Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

98fm new schedule ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Is ryan doin special links just for 98?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭JamesReeves

Is ryan doin special links just for 98?

We shall find out at 7pm :P

Oh its starting tonight?Id imagine it will just be "On Air With Ryan Seacreast" therell be no mention of station or contact info

Oh its starting tonight?Id imagine it will just be "On Air With Ryan Seacreast" therell be no mention of station or contact info

Will be quite a boring show then. " this is on air with ryan seacrest" here's lady gaga... this is .... here is ..bruno mars"

Well thats how mosy syndicts go.They might give an email address or something thats it tho

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Well thats how mosy syndicts go.They might give an email address or something thats it tho

The joys of the recession! . Although as stated by somebody here. It will probably draw int he middle age women dying for a bitta gossip from LA or wherver RYan is from

Seems to be doing specific links for 98fm unless it's all pre-recorded show and every syndicated station just mixes the raw show down with their own specific idents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Sounds like a very messy podcast to me :/

Sounds like a very messy podcast to me :/

Yeah I agree. Doesn't seem to fit with what was before and afterwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Listened to the first few minutes earlier and it wasn't terrible, he actually mentions the station directly, not really sure why hes doing it. The problem is that it just doesn't fit, the music is the same but why not have a normal jock, in dublin doing that? If it gets the middle aged women listening then thats good but then Ray Foley and Dermot & Dave don't really seem to fit that demographic...

• Advertisement

soc160 wrote: »
    Listened to the first few minutes earlier and it wasn't terrible, he actually mentions the station directly, not really sure why hes doing it. The problem is that it just doesn't fit, the music is the same but why not have a normal jock, in dublin doing that? If it gets the middle aged women listening then thats good but then Ray Foley and Dermot & Dave don't really seem to fit that demographic...

He says This is Ryan seacrest on 98fm??
    Does he give text lines or email etc?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    He says This is Ryan seacrest on 98fm??
    Does he give text lines or email etc?
    Says this is Ryan Seacrest on 98FMDublin's best music mix.

no mention of text / facebook / other station plugs/ twitter etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Says this is Ryan Seacrest on 98FMDublin's best music mix.

no mention of text / facebook / other station plugs/ twitter etc..

This is what lots of stations do in the uk to save themselves money. I think dave smith will need to rethink this idea because i cant see it work in Dublin. Its the most lazy form of radio possible and is the last thing a station should do if they are trying to stop the rot. Stations win listeners because of some kind of emotional connection they make with a listener, if that station decides to go the generic non-specific syndicated route then the listener has little opportunity to connect with it, it goes against absolutely everything a local radio station is meant to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭eiresandra

Agree with earlier comments. There's so much editing to cut in the 98FM mentions and chopping up of the original show that there's no natural flow at all to it. The secret to a pre-recorded show is of course to make it sound live, and this is far from it.

Having said that, it was listenable. The music was fine, and the Kelly Clarkson interview was fun. Yet there seemed to be nothing special about the show, aside from his access to the stars. How is it so successful in so many markets?

eiresandra wrote: »
    Agree with earlier comments. There's so much editing to cut in the 98FM mentions and chopping up of the original show that there's no natural flow at all to it. The secret to a pre-recorded show is of course to make it sound live, and this is far from it.

Having said that, it was listenable. The music was fine, and the Kelly Clarkson interview was fun. Yet there seemed to be nothing special about the show, aside from his access to the stars. How is it so successful in so many markets?

The music is just added in by the stations themselves. that's how they have it showing up on their website. Whereas the links are down as a voicetrack. All multitracked together so that Ryan always hits the intro on songs bang on

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Basically the show is a poor podcast of his breakfast show on KIIS FM. Just a load of interviews one after another with the songs added in by the local stations.

gavindowd wrote: »
    Basically the show is a poor podcast of his breakfast show on KIIS FM. Just a load of interviews one after another with the songs added in by the local stations.

Yeah it really does sound like a poorly produced, " jumpy" podcast. I use the word jumpy because it sounds as if the local stations add in their own idents too.
    Sounds like " Maroon 5 on * JUMP* 98 FM *Jump* Dublins best music mix *jump* to something else

Is there any link too listen back too his 98 show?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

eiresandra wrote: »

Listened this evening and I would agree with all the points above - there is no natural flow and I can't help thinking that a local voice presenting with the interviews with Ryan added in would work better.

Pre recorded can work - Tony Blackburns daily show on Nova(1988) is often highlighted as how it should be done but I am also recall Nova carrying Rick Dees daily show and it being pulled after a few weeks.

Infoanon wrote: »
    Listened this evening and I would agree with all the points above - there is no natural flow and I can't help thinking that a local voice presenting with the interviews with Ryan added in would work better.

Pre recorded can work - Tony Blackburns daily show on Nova(1988) is often highlighted as how it should be done but I am also recall Nova carrying Rick Dees daily show and it being pulled after a few weeks.

I like Rick Dee's show and do think there is a "live" element too it

• Advertisement
Advertisement