Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easons.com 100-Word Story Competition

Options
  • 23-10-2012 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

From Easons.com:

http://blog.easons.com/tiny-tall-tales/

Submit your Tiny Tall Tale for a chance to see your story on 10,000 bookmarks and win a brand new eReader! ‘One hundred words? Can’t be done,’ you say? Legend has it that Hemmingway only needed six words:
    For sale: baby shoes, never worn.
    We’re looking for a very short story to appear on the next Easons.com bookmark, which is packed for free with every book order we deliver. We’re printing 10,000 bookmarks for the run up to the festive season – your Tiny Tall Tale could be enjoyed by readers all over Ireland, the UK and beyond! The winner will also receive a brand new eReader!
    Entries will be judged by our team of in-house experts – the people who decide what books appear on the shelves every year. They’re looking for an original, concise and instantly engaging story with a beginning, middle and end, no longer than 100 words.
    To be in with a chance to have your Tiny Tall Tale immortalised on the festive Easons.com bookmark, and win an eReader, complete the below entry form by midnight, October 31st, 2012. (Only one entry per person. Entries must not exceed 100 words.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Sounds like a pretty tall order . . . here's the link to the contest. Ironically, it was tough to find it.

Edit: oops.I missed the link above. Silly me!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I've written something for this, but it might be a bit sad seeing as it's for Christmas.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I've written something for this, but it might be a bit sad seeing as it's for Christmas.

I think it would be perfect given the usual sayings on the subject at christmas...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

bluewolf wrote: »
    I think it would be perfect given the usual sayings on the subject at christmas...

Didn't even think of that! Thanks bluewolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

Very interesting. I'll give this a go over the weekend.

• Advertisement

I entered it.. i'll post afterwards due to the competition rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭FudgeBrace

Does anyone know if I, a fifteen year old, can enter?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Terms and Conditions

The competition is open to all residents of the Island of Ireland aged 18 or over (proof of age may be required) except employees of the Promoter, their families and/or anyone professionally involved or associated with this Competition.

Aww damn!! Oh well, thanks for replying :) You wouldn't happen to know of any other contests open?

Just bumped the contests thread

• Advertisement

I don't suppose I could enter in my older sister's or parents name.? As they are over 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

If you have an entry send it in in your own name. If you don't win there is no harm done and if you do just come clean then. What is the worst that can happen? They won't give you the prize (there may be a problem if there is a contract or copywrite involved when you are a minor) but you still have the satisfaction of winning.

echo beach wrote: »
    If you have an entry send it in in your own name. If you don't win there is no harm done and if you do just come clean then. What is the worst that can happen? They won't give you the prize (there may be a problem if there is a contract or copywrite involved when you are a minor) but you still have the satisfaction of winning.
    Good point, I'll give it a go.!!

You can do a scary story can't you? Or does it have to be Christmas themed?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Awww, I wanted to try but I'm not 18 til February. :(

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Awww, I wanted to try but I'm not 18 til February. :(
    Enter anyway and if u don't win, fine, and if u do...well, I haven't figured that part out yet haha

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Hahah well I'd rather not try at all than win and not get to have a prize for it :P

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Hahah well I'd rather not try at all than win and not get to have a prize for it :P
    Ah well :)

So what did everyone write about?

• Advertisement

FudgeBrace wrote: »
    So what did everyone write about?

I just wrote about a girl waking up at Christmas and finding presents under the tree then joining her family by the fire.

Nothing special at all.

[Quote=[-0-];81513936]

I just wrote about a girl waking up at Christmas and finding presents under the tree then joining her family by the fire.

Nothing special at all.[/Quote]
    Aw sounds lovely, I love Christmas stories :D I wrote about a toaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

I just entered this on a whim...is it suppose to be xmas themed? I kinda went dark with mine? Ah well...think its probably a crud ending too and really dont know why i bothered....havent entered anything like this ever! I hold a BA in English and History, but am really more into English...but sure why not :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

He just sat there, feeling the three lengths of timber that formed the bench. He could visualise the last morning, that morning, which he had spent with his wife of just two years; sending a chill down his spine, but still instilling warmth in his heart. Moments earlier, his belongings were taken but he had managed to conceal the print from the ultrasound on his person. The moments of joy raced through his mind. If only he… “Number 251212, your cell is ready”.

here rip it to shreds...wanna know if I have any sort of a knack for this :P

El Spearo wrote: »
    I just entered this on a whim...is it suppose to be xmas themed? I kinda went dark with mine? Ah well...think its probably a crud ending too and really dont know why i bothered....havent entered anything like this ever! I hold a BA in English and History, but am really more into English...but sure why not :D
    That's the spirit.!! Mine wasn't Xmas themed either. Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

...I wrote about a toaster!

You win. I like your style :D

gufnork wrote: »

You win. I like your style :D
    Haha god no it was so random! Thanks anyhoo haha did u enter?

Haha god no it was so random! Thanks anyhoo haha did u enter?

Yep... and that's all I'm saying :p

gufnork wrote: »

Yep... and that's all I'm saying :p
    Haha ah I'm sure your just being modest.!

• Advertisement

Haha ah I'm sure your just being modest.!

I couldn't sleep one night so I came down, wrote it and entered so I'll not hold out too much hope. :) I had to read it back the following day just to make sure it wasn't nonesense.

Advertisement