Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kanger T3

Options
  • 27-10-2012 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

So I am here fapping about with a kanger T3 that arrived yesterday. Only got around to playing with it this evening.

Anyone else tried these ? More so anymore have any issues with them ?

Getting a kinda slow drip type leak out of the bottom of it ? Any suggestions on how to fix it or is it a dud ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

No leaks with mine but I do get a weird taste with t3. I use it on an ego mini. 2.4 ohm heads are not really what I'd like to vape on. Until there are lr heads for sale I'll be using my trusted t2.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

No leaks with mine either. It's a much cooler vape cos it's bottom coil. I find it best with certain flavours, usually ones that have a mint kick to them.

I do like it for those flavours but overall I think the taste from the T2 is much cleaner

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

The one I got must be a dud so. Its leaking out the bottom of the connector. One for the wheelie bin :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

what's the general consensus of this then? should I upgrade from my t2 or wait a while so they can perfect the t3?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Did you get liquid down the central air hole? Disconnect it from the battery and blow through the tip on to some kitchen roll.

The only time clearos I've had leaked was due to that or they need a replacement head. As yours is new I wouldn't say it's the head

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

The leaking could be the weakness of the T3, the T2 was good at sealing but the wicking inadvertently filtered some of the flavor with defying gravity to get into the coil. With the T3 from looking at the design any flaw in the components could flood it as gravity is acting constantly. However the flavor must be premier league.

I have ordered a couple to play with

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭chickenfarmer

I took it apart and reckon it must be one of the little silicon o-ring seals. I have cleared it loads of times and it keeps leaking. Took apart the head and the wick is sitting on top of the coil ? Like there is a small coiled wick and then a larger wick sitting on top of that. Tried to re-seat everything back as good as I could. Filled it up a bit and there was an improvement for a bit. Then the gurgling started again. Ah I not too pushed. Was only trying it cause its new. There are plenty of vivi-nova's / clearomisers / carto-tanks and ego type cartomisers about the house to keep me going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

if anyone is interested I successfully recoiled a t3 last night. its a bit fiddly but possible. work way better than the way it come. 6 wraps .2 wire can out at 1.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Just did this tonight using cotton pad & twisted wire - very impressed. Took 4 x 10 sec puffs in a row to test it, and no dry hit!
    My new go-to for out and about before I stump up the cash for a nice Genesis-style.
    Expensive bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭republic of goon

is the cotton a lot better than silica ? I got one of the vh genisus but have pulled out most of my hair since!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

is the cotton a lot better than silica ? I got one of the vh genisus but have pulled out most of my hair since!

I got one during the week too and they are difficult alright. I'll probably sell mine. I've got it working well enough but it's too 'clunky' for me. Filling it is a nightmare compared to the Bulli tank. Vapes well alright though but just not my cup of tea.

I can only compare it to the silica wick/coil that came with it (which tasted gnocchi, couldn't be bothered letting the flavour get better over the course of a tank) but cotton beats every silica wick I've tried to build in the Vivi, RDA or Phoenix.

I've thought about the VH Genesis, but it looks like dual coils would be impossible with it.
    I really want a wider, less tall version of the UKVA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Is the T3 threaded on the inside of the collar, like the T2?? I'm hoping they've moved the threads to the 510 connector??

Threaded on the collar. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Got one of these recently & it does the business.

I'm a newbe to this, but the T3 is great for vaping.

However, it gurgles when you inhale, a lot. I dosen't leak into the battery area like the iMist.

It leaks internally & sounds like a blocked Jax sometimes.

Having said that, I'll buy more of them, to give it a chance.

The Jury's still out though..........

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

Got one of these recently & it does the business.

I'm a newbe to this, but the T3 is great for vaping.

However, it gurgles when you inhale, a lot. I dosen't leak into the battery area like the iMist.

It leaks internally & sounds like a blocked Jax sometimes.

Having said that, I'll buy more of them, to give it a chance.

The Jury's still out though..........

Have you actually tried a T2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

jamie72 wrote: »
    Have you actually tried a T2

No, but I might try one out .

Do they perform as well as the T3?

T2 needs to be tipped or vaped tip facing down & the vapour is hotter and a little less flavourful because it's a top coil.
    Pretty good otherwise though. Less likely to gurgle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Got some T3's today, and an ego twist battery. Has anyone found the bottom metal ring getting very hot on the T3?

How hot is "very" hot?

A bit warm, or uncomfortable to the touch?

Is the battery getting hot?

• Advertisement

grindle wrote: »
    How hot is "very" hot?

A bit warm, or uncomfortable to the touch?

Is the battery getting hot?

Its not uncomfortable, i can hold it, but its hot as opposed to warm if that makes sense. The battery isnt warm at all, its the bottom of the the kanger, the serrated edge thing just above the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Does it heat up and get warm straight away or is it after a few puffs?

The atomizer is there (i believe) so that might be the cause.

Its after a few puffs, I hold the button down and vape a few tokes then exhale, prob holding it for 4-5 secs at a time. I understand how its working, was just a little freaked at the heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭banger01

Is the eGo-CTwist battery auto matic or manual??

Manual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

Have ordered 2 T'3s today and 5 spare coils, have been using a new mini Nova but the bloody thing drinks the juice faster than I drink Bulmers Light after eating something salty :(
    I get the gurgling on the mini but only if I fill it to high, leave a bit of room below the coil and no gurgle.
    Was told that the T3 is less gusty on juice than the Nova hope so.

Just juiced up my T3 and getting burnt taste at my normal mini and normal Nova setting of 4.6 on the Provari, does the wick need to soak for a while? have turned down setting to 4.0 and still slight burning taste.
    Also noticed juice flavour no where near as good as with the Nova's am I just being impatient or is this the norm for a T3? (only had the juice in it for under 5 mins though)

I left it there for five minutes, took a couple of non-firing draws, and that's it.

It's much cooler, but I've found the flavour to be far better than the T2 or Vivi. Started noticing more subtle tastes in certain juices too.

Edit: take a couple of primer puffs and you should see a couple of bubbles make their way to the surface. Always ready to vape after I see a few bubbles.

So far not impressed :( with the T3 as you said Grinds cooler vape, but flavour no where near as good as the Nova (a muted taste with both Strawberry Lemonade and Irish cream, my 2 favorites) and big draw with little hit, tried both of them in case one coil wasn't performing but both the same. was looking for an alternative to the Nova as I can see the level dropping in the tank with every puff (ok slight exaggeration but it does guzzle the juice).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

When I first tried the T3, there was a burnt taste for the first few puffs, then the muted flavour but over the course of the time I was using it the flavour got a lot better, I find them to be alot better than the T2 that said I never really got on with the T2!

Advertisement