Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing woman - Aoife Phelan

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

This was actually from yesterday http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/gardai-looking-for-aoife-phelan-begin-digging-local-garden-573171.html
    Detectives searching for pregnant nanny Aoife Phelan have begun digging ground at the rear of a house in her home town.

Forensic experts are using a mini-digger and shovels as part of the latest search for Aoife centred at an address on Timahoe Road, in Portlaoise, Co Laois.

The sealed-off house was raided last night by investigating gardaí.

There was no media frenzy to search for her from the get go, they most have known something more sinister had happened :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Phoenix wrote: »
    A body had been found:(
    Breaking just now

link? confirmation?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

May she rest in peace.

Wonder what's in the file that's been sent to the DPP?

Terrible for the family but at least they'll get closure. Whatever about the scumbaggery of taking someone's life, but not telling where the body is is just as bad in my opinion.

(I realise that the person who was in for questioning may not have had that knowledge, i more referring to other recent cases in Australia and Wales).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭cazzak79

It's on rte website also

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

RIP to Aoife and her child. Anyone who kills someone else is low but it takes a special kind of scumbag to hurt a pregnant woman. Hope whoever it is will be caught soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

I hope for her family's sake that it is her, and they can try to start to grieve for her and the child.

The last few days must have been horrific for them. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Why is there not more about this on the news? Why are some women huge in the news and some not. Aoife should have a bit of attention on her story. And who is the guy? If he's been released without charge, who's house are they searching?

I mean it's not often bodies are found in gardens of houses in Ireland!!! Why is this not all over the news? There's fdefinitely been a lack of reporting on this. Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Death and Taxes

RIP Aoife, very very sad story.
    Hopefully the Gardai will apprehend the killer soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I mean it's not often bodies are found in gardens of houses in Ireland!!! Why is this not all over the news? There's fdefinitely been a lack of reporting on this. Why?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

Probably because she was a young single mother to be :mad:

May she rest in peace, and may God give her family and friends the strength to get through this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭mightyreds

what exactly does file sent to the ddp mean he didn't do it or they had nothing until the body now might tie him to it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

whitewave wrote: »
    I hope for her family's sake that it is her, and they can try to start to grieve for her and the child.

The last few days must have been horrific for them. RIP.

+1.

Hopefully they'll get closure now and some privacy to grieve in private.
    Thoughts and prayers with the family.

From the Irish Herald. Now I'm not incriminating the man they're talking about here, but the reporting is sickening, he is 'highly respected and well known in GAA circles',:rolleyes:

'The Herald understands that the highly respected local man -- who is understood to be abroad -- is the father of a child that Aoife is four months pregnant with. The man, who is well known in local GAA circles, has not returned to Ireland from overseas where he was on a brief holiday.'

I hate this aspect in small local villages, where there is definitely a GAA hierarchy, you're either respected if your family is part of the GAA scene, and you're not if you're not. It's nearly expected that you have to get involved in this, and seen to be bizarre if you don't. GAA has too much of a stranglehold on Irish country society. It's always indicated in reports that if the person was 'well known in local GAA circles' then they are deserving of the utmost respect. Ridiculous. These crimes are as often committed by well respected people in social scenes as they are by the stereotype - homeless men down a dark alleyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Muilleann

Very sad.

R.I.P.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

It was the first item on One News on RTE television today.
    It is the first item currently on the RTE.ie, Independent.ie, BreakingNews.ie and presumably other websites.
    This on the day Obama has won a new term.
    So I'm not sure what you're talking about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,065 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

In the news there's been a lot of detailed information about the investigation the last day or two , have to think that they are very close to charging or arresting somebody

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

A sad and tragic end in the search for Aoife. Our deepest condolences go out to Aoife's friends and family.

Since this has turned into a full blown, fast paced murder investigation, it is best to avoid speculation here and let AGS get on with the investigation.

R.I.P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement