Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banners Broker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Niall_M wrote: »
    Thank you!

Have you managed to find any of their ads yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Hi guys,

This is unrelated to Banner Brokers. One of my friends has this great business idea and he's looking for investors.

There are fantastic returns to be made, better than any stock or share, and he's generously allowing thousands of ordinary investors get involved rather than going to a bank or venture capitalist and maximising his own return.

I know there will be some sceptical people out there who will try to rip this apart, particularly because my friend has a history of starting ponzi schemes, but this is a legitimate business. If a business is registered then it MUST be wholly legitimate.

You DON'T need to sign up other investors to make money, your investment will rise anyway. I'm not here to recruit people, just to promote the business. Of course, the more people who invest the more money that can be made by the company and the investors.

I'm doing my best to promote the business and think online advertising is the way to go. I've approached Banner Brokers but they haven't handled my request. Maybe you can help me Niall?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭nige

I was told about banners broker in Feb 2012 joined March 2012 and have got more than I put in back, this money was put onto my banners broker master card but I could also have got a bank transfer or used solid trust pay for this, my friend who told me about it has gotten a good few money withdrawls from them ,

That guy Rajiv Dixit(who is mentioned in above) is no longer involved in banners broker Chris smith will be in Ireland in City west at the start of December

Also Banners broker are looking after my account they charge a fee for this which is taken from the amount you cash out

I am managing 2 other accounts myself also there are no sign ups and the accounts are going good,

I have just requested putting ads on my website and they gave me html code to put on it for them to put ads up , you need 6000 hits a month before they will consider your website

If anyone wants to find out more or talk to me or even see my account I have no problem with this just contact me

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

If anyone wants to find out more or talk to me or even see my account I have no problem with this just contact me

Hi nige,

Can you show me a website where a Banner Brokers ad is running please? Just one website.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭liamjames1

flash1080 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

This is unrelated to Banner Brokers. One of my friends has this great business idea and he's looking for investors.

There are fantastic returns to be made, better than any stock or share, and he's generously allowing thousands of ordinary investors get involved rather than going to a bank or venture capitalist and maximising his own return.

I know there will be some sceptical people out there who will try to rip this apart, particularly because my friend has a history of starting ponzi schemes, but this is a legitimate business. If a business is registered then it MUST be wholly legitimate.

You DON'T need to sign up other investors to make money, your investment will rise anyway. I'm not here to recruit people, just to promote the business. Of course, the more people who invest the more money that can be made by the company and the investors.

I'm doing my best to promote the business and think online advertising is the way to go. I've approached Banner Brokers but they haven't handled my request. Maybe you can help me Niall?

Can you give us any info about the investment?

• Advertisement

Can you give us any info about the investment?

Please tell me you are joking.

my website will have once i get someone to put in the html code because I don't know how to do it

Nige

my website will have once i get someone to put in the html code because I don't know how to do it

You are supposedly making money by placing banner ads onto websites. You said you have been with Banner Brokers for about ten months.

Can you please show me just one website with a Banner Brokers ad on it?

the accounts i am managing are my sisters and my wifes i am only doing theirs about 2 months, you buy traffic from the money earned at applie them to your ad panels which qualify your ad space,

Basically your ad panel is a piece of space on a wedsite which banners broker sell to companies to advertise on,

Banners broker use everyones money to buy ad space and then sell it off for a profit - thats the way i was told it

If you want there is a guy who will be in Dublin/Wicklow on Wdnesday night who can answer your questions properly , let me know if you would like to meet him

Nige

Banners broker use everyones money to buy ad space and then sell it off for a profit - thats the way i was told it

No, what Banners Broker does is uses new money to pay out old money and once that new money .ie new referrals stops coming in the system collapses and from what I have been reading that is going to happen sooner rather that later.

I would suggest that you have a read over the blog post tricky D linked to yesterday.

Link

• Advertisement

nige wrote: »

Nige

Can you post the code here?

It's bad enough that you will lose your own money, but that you are gonna lose all your sisters and wife's money too is much sadder.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

martyoo wrote: »
    No, what Banners Broker does is uses new money to pay out old money and once that new money .ie new referrals stops coming in the system collapses and from what I have been reading that is going to happen sooner rather that later.

I would suggest that you have a read over the blog post tricky D linked to yesterday.

Link

Any investor who reads that post with an open mind has no option but to try and get some money back before it is too late and it is all lost.
    Best of Luck, hope you are one of the lucky few.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Another bad sign for anyone invested is that blog posts like that can persist without the company taking any legal action or even asking for right of reply, because a legitimate company definitely wouldn't.

By the way a better idea for the Google crawlers rather than repeating stuff like this:

Banner brokers, scam, pyramid scheme, mlm scam, dodgy, ponzi scheme

Is for everyone who mentions Banners Brokers to link to the article in their post:

http://finchsells.com/2012/10/21/banners-broker-scam-dont-let-it-affect-you/

Google values links from other sites like that way more than repeated text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

This has all the hallmarks of a ponzi scheme, the main one being is that you can't see the end product- you're always just forced to accept the companies word that 'it is there and working'.

But we seem to have no evidence of Banners Broker banners anywhere. If I was invested here I'd be scrambling, especially with Xmas coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Niall_M

Hi

Hmm. I'm now nervous myself. Iv read some of the articles and links from this thread and have to admit, its all a bit compelling. Ill be taking my original investment out ( Im 5 weeks now). I invested in on the advice of a trusted friend. Iv also asked my referrer to show me some of the ads and i will gladly share the information with this thread

Niall_M

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Well done Niall M, hope you get your original investment back anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Niall_M wrote: »
    Hi

Hmm. I'm now nervous myself. Iv read some of the articles and links from this thread and have to admit, its all a bit compelling. Ill be taking my original investment out ( Im 5 weeks now). I invested in on the advice of a trusted friend. Iv also asked my referrer to show me some of the ads and i will gladly share the information with this thread

Niall_M

Niall I don't mean to rain on your parade but that is another feature of ponzi schemes- if you ask all the investors how they got invested the answer will be 'family or friend' 99% of the time. Never a broker or a financial adviser putting them onto it but always family or friend. Ponzi schemes rely on this type of network marketing for one simple reason- humans put more faith in recommendations by family and friends than they do by any other form of advertising. But the thing is because they trust the person they also by extension *trust* that they have done the research into the company and that it all stacks up. Add into the mix the family or friend telling how they got a 100% return in 6 months and you have a pretty compelling argument to invest while not noticing you've been completely blindsided.

I'd advise people invested in Banners Broker to look at the recent ponzi scheme in Donegal where a con-man made off with €20m from the locals. He gained the confidence of a few church goers and suddenly it spread like wild fire through family and friends as the initial investors got decent returns. There are entire families in Donegal who have been wiped out by the property boom and now by this most recent ponzi scheme. I'd bet my last quid that most of the advice acted upon in both crashes was from family and friends.

Niall I'll say one final thing- through my work I encounter people in the online marketing and advertising industry a lot, I interview and recruit them and therefore have a pretty sound knowledge of their work and performances. In the time I've been doing this I have never heard of a sustainable business model that can produce returns of 100% in online advertising and feel that if there was once who could consistently deliver that kind of ROI then the likes of Google or Yahoo would have been in for a take over bid a long time ago.

That hasn't happened which makes me smell a rat. To Niall & the OP and others invested here my advice would be to get out and tell all the family and friends you know to get out asap. If you don't warn them you'll regret it later, if you do warn them then at least your conscience is clear whatever they themselves decide to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Niall_M

Good Adcice RATH. There is a world conference planned in Nov/Dec to which I will be going to. In the meantime Iv asked my referer to contact HQ and answer some of the questions that have been put to me on this Forum. Ill keep you posted..

http://thebbtour.com/

Ill be taking my original investment out

Were you able to take it out?

$45 to go out to Citiwest and listen to these crooks!

I just feel really sorry for all the people that are going to lose these money here. Its sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

nige wrote: »

Nige

What's your website address?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Jimar

I'm 100% convinced this is a pyramid scheme.
    The sad part is I have relatives who have invested and now can't get their money back. They are saying its a technical bug. Something to do with issuing a card.

It has all the hallmarks of a pyramid scheme. Read the following info from the national consumer agency: The scare piece at the end is the fines for involvement.
    http://www.nca.ie/index.jsp?a=587&n=367&p=121

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Jerrygo

I have just discoverd that my uncle has been cojolled into putting 1000euro in this "investment scheme". (That is how it was sold to him). He is a naive man in his late 60's. Only a state pension to live on. He came to me with his driving licence, for advice on how to upload this. I was immediately suspicious as to a possible identity theft scam.
    Anyway I have just spent the last 3 hours trawling the net for info on bannersbrokers. I have never come accross such an obvious ponzi scheme! Buying and selling non existent banner ads. The only revenue to pay older members is that obtained from new members! My god is there nothing that can be done about these people? Has anyone complained to the consumer society? Or to the financial sevices authority? or the garda?
    Have we learned nothing from the light touch regulators of our banks?
    Please tell me someone, that you have reported these low life scammers, and that there is an ongoing investigation of them.

The only revenue to pay older members is that obtained from new members!

That says it all.

All that will happen to them is that the scheme will collapse and they will move on.

Link below has a lot of info on them.

That says it all.

All that will happen to them is that the scheme will collapse and they will move on.

Link below has a lot of info on them.

Has anybody talked to the NCA about this? The longer it goes on the more money people will lose.

Has anybody talked to the NCA about this? The longer it goes on the more money people will lose.

I rang them about it. They have had a few calls in about them already.

Not sure they can do too much about it apart from putting an notice up on their website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Be interesting to know if the Garda Bureau of Fraud Investigation has an open investigation. If this really is a ponzi, them's the guys that'll prosecute.

If this really is a ponzi, them's the guys that'll prosecute.

Even if it is based out of Canada? Not sure if they can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

They can, in several ways. I was more talking about people over here promoting it though. The con men, rather than the thicks. There's always a few mixed in.

Don't they have an office in Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭areyawell

I know its a ponzi scheme but how do you actually sign up on there website? I mean I only see options if you want to advertise your own product or if you want advertisements to appear on your own site?

Advertisement