Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2014*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yo good luck homies. Every year loads of people who end up scoring >95th percentile always come on here bummed out cause they feel they bombed it. Regardless of how you feel it went, remember that it's only half the battle and repeating the hpat is probably a bit easier than having to repeat the LC too, so however it goes shrug it off and get busy nailing down the exams in June.

Stay strong xo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Best of luck tomorrow guys. I'd advise ye all to do your best to put it out of your minds for now (easier said than done I know! :pac:), do something that relaxes you whether it's a video game or exercise or watching TV. Don't freak out if you can't sleep tonight, I'd say I got about two hours of sleep last year, the adrenaline will push you through. To echo my most firmly held belief about the HPAT, being calm on the day of the test and having a positive attitude is so so soooo important.

Also, try to avoid doing post mortems. Absolutely pointless and it's one of those exams where often no one can be sure of what the right answer actually is. If you think you messed it up, push that from your mind too, I thought the same after last year, as did many others as fewtin said, and I didn't. :) Hope you all enjoy the feeling of relief (hopefully) after putting down your pencil upon completing Section 3. And don't forget your registration card/ID!

Positive attitudes guys! Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SuperSayian

Just to anyone who has done badly in the M******y exams/drills/etc., don't be worried about it. Last year I constantly scored in the top 95+ percentile in sections 2 & 3, 80+ in section 1 and I did them in the allotted amount of time… all I will say is that I certainly didn't do a third as well on the day. To be honest, I wouldn't have any great time for their "percentiles"!

Good luck everyone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Need advice :p

Hb or 2b pencil

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Hb or 2b pencil

My mum bought me like 5 of each.

I swear she's more nervous than I am :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 uzzy_94

Hb or 2b pencil

The admission ticket says HB.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭chatterboxxx95

Personally I'd go with HB, it'll be easier to erase just incase!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Good luck all.
    Set out all your stuff tonight so you don't have any headless chicken scenes in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Daniel2590

Just got 32/33/21 on practice test 2, fairly delighted with that considering I got 27/19/17 on practice test 3 yesterday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kenney

Just want to wish everyone good luck for tomorrow. I did mine last year so I know how you all feel. Don't worry if you don't get any sleep tonight, I got about 2 hours before my HPAT and still got 98th percentile. And don't worry if you think you did badly or didn't do as well as your practise tests. EVERYONE feels this way. Just take it easy and chill once it's done. And if you can, chat with some friends before the test starts. It really helps to calm the nerves seeing a friendly face and seeing how everyone else is in the same nervous boat as you are - because they definitely will be. Good luck! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Good luck tomorrow guys! Best piece of advice is to just keep a calm head, no point in stressing it won't get you anywhere! Also great thing that someone told me last year for afterwards in order to avoid coming on here to see everyones postmortems of the exam was to download one of the website blockers and just block boards for 24 hours, absolutely no point in coming on here if your happy/sad/anxious and seeing people who think there certain of answers saying ones that you didn't pick. Go in there, do the exam and forget about it. Its done, nothing you can do about it and just start focusing on June.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LydiaCatherine

What's getting me through tomorrow is the thought of never having to do hpat EVER AGAIN!! So go in there and give it your best, start strong and finish strong. Hope everyone gets a good nights sleep, I can't stress that enough! And whatever happens we can't say we didn't try. Positive attitude!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭miissjuly

Omg it's in 9 hours ahh good luck everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Huell

Not doing it myself but best of luck to everyone doing it :)

Hpat 2014 complete :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Ericaosull

H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sunnydee

Any thoughts..?

Ericaosull wrote: »
    H
    *HPAT OVER :p

Well done guys :) Didn't envy any of you in the slightest this morning.

sunnydee wrote: »
    Any thoughts..?

Did you do the HPAT today? It was difficult but I think I did alright... Was it just me or did section 1 and 2 get a lot harder... Like the questions were SO long and I am usually terrible at sec3 (shapes :( ) but i actually though thw shapes question was fine :p

• Advertisement

General consensus every year is that S2 is always harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 sunnydee

Ericaosull wrote: »
    Did you do the HPAT today? It was difficult but I think I did alright... Was it just me or did section 1 and 2 get a lot harder... Like the questions were SO long and I am usually terrible at sec3 (shapes :( ) but i actually though thw shapes question was fine :p

I personally thought section one was awful, not going to lie. The passages in section 2 were all long, and usually when I was doing practice exams, there was always a few short ones. Then I actually thought section 3 was grand. Like, I managed to get a decent answer for every question bar one. That's not going to help though, seeing as the weightings for the sections were changed *sigh

I am glad you are of the same consensus .

I though section was gruelling and challenging . But I though two and three were ok .

Do we all get the same test or different order questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Holly_Rose

Section 1 was more difficult than I was expecting...was it just me or were there a lot more problem solving questions than the acer samples? :/ thought two was grand and three actually went fine considering it's my worst section!

Well done everyone we can just put it to the back of our minds now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 uzzy_94

Section 1 and 2 was sooo hard!! and there were a few tricky ones in section 3. Overall outlook. Terrible. :(

i hate to be a buzzkill but i wouldnt discuss the questions that came up.

they emphasised to us that they will zero your score if you discuss hpat 2014 content questions online or on the internet .

there isnt too many discussions out there on this subject. I hate to see it happen to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Holly_Rose

they emphasised to us that they will zero your score if you discuss hpat 2014 content questions online or on the internet .

there isnt too many discussions out there on this subject. I hate to see it happen to anyone.

Yeah just remembered that and deleted my post..oops :L

• Registered Users Posts: 24 BBHenry

Really expected it to be a lot worse! Thank god its over. Section 3 was surprisingly fine, section two was tough though considering its usually my best. Thank god its over!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Thanks Eoghan. I'll try delete any future posts that are not just discussing it in a general sense.
    Some people are their own worst enemies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

I really do doubt they'll zero your score, sure how could they possibly connect EoghanIRL to your real name, like there'd be a lot of Eoghans, and maybe that isn't even your real first name, ridiculous not to discuss it, I did it plenty of times last year on here and got my result quite happily.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement