Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent help needed

Options
  • 21-10-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

So been back on the fags for nearly a year now and need to give up again. Had an Arry Tank but lost it and nothing else does the job

Tried to go back to vaping but hate DCC's (hate filler) and have no idea whats around anymore.

I loved clearomisers but don't want the leakage problems.

Any advice would be great, so sick of smoking and my cough is getting really bad :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the kangers are the device of the moment

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangt2.htm

seems everyone is using them and raving about them, dont leak apparently

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/t2coils.htm

replacement atomiser heads for the tank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

I got Kanger T2's with kits for two friends and have had no complaints as yet.

From experience though, I've found the Vivi Nova to be very reliable. I also got two of the Mini Vivi Nova, one of which is okay, the other is leak central.

Might get a couple of Kanger T2's for myself just to try out and see how they compare in everyday use.

luck of the draw, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Hi OP.

I was in the same boat as yourself till a few weeks ago.

Tried Vaping,but experianced problems with leakage, kit breaking down, etc.

Took the plunge again, buying an eGo starter kit with V2 clearomiser for 50 notes.

No probs with it in the last 3 weeks. Money well spent.

The kit seems to be getting better in recent times, IMO.

I think realistically though, one should be prepared to spend at least 150 to get properly set up.

Have kit, juice & chargers at home, at work, in your car, etc.

It's easy to forget stuff & get caught stranded.

I'm spending about 20-30 euros a week, building up a collection of kit & keeping myself in juice.

Not a lot, considering I was spending an easy 50 p/w on the Smokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

I started a year ago and I'm still at it and it's true that things have improved. The cartos were the best thing on the go back then but all I could taste was the filler.......no matter what flabour I tried. Clearo's were junk back then but the clearo's have really improved over the course of a year and I'd say they have taken over from carto's. I nearly gave up a good few times as well due to frustration.

Kangers and Vivi Nova's are decent starter kits now while 510's were the main starter then. If you're going to start again, it should be much easier to stay at it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Elevelyn

thanks guys,

The kangers look like the job, no filler hurrah

When i first started vaping egos were the new thing, was off them for months but started a new job that i couldnt vape much in so ended up back on the dreaded weed!! fingers crossed that these work out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭RossFixxxed

It has become increasingly newbie unfriendly. I bought an E Cig years ago, and it was absolutely dreadful. However, it was a bad model and I shouldn't have picked it for my needs. There was a clear distinction in the types and kits at the time, that is now sorely lacking. At least then you bought clear starter kits that described what you got, what you might need down the line etc.

Don't get me wrong I've looked it all up but it is annoying to be thrown by 220 mah 650 mah 900 blah blah clearomisers/atomisers/cartomisers/kangers/wicks/ohms/resistance/twist/viva/minis, different heads, threads, fakes, knock offs and it goes on like this. I just wanted to buy a good ecig that I can use for a few weeks, that can be filled easily. I feel like there's a club that has information I don't when it comes to this sort of thing.

I had an order 99% put together and only then twigged it was 'type A' rather than 'type b' and that couldn't be changed. Cue more research on types. I gave up tbh. That site lost a 120 euro order from me for a lack of clear information on their site.

I was going to pop into Ovale shop but 99 euro for an EGO C with a 220 mah battery? That seems like daylight robbery to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

It's really been trial and error for all of us. The little club are just the ones that have been through all the things you listed to find what worked for them. I'm only vaping 6 months and the amount of new stuff that has come on the market is amazing. I think it's great because there's so many things to choose from.

In my opinion this is the best starter kit on the market - http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

Everything you need in the one place and it's decent stuff too so will last

Thanks a million for that, it actually seems to be pretty much what I was looking for.

Must take the plunge soon, have the usual concerns about smoking still whilst vaping, which is my own issue (and very stupid). I really appreciate the help and I'll let you guys know once I'm vaping away!

Took advice, bought it now. Wish me luck :-)

Edit: worth adding I made a mess of paypal etc on the order. Sent a couple of emails, got a reply from Paul before I even made a cup of coffee. That was incredibly fast. Now I'm very hyped about getting my iFag, sorry ECig! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Must take the plunge soon, have the usual concerns about smoking still whilst vaping, which is my own issue (and very stupid).
    Don't worry too much about it. The only real difficult thing is remembering to reach for the ecig instead of a real one. Once you get a bit of confidence in how well they work, it's easy then to just stop buying the real ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

I had a crossover of about a week. Made sure the cigs weren't to hand - left them upstairs or in the car etc and it soon became second nature to reach for the ecig until I eventually didn't want a cigarette

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

Took advice, bought it now. Wish me luck :-)

Edit: worth adding I made a mess of paypal etc on the order. Sent a couple of emails, got a reply from Paul before I even made a cup of coffee. That was incredibly fast. Now I'm very hyped about getting my iFag, sorry ECig! :)

Best of luck to you, I'm sure you will take to it and that is a good setup you have ordered. ;)

I said I'd give feedback on my purchase. I went with the Kanger starter kit from e-smokeireland. It shipped yesterday and arrived today. Exceptionally fast.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

The full kit DID arrive. I spoke to the lady in esmokeireland, and she had packed it. My girlfriend had opened it for me at home and popped the case in her pocket, and replaced it on the table with her glasses case. I have to apologise for a total cock up on my part there.

I really appreciate how fast the called me back, and were very, very nice in the face of my complete cockup there. Sorry again guys, and I appreciate the excellent service.

This is why the Internet should never deliver to me. I'm a dope.

I said I'd give feedback on my purchase. I went with the Kanger starter kit from e-smokeireland. It shipped yesterday and arrived today. Exceptionally fast.

HOWEVER, there is no batteries, no clearomisers. All I got was the fluid I ordered and HALF a charger... and NOTHING else. Absolutely dreadful, this is the very reason I don't normally order online, and prefer to meet people.

Now I have to contact the vendor, get my money back, send the stuff in the post by registered post and so on and so on. I haven't got the time for this messing. Truely woeful.

I'm sure this is a very unusual mishap. I've dealt with e-smokeireland on many occasions and they are one of the best, if not the best vendor in the vaping world.

Easy there now!

If you email or call them, I'm sure they will put it right quickly.

Over the past three weeks, I've ordered hundreds of euro worth of stuff from ESI and refered hundreds more. I have found them to be very helpful once you let them know there's been a mix up.

Mistakes can happen, sounds to me someone picked up a starter kit case that wasn't fully loaded yet and shipped it. Make the call and give them a chance to make it right for you?

EDIT: I've emailed the company asking them to call me. And I want to thank you guys for your help, it cleared up a lot. Can you recommend a vendor to me that I can use that will actually deliver what I have ordered, and the same kind of kit? I'm incredibly busy lately and I do want to get this going, but I don't want to spend days wasting my time.

I will update again once they contact me.

pick up the phone m8, it will be quicker and easier.

Nope, I edited my post. Sorry everyone I'm a total moron. All delivered correctly and promptly.

That was a complete mess on my part. Hopefully things move smoothly from here.

It's worth mentioning agin the lady in esmokeireland was VERY VERY helpful and good natured in the face of me being a dope. I wasn't rude or aggressive by the way on the phone, but I was totally wrong.

:(

Sounded like you were already off the smokes and seriously stressed out there!

It can happen to anyone, I can't count the amount of times I have opened a package and missed one or two bits. I've had to dig envelopes/boxes out of the bin more than once.

Lucutus wrote: »
    Sounded like you were already off the smokes and seriously stressed out there!

I AM seriously stressed at the minute, but it doesn't really excuse me being a bit of a ... well you know what. Apologies all round. :)

It's worse as they have been incredibly fast and professional. And they have been really cool and friendly too. Brilliant service, worth repeating yet again.
    Lesson learned, I'll get vaping and then WAIT to review it until I know what I'm doing and don't have a big spaz out for no reason!

Thanks again everyone!

• Advertisement

Nope, I edited my post. Sorry everyone I'm a total moron. All delivered correctly and promptly.

That was a complete mess on my part. Hopefully things move smoothly from here.

It's worth mentioning agin the lady in esmokeireland was VERY VERY helpful and good natured in the face of me being a dope. I wasn't rude or aggressive by the way on the phone, but I was totally wrong.

:(

That's so funny that your GF took your kit instead of her glasses case, I can see where you got mixed up... LMAO

Glad you got it sorted anyway, happy vaping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I did the same with my glasses case and my ego case, once discovered at work I dreaded my battery failing or my juice running out before I got home to my gear.

So I got home and my girlfriend had the batteries charged.

1) One of the kangers is broken. It simply doesn't work. I tried to take off the black mouthpiece and the whole insides of it fell out, wicks and fluid. My cat nearly got at it and that scared me.

2) The second kanger has started seeping fluid out slowly which keeps getting my hands and really stings a small cut I have. Again I'm worried about the cat.

So without raging this seems to be where vaping was for me years ago, liquid everywhere and terror my cat will get sick. I've cleaned it all up and am posting it back.

Thanks again folks it simply is not for me. I know it may seem knee jerk but this is everything I feared in vaping again. I'm not knocking it at all, but it doesn't work and it doesn't work for me so I'm going to ask for my money back and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

And the Kanger heads were screwed in fully/properly?

Very, very strange.

grindle wrote: »
    And the Kanger heads were screwed in fully/properly?

Very, very strange.

I was very careful and gentle, one keeps seeping, the other is outright broken, never worked then the insides fell out. I'm really bothered as money is too tight right now for this.

I hate it, and the fact it nearly got near the cat is unacceptable to me. Basically I can't vape so I want money back and I'll move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Oh well, sorry to hear of your problems, I hope it all advances to a stage that works for you someday.

Sounds like the bottoms may have screwed loose as you were screwing the tops back on? Sorry to hear it didn't work out.

I think you have to be in a certain frame of mind to make it work for yourself, so maybe you're right, it's not for you. At least not for you at the moment.

If you want to sell on the kit, there's a ' For Sale/Swap/Bargain Alert' thread stickied at the top of the forum, someone else can take it and give it a try / gift it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

it's a bit strange that the insides fell out when you took the mouthpiece off, as you unscrew the head from inside the tank. maybe the bottom was overtightened when you were putting it on the battery and came unstuck or something? still strange though. mine's dropped off the arm of the sofa onto a tiled floor a few times and still hasn't leaked so much as a drop.

sorry to hear you're giving up on the whole idea of vaping just cause you got one bad bit of kit though, but if you're sure it's not for you then it's not for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

Please don't take this the wrong way, but could this be user error. I use a Mini Vivi nova
    myself which a lot of people complain about leaking too. The only time its leaked is the 3 times I have dropped it on a hard surface when the tip/tank/bottom flange came off the battery connection baseplate. Pushed everything back together and it doesn't leak until the next time I drop it on the tiled floor :D The simple fact is none of these things are really trouser pocketable no matter how short the battery. Thats why the Eye Glass cases are so popular.

Advertisement