Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners Broker

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Yes they do, like America for example just do a google search for online gambling and the USA.

http://www.gambling.ie/irish-online-gambling-company-involved-in-us-arrest

How much do you have invested? How much have you got friends and family to invest? How much have you actually taken out? How much have friends and family taken out? What is the combined loss you and family and friends will suffer if I and others are right?

What about the other country's in the world? Like i said none but just ignore that because of course i have to be involved in it just like anyone else who questions the all mighty boards, i mean thats the only reason anyone would do that isnt it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

lala88 wrote: »
    What about the other country's in the world? Like i said none but just ignore that because of course i have to be involved in it just like anyone else who questions the all mighty boards, i mean thats the only reason anyone would do that isnt it?

Many successful companies only operate in a few companies. Your statement about boards is just silly. If you are not involved in BB and are just looking for info great. I have no involvement in boards, or adverts other than being a poster on boards, I ask just for clarity do you have any involvement in BB.

Many successful companies only operate in a few companies. Your statement about boards is just silly. If you are not involved in BB and are just looking for info great. I have no involvement in boards, or adverts other than being a poster on boards, I ask just for clarity do you have any involvement in BB.

Why would BB be any different then? Its not really once anything someone says on here is questioned they are always accused of having something to with the compnay in question

Why would BB be any different then? Its not really once anything someone says on here is questioned they are always accused of having something to with the compnay in question

I am not accusing you or anyone else of anything. When I speak about the legal system on here I am very clear that I am a barrister, why? So whoever reads my posts knows exactly my agenda. If someone supports a company or business or product their exact connection is important, a random punter saying such a place is good is very different to an employee of a competitor saying its bad, if I know the connection it helps me form a rounded opinion, I ask again are you just an interested outsider or investor or employee? It's a fair question if you don't answer it fine, but I will then assume what I want.

Some reading for the interested http://finchsells.com/2012/10/21/banners-broker-scam-dont-let-it-affect-you/

And http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/sw-irish-crime.php?aid=13767

I am not accusing you or anyone else of anything. When I speak about the legal system on here I am very clear that I am a barrister, why? So whoever reads my posts knows exactly my agenda. If someone supports a company or business or product their exact connection is important, a random punter saying such a place is good is very different to an employee of a competitor saying its bad, if I know the connection it helps me form a rounded opinion, I ask again are you just an interested outsider or investor or employee? It's a fair question if you don't answer it fine, but I will then assume what I want.

Some reading for the interested http://finchsells.com/2012/10/21/banners-broker-scam-dont-let-it-affect-you/

And http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/sw-irish-crime.php?aid=13767

Not saying you are but plenty of posters and mods for that matter are very fast to do it. Iv heard about it and want to know what it is about, but all iv got here from posters is really what i taught i would get ''its a scam'' ''people are losing money'' etc yet not one person here has anything to back up there claims of it being a scam etc

• Advertisement

Not saying you are but plenty of posters and mods for that matter are very fast to do it. Iv heard about it and want to know what it is about, but all iv got here from posters is really what i taught i would get ''its a scam'' ''people are losing money'' etc yet not one person here has anything to back up there claims of it being a scam etc

Did you read any of my links or what I said. Did you search for any of the main people involved in any of the countries. Did you read the article by an actual advertiser and broker. I know what I'm talking about I have sat with some people who made money early on in BB, I was offered thousands of an investment in BB for free I believe so much in my research I turned that offer down fact.

It's a ponzi you may not want to believe it but it is, ask google, yahoo or Facebook do they deal with BB if any of them do I will invest a grand in the morning. If any of those 3 write multi million cheques to BB ill eat my hat because there is no way in hell you can make money in excess of 300 million dollars a year with out the big 3 writing you serious cheques fact.

Did you read any of my links or what I said. Did you search for any of the main people involved in any of the countries. Did you read the article by an actual advertiser and broker. I know what I'm talking about I have sat with some people who made money early on in BB, I was offered thousands of an investment in BB for free I believe so much in my research I turned that offer down fact.

It's a ponzi you may not want to believe it but it is, ask google, yahoo or Facebook do they deal with BB if any of them do I will invest a grand in the morning. If any of those 3 write multi million cheques to BB ill eat my hat because there is no way in hell you can make money in excess of 300 million dollars a year with out the big 3 writing you serious cheques fact.

People have bad experience with things all the time but that doesnt mean there scams does it? Yes i did read them but i still dont see anything to say its a scam or not. When the like of Google, Facebook were first set up how many people would have taught they were scams?

People have bad experience with things all the time but that doesnt mean there scams does it? Yes i did read them but i still dont see anything to say its a scam or not. When the like of Google, Facebook were first set up how many people would have taught they were scams?

You do not want to see what is there. This company are making claims which people in the industry are saying are rubbish, they are promising returns that are impossible, not one advertiser uses them (one guy offered a $100k advertising spend they never contacted him) the main Internet traffic websites have no dealing with them. If you don't want to see what is clearly in front of you fine I can not make you open your eyes, for you I hope you have not invested if you have get out quick.

I have no axe to grind with this company, I am not involved in any advertising company. But I can see and saw from a distance that this was a fraud, the people behind it have past involvement in Ponzi schemes having been closed down, but if you think I'm full of it then go and invest no skin of my nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bannersbroken

New to this forum but would like to add my two cents about BB and maybe make things a little clearer to lala88 without being sarcastic etc.

Usual story: Family member(s) gets involved in BB, promotes it, suggests it to me, have my doubts but decide to take a punt knowing full well that there's a fair chance it's too good to be true. Invested E500 because I could afford to lose it. Unfortunately I did my due diligence after the event and now realise that it is in all probability a scam. I have no expertise in online advertising so can only go on reason and common sense. A few points to note that should set alarm bells ringing:

- BB members tend to act in cultish way; become defensive/aggressive with any hint of negativity
    - Founders (Dixit) have history of scams
    - Company accounts based offshore (Belize/Isle of Man)
    - Have puppets to promote BB (Paul McCarthy speaks as if he's only just discovered the Internet)
    - Fill hotel conference rooms often attracting vulnerable old people
    - Encourage affiliates to recruit
    - Poor standard of website
    - Adpub combo only option actually taken up (advertiser/publisher options do not work)
    - Websites on BB site are clearly fakes thrown together very quickly
    - General lack of education/poor spelling and grammar on part of BB defenders (may sound snobby but it's true)

Any questions on how my account is "progressing" are welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Thanks Banners Broken.

You pretty much sum up the situation very well. It's not easy to admit when things have gone wrong which is something Banners Broken uses to it's advantage. You may have just saved someone else making a similar mistake.

I have a question, If you try and withdraw your money right now, What happens?

• Advertisement

Hi Agent J

I've been in for about 6 months but due to monthly/traffic subscriptions never had enough in my eWallet to withdraw substantial funds.

However, I've recently loaded $200 to my BB card leaving enough in to cover subscriptions for March. It takes 3 weeks for this money to become available apparently so it'll be the end of Feb before I can test it.

When/if I get back the $600+ initial investment I'll have an interesting moral decision to make.

One more point: I haven't recruited anyone because I couldn't promote something which I knew was dodgy out. I've still "managed" my account but it's slow progress.

This eases the embarrassment slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

One more point: I haven't recruited anyone because I couldn't promote something which I knew was dodgy out. I've still "managed" my account but it's slow progress.

This eases the embarrassment slightly.

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, people have done worse things with money and you were not aware of the real way BB works until later. Still its no easy task to admit a mistake and Thanks for sharing the story.

Would it be possible for you to explain these "admin" fees they charge on your account??

lala88 has been very quite for a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

lala88 has been very quite for a bit.

Even shills need their time off. Totally ignored my 3rd request to show us all where exactly are these banners that Banners Broker claims to have, you know those ones that return 100% and out perform Google's profit margins. Totally ignored tons of other requests for him to provide proof of how this scheme works.

Either that or extraordinarily naive, I hope for his sake it is the latter.

I'm going to lay off this thread for a bit because it is like banging your head against a brick wall. I can't do that unless someone is paying me, and paying me very well at that.

RATM wrote: »
    Even shills need their time off. Totally ignored my 3rd request to show us all where exactly are these banners that Banners Broker claims to have, you know those ones that return 100% and out perform Google's profit margins. Totally ignored tons of other requests for him to provide proof of how this scheme works.

Either that or extraordinarily naive, I hope for his sake it is the latter.

I'm going to lay off this thread for a bit because it is like banging your head against a brick wall. I can't do that unless someone is paying me, and paying me very well at that.

Like i siad before i have to be involved with it if i dont agree with the all knowing borads. People have ignored me when i asked to show where people are losing money as there all so sure it happening

I wouldn't be too hard on yourself, people have done worse things with money and you were not aware of the real way BB works until later. Still its no easy task to admit a mistake and Thanks for sharing the story.

Would it be possible for you to explain these "admin" fees they charge on your account??

There is $15 for "Standard Account Subscription" and $50 for "Traffic Pack Subscription". Both are on a monthly basis. You also get charged $7 when you load (liquidate) money to your eWallet and as far as I know there are further charges with physical withdrawals - I have withdrawn $200 but they say it takes 3 weeks for this to process. I'll test it end of Feb.

It's a very clever system. The incentive is to leave your money in and let your account grow, hence these fantasy figures for "My Total Earnings". For example, my potential earnings amount to almost $5,000 yet I can withdraw only $93.

So, to lala88 - of course people are making money and have made money but only those whose got in early and/or are actively recruiting. I can only guess that there are plenty in my position and probably worse.

Like i siad before i have to be involved with it if i dont agree with the all knowing borads. People have ignored me when i asked to show where people are losing money as there all so sure it happening

Up until 2008/9 none lost money managed by Bernie Madoff, that how a Ponzi scheme works. BB can not show an income stream, no one in the business understands the system. No one will lose money until the whole thing crashes and burns. It has been going on for years back to the tulip bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

New to this forum but would like to add my two cents about BB and maybe make things a little clearer to lala88 without being sarcastic etc.

Usual story: Family member(s) gets involved in BB, promotes it, suggests it to me, have my doubts but decide to take a punt knowing full well that there's a fair chance it's too good to be true. Invested E500 because I could afford to lose it. Unfortunately I did my due diligence after the event and now realise that it is in all probability a scam. I have no expertise in online advertising so can only go on reason and common sense. A few points to note that should set alarm bells ringing:

- BB members tend to act in cultish way; become defensive/aggressive with any hint of negativity
    - Founders (Dixit) have history of scams
    - Company accounts based offshore (Belize/Isle of Man)
    - Have puppets to promote BB (Paul McCarthy speaks as if he's only just discovered the Internet)
    - Fill hotel conference rooms often attracting vulnerable old people
    - Encourage affiliates to recruit
    - Poor standard of website
    - Adpub combo only option actually taken up (advertiser/publisher options do not work)
    - Websites on BB site are clearly fakes thrown together very quickly
    - General lack of education/poor spelling and grammar on part of BB defenders (may sound snobby but it's true)

Any questions on how my account is "progressing" are welcome.

Thank god someone that is in Banner Broker has come on and laid down actually how it is.

When I seen your username starting with Banner I was expecting an essay about how you turned your 500 into 5000 :P How wrong I was.

Interesting point you made about the promoter of BB in Ireland acting like he's only found the internet, anyone I know who try recruit me for the scheme act like the internet only started yesterday, but BB is better and more powerful then Google.

On another note, you being only able to withdraw $39 is as you said you "have not recruited people"
    Banners Broker is built on recruiting people- multi level marketing. Every person affiliated to the scheme is how you make your money.

There are going to be a lot of sore pockets when this goes belly up, and it will as Ireland is a small country- only so many vulnerable people left to come in at the lower tiers.

Got to give it to BB, they are masters of brainwashing! :mad:

At the moment I have $93 to take out. I have recently loaded $200 to my BB card and will test this at the end of Feb.

There is still some chance that I'll get most if not all of my money back - it just depends on when BB collapses. If it keeps going for another year I'd be fairly confident of recouping my initial $600+. However, I think it is impossible to predict if it'll last another two weeks or another two years. My guess would be closer to the latter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Nobby Noblet

Has anyone heard anything from Niall M. He posted that his investment would mature on the 17th Dec 2012, as said in the first three pages of this thread. If he could reply truthfully on his adventure and let us know his outcome, this could certainly put this to bed and give everyone a little peace on the subject. Well be waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

Has anyone heard anything from Niall M. He posted that his investment would mature on the 17th Dec 2012, as said in the first three pages of this thread. If he could reply truthfully on his adventure and let us know his outcome, this could certainly put this to bed and give everyone a little peace on the subject. Well be waiting

Great first post! :rolleyes:

Hunter21 wrote: »
    Great first post! :rolleyes:

He has be involved based on his post count.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nobby Noblet

Sorry love but all my investments offshore. Just like to read about certain things that raise their ugly heads from time to time and suck in the know it alls that know as much knowledge that fits on to a postage stamp. But after reading yr comments u defo invested but somewhat take others off track from asking u. Well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

Hey all, I handed over money on the 7th of June 2012. I invested 1500 dollars at the time. Since then, reading boards has scared the ****e outta me.
    I have drawn out my 3rd 250 dollar sum last week, after getting the same amount in December and January (i'm using dollars coz its what the BB site operates in). I should be able to continue to do this until march 2014 if my calculations are correct (and BB continues to operate)
    Needless to say, it could still be a ponzi type scheme and I am just lucky. And I took the risk myself, while never selling to anyone else. I couldn't face a person if I asked them to invest and they lost money

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Just came across this thread today. Can't believe people are still falling for these after all that's gone on in Ireland! I wonder are the people who do these seminars aware that it's a scam or have they convinced themselves too? Otherwise they're just plain scumbags.

I don't need to provide proof to give my opinion. I've worked in investments for years and I know a scam when I see it. If only there were a way to bet on this falling apart, now that would be a real way of getting excellent returns!

Just came across this thread today. Can't believe people are still falling for these after all that's gone on in Ireland! I wonder are the people who do these seminars aware that it's a scam or have they convinced themselves too? Otherwise they're just plain scumbags.

I'd say you have a mixture of both ignorance and lying. It's in BB's interest to have puppets (McCarthy, e.g.) who aren't exactly IT-savvy. As I said earlier, he talks as if "de Inturnet" was invented yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

I'd say you have a mixture of both ignorance and lying. It's in BB's interest to have puppets (McCarthy, e.g.) who aren't exactly IT-savvy. As I said earlier, he talks as if "de Inturnet" was invented yesterday.

Come on you can't be serious here. You think McCarthy is a victim of his own ignorance? What makes a scam work is having the people behind it that are "believable" to the scamee. This guy tells people they can "quadruple their money" at seminars and then rebuffs this when cornered by the media. He targets the elderly and knows how to coerce them into joining. The "de Inturnet" comment is a perfect example of his act. The last person the elderly will do business with is some IT-savvy hotshot and he knows this. He is the lowest of the low in my book. Absolute scum.

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Come on you can't be serious here. You think McCarthy is a victim of his own ignorance?

I can only guess. The impression I get is that he may well have believed it was genuine to begin with. His radio interviews were cringe-worthy and his lack of ability to talk about anything other than abpub combos, traffic, packs etc. was an embarrassment.

What his thoughts are now - who knows? This seems like a Cork phenomena. I wonder has Prendeville (who's also involved) mentioned it on his show recently?

• Advertisement

zpehtsfd wrote: »
    Come on you can't be serious here. You think McCarthy is a victim of his own ignorance? What makes a scam work is having the people behind it that are "believable" to the scamee. This guy tells people they can "quadruple their money" at seminars and then rebuffs this when cornered by the media. He targets the elderly and knows how to coerce them into joining. The "de Inturnet" comment is a perfect example of his act. The last person the elderly will do business with is some IT-savvy hotshot and he knows this. He is the lowest of the low in my book. Absolute scum.

Strange if a person with only 16 posts came on here saying something good everyone would be accused of having something do with it yet when they agree theres not a word, how odd...

Advertisement