Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How / where'd you meet your OH/Partner

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

Met my wife in a night club :)
    only problem is it since closed down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Single now, but met a long term ex on the street.

Was in town with my mates, who we'll call Sarah and Mark. This guy and what I assumed was his girlfriend wandered up to us and asked for directions to Temple Bar (not from Dublin, obviously!). Mark, being the eejit that he is, invited them to come to Starbucks with us, and they did.

Mark and the new guy left myself and Sarah alone with this other girl, Nicole. Made some awkward small talk. Myself and Nicole then went out for a smoke when the lads came back in, with her stopping to whisper with the new guy for a minute first.

Nicole tells me outside that her friend, Gaz, fancied me but Mark told him that he himself was dating me! :eek::mad:

As we all left later on, me having said not a single word to Gaz out of shyness, he asked for my number.

Next day, went drinking with him and Nicole and some other people, I ended up waking up in a pool of blood in his bed with no memory of what happened because one of the lads had me downing pints of straight vodka and I passed out. He was gentlemanly, and left me in his room. Next morning, I couldn't speak, move or anything. He cleaned up the blood, loaned me clothes, let me stay again and asked me out. We dated for a few years and are still good mates. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Ummm ... jesus ... blood?! :eek: I'm confused ... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Ummm ... jesus ... blood?! :eek: I'm confused ... :/

Very little memory of the night, but I apparently vomited so much before passing out that I spent the night waking up sporadically to cough up blood. Presume I tore my throat a bit or something. :pac: Obviously, I've calmed down on the drinking since then, that was when I was a stupid kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Spoiler tags are there for things like that Lynda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

Met my wife in a night club :)
    only problem is it since closed down

I have no idea why that is in spoiler tags?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ultra_other

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    I have no idea why that is in spoiler tags?
    Feeling old :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭soundmangar

Came out of a bad relationship on a Friday. Swore myself off women for a while, bit of time out, go travelling etc. Went for a pint on the Sunday, got talking to a bird, 5 yrs later engaged with a 3yr old son. It's always when you least expect it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

I met my wife in Geoffs (Waterford) when a friend asked me to keep her friend who was home from UL company. We chatted and took the piss out of all comers. Within a few days we were going out, got married 10 years later to the day, has 2 fantastic kids, celebrated our tenth wedding aniversary in September.

Then in October she did the school run with the kids run and went to work where she died suddenly.

20 years was not enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

fenris wrote: »
    I met my wife in Geoffs (Waterford) when a friend asked me to keep her friend who was home from UL company. We chatted and took the piss out of all comers. Within a few days we were going out, got married 10 years later to the day, has 2 fantastic kids, celebrated our tenth wedding aniversary in September.

Then in October she did the school run with the kids run and went to work where she died suddenly.

Ah that's very sad. I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you have good people around you to help you through this difficult time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

Met the love of my life in the pub. Went with a friend to meet her BF & his friends... in she walked... immediately interested - quickly turned to lust, then to love & the rest is history. Best thing I ever did, go out that night.

There are stats somewhere that a massive amount of us meet out partners thru friends. Therefore suggest you work your network.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

fenris wrote: »

Jesus, I hope you are doing ok.

Best wishes to you and your children, I hope you have all of the support you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Online - Badoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭shalalala

One of the seemingly rare POF couples! ;)

Advertisement