Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you scared of the dark?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Once I'm inside the house & all the doors are locked then I'm usually ok. Provided I'm not in the horrors from drink & end up hearing/ imagining things that aren't there.

But if for any reason I have to get into my car when it's dark I always check the back seat & lock the doors. When I'm back at home I get inside as quick as I can & I could often press the clicker thing to lock the car five or six times, just to be sure.
    Interestingly enough I have no qualms about walking around a graveyard at night, in fact I'd urge people to try it, it's incredibly peaceful & quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Dayman, ah-ah-ah
    Fighter of the Nightman, ah-ah-ah
    Champion of the Sun, ah-ah-ah,
    You're a master of karate and friendship for everyone,
    Dayman!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

I don't mind sleeping in the pitch dark, if it's in a familiar place.

But by f*ck will you find me awake and conscious wandering through it. Having no idea of who or what's there with you ?

No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Hush little baby don't say a word,
    And never mind that noise you heard.
    It's just the beast under your bed,
    In your closet in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I like the darkness, makes me feel like a ninja :cool:

Think I'll listen to a bit of metallica now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I hate walking home into my apartment in the dark. The hall light was broken for a couple of days during the week, and when I came home from work in the evenings, I had to prop open the apartment door with my handbag long enough to rush down and turn on my bedroom light, then go back again to get my bag and lock the door. :o

I don't mind the dark when I'm in bed at night - I much prefer sleeping in a completely dark room. I can sleep fine with the light on too, though. Sometimes do that if I'm on my own and hear creepy noises. :/

It's not the dark that's scary, in itself. It's just the fact that, obviously, you're far more vulnerable when it's dark and you can't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

like darkness, but would like light on the stairs makes me feel uneasy not to be able to find the edge of the step.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

Wait, is the bed in the closet in your head? Or is the bed real? So is the monster in the real bed, the imaginary bed or the closet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Embrace the darkness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Embrace the darkness.
    You merely adopted the darkness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I can't sleep with lights on but darkness holds no fear for me anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

No
    Especially when watching tv at night, i prefer the lights off & i hate when someone leaves the lights on in the landing in the house when i'm trying to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Not afraid of the dark so much as afraid as the things in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

They say the dark is the new light. Heard it on the box.

thats just really really really really really really really really dark blue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

yes, I light a small fire in the corner as I sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

A few time I have been but usually when I am in a forest and you cant see sh1t!

It's more the case of fearing what is in the dark than the dark itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

yep, there is nothing better than turning the lights off after getting into bed and its pitch balck dark. i love it and you can instantly feel your eyes relaxing
    Am the same...any little crack of light under the door drives me nuts. I wear an eye sleep mask and all because i love nothin better than a pitch black bedroom to sleep in.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Are you scared of the dark?

Not particularly no, but I do prefer if the lady is well trimmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Cargin

not scared...just wary is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

YEP - it utterly freaks me out. I will sleep with the lights on in the room if I'm on my own. I'll turn them off at some point during the night - when they start annoying me eyes though:o

Countryside + Dark + Me = we do not mix, at all. I'd probably scare myself to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Tis grand wen u watch load of horror movies and then knock off all the lights and then walk through the house with no lights on. every corner you just feel like a stab maniac is gonna jump out or creep up on u. then you start to see white lights and green eyes and sh t just gets wired after that. but no the darkness is awesome. apart from the boogie man and creepers. and the neighbour black cat being in it with u

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I really like the dark.
    I find it peaceful. Especially walking alone in the dark somewhere, like woods or something.
    (I'm not being sarcastic btw incase it looks that way!)

Larry?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I like black cats they are second nicest kind. Very best cats are black and white with tiny pink noses with a tiny black smudge. The best cats eyes glow emerald green in the dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I was terrified of the dark until I was around 12/13. Of all things, the X Files is what made me freak out the most.

Nowadays its grand. Since I don't believe in extra terrestrials or any monsters or ghosts, the only thing to fear is junkies wanting my phone. But if its so dark that I can't see them, chances are they can't see me either :p

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Bobby183

Fecking terrified

Advertisement