Gasol is just too big(jinx is now on)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Where arev these bets available?

Pretty much all I ever see is Match betting or handicaps/spreads.

Where arev these bets available?

Pretty much all I ever see is Match betting or handicaps/spreads.

I did the Gasol bet on PP online, there was like 50 possible bets. I'm on the heat at -9 tonight. Miami came in cold in game 1, but figured it out in the last one. Deng and Hinrich still out, hoping I don't jinx what I feel is a great bet, I fancy this one to be a blowout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I did the Gasol bet on PP online, there was like 50 possible bets. I'm on the heat at -9 tonight. Miami came in cold in game 1, but figured it out in the last one. Deng and Hinrich still out, hoping I don't jinx what I feel is a great bet, I fancy this one to be a blowout.

I assume PP is Paddy Power? I looked for the game but there was only the usual match and spread betting. I then called them but they said they only had the same bets as online and no scoring bets :(

Advertisement