Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

united Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

What do we call the "United Kingdom" when it's just England and Wales. Walland ? Engales ?

(They lose 2 football teams too.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Fine Gael and Unionists would be natural coalition partners.

John Bruton would be fapping himself raw at the thought of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Red Pepper wrote: »
    I would much prefer a more fragmented Ireland.
    I would sell Donegal and Cavan (to UK for 30 billion), Wexford (to Germany for 40 billion), Mayo (to USA for 100 billion, Alaska style), Cork (split to France and Spain for 50 billion). A melting pot of different nations.

Then lets party!

Don't sell all of Wexford to the Germans, just Kilmuckridge.

Also looking forward to Shamrock Rovers v Linfield, that'll be great 'craic' altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DonLimon

We finally get to paint the rest of the postboxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Well for a start a massive lump sum needed from England for us to take yous of their hands :D

Then... well.. i don't have a clue to be honest, i have rarely seen anyone layout what a UI would look like. Discussion rarely get past the usual toing and froing.

I suppose it wouldn't just be a case of absorbing NI into our system. Many down here would be glad to totally redesign how things are done from health to welfare to policy all over again anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

After hours is not the forum for this discussion I don't think.

I reckon it will be a long process and the assembly will stay, so they'll have a bit of Independence to ease them in.

Long term a United Ireland will mean an absolutely new country, new public bodies, health service, constitution, everything. A fresh start!

Advertisement