Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the most beer you've drank in a day without vomiting or falling asleep

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

What a ridiculous thread, substitute alcohol with any other drug and it would be socially unacceptable. Eg. How many cigarettes did u smoke before getting lung cancer, I smoked 20 a day for 17 years before I got the oul cancer!

Or how much cocaine did you take before over dosing? Friend of mine did 31 lines before ending up in hospital hahaha.

Why is consuming large amounts of a dangerous toxic substance something to boast about?

Not the same at all really. Actually I would be interested in how many fags a regular smoker could handle in a night before getting sick, I had about ten once on a night out and couldn't handle it.

On topic, I can usually get a fair bit of alcohol into me without getting sick but I can't drink for too long a period without getting tired. For example on a day like arthurs day I might only have one if I'm in town for the whole 1759 thing and then wait until later to start properly drinking if I plan on going out that night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Spunge wrote: »
    i took 20 pills over the space of 3 days.
    Must have been some headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Must have been some headache.

Unless you try Maddy Paddier, take the first junction to the right, get a bucket water, a sponge and then a brick and paint them all purple.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I did the 12 pubs recently and did it in a bit over 3 hours. It had to be Guinness though so you can only imagine the **** I took the next morning,

I did the 12 pubs recently and did it in a bit over 3 hours. It had to be Guinness though so you can only imagine the **** I took the next morning,
    OP said beer, idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

OP said beer, idiot.

Stout is a dark beer, who's the idiot now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

A lot. About 13+ pints, 20+ shots, few bottles when I got home.

tuxy wrote: »
    Stout is a dark beer, who's the idiot now?
    I knew he was lying to me. I hate that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I once had 50 pints in one day. Am I cool now too??

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

jd007 wrote: »
    I once had 50 pints in one day. Am I cool now too??

Very cool man! :pac: Someone to be respected and admired. Your drug of choice should also be used to promote the biggest sporting events and music festivals in the country!

But smoke a single joint and you will burn in hell for all eternity!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

14 beers.
    When I was 20 went through a phase of drinking that much over the course of a few hours. Its insane. There is no way I could handle that much now.

Over the course of 36 hours me and a mate split I think 5 bottles of whiskey and 72 bottles of beer. The next few days were rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

rag week last year...crate of bulmers longnecks in the space of around 5 hours and half a 70cl of smirnoff which i polished off in one go...didnt get sick or anything but slept for around 18 hours...woke up still tipsy and like an eegit...got some cans in...all in all...good week...took weeks before i was right again though...wouldnt recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,832 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The most i can remember drinking (usually too drunk to remember exactly what i drank) is 18 440ml cans in 5 hours. Myself and the brother had just found out about Sainte Etienne in Aldi, 12 cans for €9.99 and honestly the nicest beer in Ireland imo. It's all about the small bubbles (in a similar vein, Bud is pish water, but Bud66 is lovely! Small bubbles...).

This was only a couple of years ago. Then they changed the cans to 500ml and slightly ruined it (still the nicest beer, just have that horrible bit at the end which you don't get with smaller cans).

Nowadays though, i'd be lucky to have 7 pints before getting sick due to no room for more. Also found that getting sick before going to bed lessens the hangover.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

Dean09 wrote: »
    Who said its anything to boast about?
    And your examples make no sense. The thread doesn't ask how much did you drink before you got liver failure, so why mention lung cancer and overdoses??

Well now the title is now regarding much you can drink "without vomiting or falling asleep"? And by sleep, I presume the op means unconscious from alcohol. (Because the other "regular" sleep occurs every day regardless of how much anyone drinks) Anyway both seriously dangerous things on their own and potentially fatal when combined (sleep and vomit).

Yet I feel the thread is designed to provoke the "I can drink 20 pints look how hard I am", moreso than creating public awareness to the dangers of this toxic, potentially fatal substance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Yet I feel the thread is designed to provoke the "I can drink 20 pints look how hard I am", moreso than creating public awareness to the dangers of this toxic, potentially fatal substance.

I think most people who posted also stated how awful they felt for days after. So if that was the design of the thread it has failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

25 cans of bavaria. i was 17 at the time and could just keep going!
    i'd be fairly locked after about 6 pints now tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've never been able to handle too much beer. There's just too much fluid. let's face it, drinking 10 pints of water in 5 hours is hard enough.
    I did manage to finish a bottle of whiskey in 8 hours though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,779 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

16 pints over a day....fairly bad nick the next day.

Don't bother with the oul booze now at all........odd can of bulmers maybe but that's the height of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

3 cans of Guinness and a large bottle of Jack. Finished at about 7am,having started at 10pm. went home and played xbox.

To be fair, I threw my guts up at about 6pm that evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,069 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Not exactly sure of the numbers but it was last Paddy's Day and I had somewhere between fifteen and twenty pints and a few whiskeys on top of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

17 pints on a Saturday in my early twenties. Took in 3 football matches that day and also 2 large meals, which is probably what saved me.

I wouldn't even try to attempt that now, 5 pints and I'd need to take a week off work.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭Hooked

The only time I've counted and can be certain is the day I met my now GF. Out early for the rugby, 19 drinks... Mix of beers, gin and tonics, pints of Guinness, shots. She rarely drinks and we spent the latter part of the night talking, walking from one end of Limerick to the other and I walked her back to her car and she drove me home. Well, to my brothers house and joined us for a few bottles of miller. Think that's 20/21 actually. I was 33 at the time.

Was on a stag in Edinburgh two weeks back. Heavy night Friday and our for a fry up about 10.30am sat morning. We were in the pub for 11.30am, Munster v Racing Metro. Cue 14 hours drinking topped of by a phonecall to herself from the residents bar on my last drink, a bottle of Peroni just after 1.30 am. She said I'd clearly 'drank myself sober'.

I'm really built for the long drawn out sessions... Don't go out that often nowadays, but at 34 I can still put em away. And if there's even a hint of a hangover... A fry up and a few pints of water and I'm right as rain.

College days were usually a slab/box of 24 miller bottles at a party... drank till empty.

I'm actually typing this in bed having had 2 bottles of red wine and a few Paulaner last night. Not a hint of a hangover. Must get up and walk the dog and get the fry on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I drank loads this one time automatically making me a legend like.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

I find drinking to be a bit of a gamble, you just never know if you're gonna be banjoed drunk or go all night.

Couple of years ago went out and woke up with an unholy hangover. Rang a mate and we arranged to go to the local shop for a roll. Both of us were dying but for some reason instead of going into the shop we both just walked into the local pub instead. That was at around 12:30. At 23:00 and 27 pints later I was feeling ok (very surprisingly enough) and thought it at a grand idea to try to go to a club in phibsborough.... Not surprisingly, I didn't get in!
    Didn't feel too bad the next day.

For a stag weekend last year we went out on the Friday, around 12-14 pints and I was dying the next day. I was so bad I was considering not going out at all. Dragged myself out of bed and continued to have 12 pints and 25 shots (vodka/brandy/whiskey/sambucca/jaeger etc etc)... Woke up the next day feeling fine, got the train home and was in work that night.
    I've had several nights where I've had 12 cans and a bottle of whiskey to myself.

Didn't get sick on any of those nights but the most drunk/most sick/most hungover I've ever been... After 6 cans of coors light. Suffering jaysus that was a bad night.

There's nothing to brag about when it comes to drinking, I'm not proud of any of that.
    You spend so much money and feel ill for a few days, what's there to be proud of??
    I have a friend who is gone after 5-6 pints, I honestly envy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Christmas Eve 2010.

Me and the aul fella went to Liffey Valley at about 1, got a taxi back home at about 2, then hit the pub at 2.30.

Spent about 5 hours with him and his drinking buddies and had about 10 pints in me by 7 o clock.

The nightclub upstairs opened at 8 til about 12 midnight. Had another 5 in me then went to a lock in in the pub around the corner.

I think it amounted to near 16 to 20 pints. Can't believe I wasn't sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

I've had a bottle of wine now, and it feels like the top of my head is floating away. I don't like wine drunk.
    Why is it, as I get older I have a preference for wine over beer - yet the hangovers from wine are 10x worse than anything I've had from beer?:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

12 cans in a day is my best haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I can rarely remember how much beer i drank the night before.

The only way i know is how much money i spent or if i get a set amount of alcohol like 12 cans or something and i count how many are remaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I usually lose count after my 15th pint :o. I never get sleepy from drink though and I never know the one that's one too many unfortunately. I fell down a flight of stairs on Saturday night and my housemate had to pick me up and get me to my room....not my proudest moment. I drank a bottle of wine in less than an hour followed by an Erdinger Urweisse, 6 cans of Smithwicks and 4 cans of Prazsky.

And I had work the next day.

Silly silly boy.

Advertisement