Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Rich actors working harder. Tough times ahead?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

ArtSmart wrote: »
    Kate Winslet for Sky, Brad Pitt for Chanel no 5 and Dustin Hoffman for Sky Atlantic

We're not just talking the usual one liner. This is full intense 20-25 line statements.

Not Angelina smiling at a Galaxy bar, or Brad / subtly quaffing a few Heineken , or Daniel Craig at the bar, but real full direct-to-camera sales pitch.

So, if the super rich now have to work harder, what does this mean for the rest of us?

Ah yes, I forgot that the amount of advertising work that big celebrities do is a true bellwether for the world economy....:rolleyes:

Most celebrities do ads in foreign countries, particularly asian ones on the condition that they are not shown in their own or english speaking nations. Perhaps they have now discovered that doing this advertising work isn't affecting their celebrity and are simply cashing in on an untapped market?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,187 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The thread reminds of me of so many american celebrities appearing in Japanese adverts over the years. Its so .. well ... weird :P here is a few:

... and thats them back in the day. Can you imagine how much money was paid? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

It means Sky put up their price and people then pay them more to watch these ads on Sky!! If people stopped paying for Sky these ads would soon stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

Ah yes, I forgot that the amount of advertising work that big celebrities do is a true bellwether for the world economy...
    Thank you. Finally someone gets what I'm saying.

(:rolleyes:)

Advertisement