Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you scared of the dark?

Options
  • 02-11-2012 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

I am fairly terrified of it. I'm usually fine if there's someone else with me but when I'm alone I need to make sure all the lights are turned on or else my imagination starts to **** with me...

Is being scared of the dark something that's innate to everyone or is it just because I watched too many scary films when I was young? I find it fascinating when someone can simply walk into a dark place or sleep alone with all the lights turned off without getting scared of the darkness...

Are you scared of the dark? 29 votes

Yes, leave the lights on please.
    0% 0 votes
    No, the darkness cannot harm me!
    100% 29 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Yes, I don't leave lights on, but I need to know where all lightswitches are, and prefer to go to sleep with at least one light on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,573 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

I AM the dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I prefer the dark, hate when there are lights on

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

I'm scared of Africans, does that count or?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

It would probably count as racist...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I really like the dark.
    I find it peaceful. Especially walking alone in the dark somewhere, like woods or something.
    (I'm not being sarcastic btw incase it looks that way!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Love the dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Don't tell the other skinheads that. They could take away a stud from your denim jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

The dark is scared of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 967 ✭✭✭HeyThereDeliah

I love the dark, cool things happen in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

That was a joke, or an attempt at one anyway. I hope no African members were offended. Thank you. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I really like the dark.
    I find it peaceful. Especially walking alone in the dark somewhere, like woods or something.

Being alone in dark woods would be like an absolute nightmare for me...
    Would constantly be thinking of something like in the Blair Witch Project or some vicious animal that's stalking me all the time waiting for the right moment to pounce upon and eat me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Doesn't bother me sleeping in the pitch dark, wouldn't have all the lights in the house off at night or any shíte like that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

titan18 wrote: »
    I prefer the dark, hate when there are lights on

yep, there is nothing better than turning the lights off after getting into bed and its pitch balck dark. i love it and you can instantly feel your eyes relaxing

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

That was a joke, or an attempt at one anyway. I hope no African members were offended. Thank you. That is all.

Too late now, give your bank details to the nearest Nigerian as a punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Being alone in dark woods would be like an absolute nightmare for me...
    Would constantly be thinking of something like in the Blair Witch Project or some vicious animal that's stalking me all the time waiting for the right moment to pounce upon and eat me!

I just noticed your username is af thefragile..not at the fragile

Sorry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i'm not afraid of the dark.. i'm afraid of the rats out there that i can't see! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Chucken wrote: »
    I just noticed your username is af thefragile..not at the fragile

Sorry :o

Don't worry about it Chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

I hear you're a racist now father?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

keith16 wrote: »
    Don't worry about it Chicken.

Ok Kieth ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I really like the dark.

I would be like that myself, I love going hunting in the dark. Then again I have a rifle or a shotgun with me so nothing to be afaird of. However, I find the darkness very tranquil, even in the house I perfer the lights off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Yes the bogeyman or men thrive in the dark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

I live in a cave. It is dark. Come join me please.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm not afraid of the dark unless my eyes need to make use of light. Panic stations if I need to piss during an outage though..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Decades ago, the dark was named after me, but I had to change my name, because I don't like the limelight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

I am fairly terrified of it. I'm usually fine if there's someone else with me but when I'm alone I need to make sure all the lights are turned on or else my imagination starts to **** with me...

Is being scared of the dark something that's innate to everyone or is it just because I watched too many scary films when I was young? I find it fascinating when someone can simply walk into a dark place or sleep alone with all the lights turned off without getting scared of the darkness...

You have to remember that it feeds on your fear, if you get scared it will attack

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Yep but only if im going to sleep and if im on my own, I need some kind of light whether its my actual light, lamp, laptop or TV, then im fine. :o:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't really mind it, it's peaceful. I went on the ghostbus tour the other night and we were walking around an old graveyard in almost total darkness, it was so awesome

Also I need total darkness to go to sleep, it wrecks my head when someone leaves the bathroom light on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭supernova84

They say the dark is the new light. Heard it on the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Dangerous Man

I invented the night.

Advertisement