Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

whats the most beer you've drank in a day without vomiting or falling asleep

Options
  • 29-10-2012 12:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭

I was wondering what is the theoritical limit

A friend of mine who is not prone to exaggeration, and who does not drink frequently, yesterday drank 19 pints of beer between 12:30pm and 3am (thats nearly a 15 and half hour day, which took in a premiership football match and quite a bit of food.........
    He wasnt proud of it (he was ashamed really). He didnt fall asleep at any stage, nor did he get sick at any stage.

Lets just say he got 4000 calories intake from beer yesterday.

All in all, a massively unhealthy day, something he does about once every two years.

Personally, I've never drank more than 10 pints of beer in a similar period of time, or if i did, I would definitely fall asleep and/or get sick.

What's the most beer you've drank in a day, without getting sick or falling asleep ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

tree fiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Na, don't like beer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

about 13 pints last year on the heineken cup/champions league final day. if you eat during the day you should be alright.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

A lot

Cause I like beer

About 10-12 over the course of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

In before Damo robbing Dutch Gold truck video

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

paddys day every year.

20+ pints plus other alcoholic drinks towards the end of the night...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

11 spanning from 12 p.m until 2 a.m

• Registered Users Posts: 12,430 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

A few years ago at an all day and night house party I had 24 bottles of beer followed by a roughly a naggin of southern comfort. Also had a few jaeger bombs throughout the day. Between maybe 5pm till about 4am. I was a mess. Surprised I didn't get sick at all that night but the next day was a different story. Thought I was gonna die.
    Nowadays, 6 pints and I'm anybodys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 FidoFly

about 12 but I was full not drunk - crap beer in a crap pub

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Halloran springs

What a ridiculous thread, substitute alcohol with any other drug and it would be socially unacceptable. Eg. How many cigarettes did u smoke before getting lung cancer, I smoked 20 a day for 17 years before I got the oul cancer!

Or how much cocaine did you take before over dosing? Friend of mine did 31 lines before ending up in hospital hahaha.

Why is consuming large amounts of a dangerous toxic substance something to boast about?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

Christmas day in Waterford. 20 bottles of Miller and a big bottle of Jagermesiter over the space around 9 hours. Didnt get sick but had to be carried to bed cause I couldnt stand and also pissed my friends bed!!.

Another time back in my prime when I was 17 was 14 cans, 2 naggins and around 5 or 6 pints. Got barred from the pub at the end of the night for three months!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

My limit is about ten. Anything more than that (or spirits), I'm not going to have a fun time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

In my drinking peak(early 20s) a gang of us would hit the pub at 12 on saturday morning,drink all day ,have a bite to eat about 6 then back for more before finishing at the local disco about 3am.
    Over the course of the day we could drink 20-25 pints.
    Jesus ,Id love to be young and free again sometimes.

What a ridiculous thread, substitute alcohol with any other drug and it would be socially unacceptable. Eg. How many cigarettes did u smoke before getting lung cancer, I smoked 20 a day for 17 years before I got the oul cancer!

Or how much cocaine did you take before over dosing? Friend of mine did 31 lines before ending up in hospital hahaha.

Why is consuming large amounts of a dangerous toxic substance something to boast about?
    Who said its anything to boast about?
    And your examples make no sense. The thread doesn't ask how much did you drink before you got liver failure, so why mention lung cancer and overdoses??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

It must be half term. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Spot the female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

squod wrote: »
    Spot the female.

Da fuq does that mean?

Exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I once decided to push the boat out and had three beers, I passed out not so long after and I had a two day hangover! Never again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

About 16 pints on a session day, know plenty who would drink 20+ on a regular enough occasion. Worked with a fella who knocked back 26 pints and a bottle of whiskey starting from 2pm on New Years Eve til 5am New Years Day and walked out the pub. Was back knocking on the pub door at 12pm to be let back in for the cure.

nbar12 wrote: »
    I once decided to push the boat out and had three beers, I passed out not so long after and I had a two day hangover! Never again!

I think it's time to admit to yourself that you have a problem.
    It's gotten out of hand at this stage.
    I'm staging an intervention.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

I'm waiting for the "You must be great craic at parties" response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

24 bottles of Bud at a house party a year ago...followed be two pints at a pub. Few shots too. Was feeling terrible but couldn't get sick. Ate a tonne of food that night and the next morning too. Spent the rest of the day with my head in a bucket or else under the duvet. Needless to say I can't stomach Bud well anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

12 pints + a curry.

Was pissed but still standing and not falling asleep. That was over a year ago. These days I would be doing well to achieve just over half of that. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

What a ridiculous post

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

the most ever was 19 on my 18th birthday, from 5pm to 2am and i went home about 8 for dinner and back at 9. thats when i used to drink 3 times a week. i dont do shot, although clubbing double vodka and red bull.

few years later i go about 10 before im full, not drunk but full.

last saturday after the rugby had 12 and was a bit tipsy, made a 3km walk home, not sick. all about ''practice''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

i took 20 pills over the space of 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Prick! wrote: »
    I'm waiting for the "You must be great craic at parties" response.

There it is.
    I found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I can only handle about 3 pints!

I can drink vodka all night though.
    Even though I haven't drank in a good while.

That's a crazy amount though - in the op.

I've had a bottle of wine now, and it feels like the top of my head is floating away. I don't like wine drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I don't know, maybe 3 or 4 pints. Generally if I'm getting plastered, I'll be hitting the spirits. I've never understood how people can neck down 10+ pints on a night out. If I drank 10 pints of water I'd want to fiucking puke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

12 cans, 24 bottles, 12 pints (estimate based on how long spent in pubs and my resulting cash ) a healthy number of shots and a few more bottles on the way home spread out from 7am to about 5am the next day when I decided to goto sleep on the ferry.

This was on a trip to Wales for a football match two years ago. I did get sick after waking up at about 7am when our ferry came into Dublin and again when I got home

Advertisement