Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomas gear jewellers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Millem wrote: »
    Yellow gold is fab. It took me 6 months to decide on a ring Lol orginally I wanted a pear or marquise diamond. Decided against it as can chip easily, catch in things and a nightmare to fit a wedding ring with!

If you get a ring set high enough you will for ordinary ring underneath. Also if you want diamond wedding band make sure claws from e ring won't rub off as it will damage both rings!

1.6ct is massive. Do you know your ring size? I am a "k" and tbh 1ct single stone looks huge on my finger. Once you go over 1ct the price goes mad! I can see yellow tones on big stones so make sure you get a pale colour. On smaller stones it's less obvious.

You're a fountin of knowledge! I feel like I know nothing.... other than I know I want to try on a plain oval diamond ring!

Yeah I've always been a yellow gold girl....although 90% of people seem to go for white gold/platinum these days, but actually the fact that its not everyones choice only makes me like it more.

I've no real concept of how big it would look on my finger.... I'd like something thats pretty big though, although not comically big. Also, I read somewhere that the oval shape makes your fingers look longer, so thats also appealing to me, as mine wouldnt be the longest :)

I've been looking on the Blue Nile website to try to understand what the diamond alone should cost. Has anyone used them or know if their prices are competitive?

I used to pop into jewellers I was passing. Eg rocks etc. Try on loads, take pics then research so you know how much you should be paying. There is a guy on middle abbey street who is meant to be great "Patrick Glynn".

Advertisement