Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midnight encounter

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Flaker

If she was expecting the jump, then she could have made the move herself. I've done it myself. So the fact that she didn't probably means she was just smashed and wanted to hang out for a bit and you did right not to launch yourself at her.

Still I don't think I would ever have gone to some random guy's house on my own, no matter how drunk I was. So it is all a bit strange to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You liked her so much that you didn't try and kiss her, or ask for her phone number.

You sir, are an idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Why are people suggesting the story is a lie based on the fact that he didn't take her number?

OP could be low in confidence, or simply have been just too pissed or stoned or tired (it was late) to get his act together mentally to get her number.

It's not that inconceivable. Happens everyone at some stage or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

It was salvageable until you said you didn't get her number... you just cock-blocked yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Sounds like a honeytrap that didn't follow through for some reason. Other "friend" keeps a look out for which building ye go into then big 6ft boyfriend kicks down door, asks what the fúck you doing with my girlfriend and then demands money or he'll kick 20 colours of shít out of you.

Either that or she was part of a CIA sleeper cell who has bugged your apartment and if any assassins come their way, they're sent to your house and they don't play FIFA my good man.

Either that or just a drunk girl looking for fun which you failed to provide.

Not getting her number? Don't be annoyed, just paranoid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Somewhere in Dublin today a girl is telling her friends the story about the fish that got away.

Elsewhere in Dublin a girl is telling her friends about a "a mad night she got locked and played FIFA with some randomer" No one believes her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭splendid101

kraggy wrote: »
    Why are people suggesting the story is a lie based on the fact that he didn't take her number?

OP could be low in confidence, or simply have been just too pissed or stoned or tired (it was late) to get his act together mentally to get her number.

It's not that inconceivable. Happens everyone at some stage or another.

I suggested the story may be untrue because I find it difficult to believe that a girl would go into some guy's apartment at 4 in the morning after chatting for five minutes. The way the story was told was not believable at all.

It makes no sense whatsoever to think the story isn't true because he didn't get her number. Where was that suggested?

Of course it is conceivable that he might not have gotten her number if the rest of it is true.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

curlzy wrote: »
    Hey OP,

I think you were smart. As a woman, I can cathegorically state, as a fact, that just because someone has a penis and we (i.e. women) go to their nearby home, it does NOT mean that we want to have sex with them. Personally, I would have to be stupidly outragously drunk to trust a stranger enough to go play video games with him in his house. I'd also imagine that if I was drunk enough to trust him, I'd be drunk enough to believe that he just wanted to play video games.

TBH OP, you played a risky game, it's not only men who are at risk in a situation like this, she could have claimed rape, assault, anything really. Men need to cop on that they need to protect themselves too, one rape accusation and you have to live with that forever. There have been cases were women FALSELY accuse men of rape/sexual assault.

So I think respecting the fact that she accepted the invitation to play games with you, rather than deciding that play games = having the ride, probably protected you in this case.

So I think it ended well for you.

However, I think should have asked for her phone number, at the very least she could have been a new FIFA buddy, maybe more over time.

That's great and all but she still wanted him inside her.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I suggested the story may be untrue because I find it difficult to believe that a girl would go into some guy's apartment at 4 in the morning after chatting for five minutes. The way the story was told was not believable at all.

It makes no sense whatsoever to think the story isn't true because he didn't get her number. Where was that suggested?

Of course it is conceivable that he might not have gotten her number if the rest of it is true.

It happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

When he asked her inside for a bit of a play, she wasn't expecting that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

mattjack wrote: »
    Who ? me or Ted ?

Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

I've done stuff like this - love random meetings and ending up God knows where. I think I've a good instinct with guys cos it's always worked out perfectly. One night/early morning I ended up pucking mandarins over the house to a guy who was pucking them back. I love that kind of fun. But, I would never go anywhere unless I wanted to score. So, OP, you should have made a move.... I'd say send her a message on facebook demanding a Fifa replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

The OP (Rome) still only has 1 post.

Was Rome sacked in 1 day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

Red Pepper wrote: »
    The OP (Rome) still only has 1 post.

Was Rome sacked in 1 day?

No he's a One Post Wonder

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

There's no way she'd have put herself in that sort of situation if she wasn't interested in you. If she thought you were ugly/weird she wouldn't have went back to your house..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

No he's a One Post Wonder

:cool:

And he works for the OPW.

Advertisement