Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you eat someone to stay alive?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Yeah i'd love to eat Georgia Salpa, what! you don't get to choose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

ColeTrain wrote: »
    We'll just use the scenario from the film Alive

^^ If you were on that freezing cold mountain surrounded by your Uruguayan team mates, starving, stoned and with no access to Subway or Supermacs, would you eat a pound of Jose's flesh to sustain yourself? Poll to follow.

Personally I wouldn't. Imagine if you were rescued and got home, I'd say you'd get some dirty looks off people in your local - "look Jim, that lads a cannibal".

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

very much an Ecumenical matter...i think your instincts would decide for you.

In factwould you needto?Bear Grylls manages alright on Wiggity Grubs....yeuk, think I'd rather eat YOU...yes YOU reading this nyahahahh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Depends on what sauce I have.

Pepper sauce would go lovely with a bit of arse beef, maybe a dip for the nipples too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

brummytom wrote: »
    If it's true humans taste like chicken, then yes.

Cannibals in New Guinea and various South Pacific islands used to call their favourite food "long pig", so I suppose humans taste more like pork than chicken.:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 ADonoghue

Little girl at the dinner table Mummy I don't like Granma , Mother says well just move her to the
    side of your plate and eat your chips

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Like the tribal chief said, "If your God didn't want us to eat people, why did he make them of meat?";)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

A vegetarian's dilemma.
    Starve to death on principal or tuck in to a bit of Mary Harney's arse?
    Eh, I think I've just become a vegetarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

9959 wrote: »
    A vegetarian's dilemma. Starve to death on principal or tuck in to a bit of Mary Harney's arse? Eh, I think I've just become a vegetarian.

Why? Plenty of fat to make a nice juicy pork steak or three, with some apple sauce cooked up from apples from nearby trees and some herbs resulting from a bit of gathering. Delicious! And the added bonus that we get back the contributions we as taxpayers have contributed to that meat. In fact, why do we worry ourselves about how we should resist our politician's desire to impose austerity on us? No need for demonstrations or civil unrest. Simply eat them -- well, excluding "Big Phil" Hogan perhaps. He might be a bit stringy and difficult to digest.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭carrig2

Pottler wrote: »
    If I missed breakfast and it was slightly chilly outside, I'd be inclined to eat Cheryl Cole through a letterbox, no salt/pepper required.

She would probably fit through it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

I eat my bird every night

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

The problem with this waiting 'until you are desperate' to resort to cannibalism is that by that stage you could lack the necessary energy. So if I ever get marooned on an island/etc.. I'd start eating people pretty early - like day 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I have to remind myself never to meet up with any Boards members on the verge of an apocalypse..

I eat my bird every night

http://i.qkme.me/iI.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

miralize wrote: »
    I have to remind myself never to meet up with any Boards members on the verge of an apocalypse..

To judge by some of the rants on other threads, Boards members are ALWAYS on the verge of an apocalypse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Sure half of us on here are just waiting for an excuse to tuck into the neighbours. There's a plump one down the road, first sign of zombies and I'm putting her on a corn only diet. She might get suspicious, I'll say that's why Mr Kellogg invented the stuff. Which is partly true..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I'm a vegetarian but I voted yes. My vegetarianism is based on my belief that I don't need to eat meat to survive, but if I found myself in a situation where I did need to eat meat (for whatever reason) I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Human tastes like pork, so for what it's worth we're delicious.

I'm a vegetarian but I voted yes. My vegetarianism is based on my belief that I don't need to eat meat to survive,

I don't eat cabbage for the same reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I'm a vegetarian but I voted yes. My vegetarianism is based on my belief that I don't need to eat meat to survive, but if I found myself in a situation where I did need to eat meat (for whatever reason) I would.
    By around 10.30 every morning, I'd die without my fry.:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Guys like you give bussin' a bad name.
    We all remember Mount Diablo.
    Who can forget Mount Diablo?

You know there were no charges brought against me.

When your bus crashed in the mountains,
    we all know what really happened. There was only one way to stay alive.

I don't care what anybody says. I did not eat 110 passengers.

Before the crash you weighed 180.
    When they found you pickin' your teeth, you weighed 237. Explain that.

I ate the seats! I ate the luggage!
    I boiled the floor mats, just like they taught us.

Why was there no trace of passengers?

My co-driver, Bendix, was eating people left and right.
    I swear I couldn't stop him. I was delirious with fever.

You didn't wanna stop him. You yourself said you ate a foot.
    He did eat a foot. - Yeah?

Look, Bendix made a stew. I had no idea there was a foot in it.
    You eat one lousy foot, they call you a cannibal.
    What a world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭Katgurl

Absolutely I would and I would expect anyone to eat me too. Why the hell would somebody die rather than chowing down on my redundant corpse that is only going to rot anyway? Who are these maniacs that are saying no???

Advertisement