Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you eat someone to stay alive?

Options
  • 30-10-2012 2:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭

We'll just use the scenario from the film Alive
    Uruguayan rugby team stranded in the snow swept Andes are forced to use desperate measures to survive after a plane crash. There is also a kilo of Afghan Hashish on board and everyone has been smoking and have the munchies bad

^^ If you were on that freezing cold mountain surrounded by your Uruguayan team mates, starving, stoned and with no access to Subway or Supermacs, would you eat a pound of Jose's flesh to sustain yourself? Poll to follow.

Personally I wouldn't. Imagine if you were rescued and got home, I'd say you'd get some dirty looks off people in your local - "look Jim, that lads a cannibal".

Would you become a cannibal? 103 votes

Nom Nom ( aye )
    0% 0 votes
    Nay
    87% 90 votes
    I'm a vegetarian
    10% 11 votes
    I would need to be in that situation to decide.
    1% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

ColeTrain wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't. Imagine if you were rescued and got home, I'd say you'd get some dirty looks off people in your local - "look Jim, that lads a cannibal".

So you'd be worried about being given the cold shoulder then?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

If it's true humans taste like chicken, then yes.

God, I love chicken.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

life or death situation with dead bodies, id say i would, wouldnt kill anyone though

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Kia_Kaha

You can't really answer that unless you've been put in such a situation. I'd like to think I wouldn't but I think if my life depended on it I probably would. Then again, if I've run out of ham I give the cat a suspicious look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

Yeah id say so if i was desperate and there was nothing else to eat, i don't think it'd be that bad really, we eat dead animals every day and its the same thing.

I think i would need some sort of sauce with it , the same way that plain chicken isn't that tasty without sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

That was a great film. Made me think the same thing.
    I honestly don't think you could say one way or the other until in that situation.
    I can't stomach eating loads of stuff, not because of how they taste, but more the thoughts of them, so I can't imagine being able to eat a person - especially one I knew.
    But at the same time - that instinct to do anything to survive is probably the strongest instinct inbuilt in us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    So you'd be worried about being given the cold shoulder then?

I'm not sure I could carry the cannibal tag well but then again it would be a good nickname to have if you were on the national rugby team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I can barely cook beans, there's no hope of me managing a whole person.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

My name is Federico Aranda, and I will return.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd eat them for the absolute craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

It all depends
    What sauce do I get to use and can I deep fry them?

I'd eat their craic.

That's sick :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Wonder how an eyeball would taste? One good chomp and it would burst like a balloon Id say. Id say the lung would taste good but wouldnt like one of a smoker

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fecky the Ninth

Are we talking about eating Lindsay Lohans pimply kabab ?

Yes,yes I would! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

brummytom wrote: »
    If it's true humans taste like chicken, then yes.

God, I love chicken.

This makes no sense. Would you not expect it to be more like other red meat?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I said yes but depends whether part of the scenario is taking a heavy stone and bashing their brains in in order to access their tasty tasty flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Eat or be eaten :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Does it have to be under extreme circumstances? If offered, I would taste a person whenever.

I'm adventurous with food :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I said yes but depends whether part of the scenario is taking a heavy stone and bashing their brains in in order to access their tasty tasty flesh.

This is a good point. If the person is already dead then it's an easy decision but if you had to murder a friend or family member......

I have to say that I'm surprised with the results so far. It's interesting to know that most of you would have no bother tucking into your fellow man If he succumbed to the freezing cold. I blame it on the Chinese takeaways we have over here, half of us probably are cannibals.

• Advertisement

Does it have to be under extreme circumstances? If offered, I would taste a person whenever.

I'm adventurous with food :)

Someones dressing up as a zombie Wednesday night....I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭zuzuzu

"And Tony's all like, ah get off me, I'm not even dead yet":D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Lexe

Hmmm well if I thought there was a good chance I'd be rescued then maybe.. but if you're totally ****ed then I prob wouldn't bother!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Katy Perrys fun bags could feed the world for eternity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Did they really have all that hash with them? Surely they could have found a Bigfoot hanging round the joint, and done a deal with him for his fur coat. Keep the cold off anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭tedobrien98

zuzuzu wrote: »

"And Tony's all like, ah get off me, I'm not even dead yet":D

FVCK!!! I was about to post that :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

areyawell wrote: »
    Wonder how an eyeball would taste? One good chomp and it would burst like a balloon Id say. Id say the lung would taste good but wouldnt like one of a smoker

Smoked lung sounds pretty good to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Its 03:10 and at this very moment in time, I would have no reservations about eating some people, simply because of their verbal diahorrea and total disregard...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭cafecolour

I think I could eat someone already dead if my life depended on it. I wouldn't up and kill someone to eat 'cause I was hungry. Honestly I don't even think I could even kill say, my dog, and eat him just because I was hungry.

I'd guess that human meat tastes horrible. We generally eat herbivores - the meat of meat eaters generally isn't very tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

If I missed breakfast and it was slightly chilly outside, I'd be inclined to eat Cheryl Cole through a letterbox, no salt/pepper required.

Advertisement