Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amsterdam abandons tourist coffeeshop ban plans

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭reginald

Great place, have been there twice a year for the last 5 years. Not the cheapest by any means but no more expensive than here. Glad they have u-turned the decision, the most relaxing :) city in the world. Just book the flights and go, €106 return with Aer lingus in November (from Cork), a room will cost you a minimal amount depending on how fussy you are and you'll enjoy every minutr of it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

karma_ wrote: »
    Where else on earth can you go, get stoned and watch the cops walk by as you smoke a big fat joint and politely say hello, then go and look at Van Gogh paintings for hours?
    Most of Portugal, Prague (not legal but the cops couldn't give a fiddlers) The basque region of Spain. The list is growing. I'd say Amsterdam could start to see some competition for the cannabis tourist in the coming years. There's a big market up for grabs but I think Amsterdam will always be the cannabis meca.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Giruilla

Was over there a while ago and talked to owner of bar there. He basically said there was no way the rule would ever be enforced even if it did come in as it brought so much income into the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

All this talk of Amsterdam is getting to me. Might head up there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Mr. Boo

Just go to the Van Gogh museum, it has the same effect. Nature in all its majesty can look slightly disappointing after seeing the world through the eyes of VVG's lifetime.

I mean....yeah! Drugs!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭the culture of deference

karma_ wrote: »
    Where else on earth can you go, get stoned and watch the cops walk by as you smoke a big fat joint and politely say hello, then go and look at Van Gogh paintings for hours?

I found the large bestiality pictures a bit weird. The cops used to light your spliff for you when I went there 1st.
    Giruilla wrote: »
    Was over there a while ago and talked to owner of bar there. He basically said there was no way the rule would ever be enforced even if it did come in as it brought so much income into the city.

I couldn't see how they would have. Years ago cafe's could have hundreds of keys in the shop. Multiple Giant 5k bars wrapped in lovely colours under the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I love that city and not just because of the law with weed. It so relaxing. Last time I went there I did all the touristy stuff. van Gogh museum, the Reiks museum etc. It's probably the easiest city in the world to get around. And it only takes about 4 visits before you stop getting freaked out by all the bikes every time you try to cross a road.

Advertisement