Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Famicom Questions/Answers & Recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    Howdy Steve, did you get a chance to sift through the carts, any Rockman ones? :)

Hey,
    To be honest I only made it down to the storage place this morning and got through about 400 carts.
    So far none that you or Ciderman were looking for.
    I'll be back down tonight or in the morning again and will check the rest of them. I thought I'd about 700 or so carts but it looks like I've a hell of a lot more than that(forgot about 1 or 2 job lots).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    Hey,
    To be honest I only made it down to the storage place this morning and got through about 400 carts.
    So far none that you or Ciderman were looking for.
    I'll be back down tonight or in the morning again and will check the rest of them. I thought I'd about 700 or so carts but it looks like I've a hell of a lot more than that(forgot about 1 or 2 job lots).

Ah grand no bother, sure let me know anyway if you come across them :)

Why is there a difference in cover art between these two? Should I be wary of buying fakes/repro's when it comes to Famicom?

2irxjk4.jpg

11j2m4y.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bottom one is clearly a fake. The label isn't sitting right and it's cut off in a shoddy manner.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bottom one is clearly a fake. The label isn't sitting right and it's cut off in a shoddy manner.

Yeah the stickering is woeful, so how does one tend to steer clear of Famicom repros...is there anything specific to look out for to avoid?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh yeah, I have a Famicom! Totally forgot!

Steve_SI, when are you selling those games?? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,943 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah the stickering is woeful, so how does one tend to steer clear of Famicom repros...is there anything specific to look out for to avoid?

Watch for bad stickers like that and look up the original carts online really.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I have a Famicom! Totally forgot!

Steve_SI, when are you selling those games?? :)

Not for a long time I'd say. But if the storage lockers I have start to fill up too much I might sell/trade a few hundred of them to make room.
    We're talking months though :o

Advertisement