Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free LEGO with The Sun Oct 27 to Nov 4

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Now it's time for a Zombie Coffin Car, for the day that's in it. ;)
    $T2eC16VHJIIE9qTYKKQfBQ(DUNr+y!~~60_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F

Today's gift: Lego City Mining Quad. :)
    LEGO-City-30152-Mining-Quad-Toysnbricks.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Do any of the participating chains honour vouchers past their issue day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I have a spare Mining Quad if anyone have a spare Thor or Hawkeye to swap?

qwertz wrote: »
    Do any of the participating chains honour vouchers past their issue day?

Yeah there shouldn't be a problem there, in my experience they're more than happy to provide sets from previous days, provided that they still have them in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

penev10 wrote: »
    I have a spare Mining Quad if anyone have a spare Thor or Hawkeye to swap?

try asking in the shop when you go in next if they have any-they have been very nice to a friend of mine, I got all mine but will ask when I'm in tomorrow if they have any of those-there are boxes and boxes behind the tills, don't think too many people in Donegal are getting them

try asking in the shop when you go in next if they have any-they have been very nice to a friend of mine, I got all mine but will ask when I'm in tomorrow if they have any of those-there are boxes and boxes behind the tills, don't think too many people in Donegal are getting them

They're all gone in Dublin city centre alas, I've been asking. I'm doing well to get the ones on the day, I had a right run-around for the coffin car yesterday.

I remember last time I was told in one Tesco that a woman was coming in and buying 50 issues of the Sun and clearing them out every morning! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

penev10 wrote: »
    They're all gone in Dublin city centre alas, I've been asking. I'm doing well to get the ones on the day, I had a right run-around for the coffin car yesterday.

I remember last time I was told in one Tesco that a woman was coming in and buying 50 issues of the Sun and clearing them out every morning! :eek:

I'll give you a shout tomorrow sure if I have any luck!! I'm collecting 2 sets, so have a press in the kitchen with loads in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Picked up my packs today,I had the tokens since the promotion began & got them all in one go.I'll get the remaining ones next week.

I hate the fact that people are being greedy & grabbing virtually all that's available.Nobody minds anybody getting 2 or 3 of each one as they make great stocking fillers but those that take 50 at a time should be stopped by staff.

I'll give you a shout tomorrow sure if I have any luck!! I'm collecting 2 sets, so have a press in the kitchen with loads in it!

Cheers, I have some from the last promotion too to swap if you're interested. Ninjagos and the like.

• Advertisement

Friday's toy: Ninjago Jumping Snakes. :)
    30085-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

zerks wrote: »
    I hate the fact that people are being greedy & grabbing virtually all that's available.Nobody minds anybody getting 2 or 3 of each one as they make great stocking fillers but those that take 50 at a time should be stopped by staff.

Always going to happen unless the shops crack down on it, but they've no instruction from the papers to do so, so aren't bothered. There's plenty of Thor and Hawkeye sets up on Adverts already for a fiver.

Lego Uruk Hai from Lord of the Rings free with today's Sun.
    26bec370-e7d2-012f-9316-005056960006.jpg

Should we name & shame those who are selling these on adverts?

Found some poor soul offering €10 for 3 sets already.

BTW folks, the left over sets usually end up being sold off for 99c in the stores involved in the promotion.I got the last lot in Ken Blacks Carlow for 99c each,Star Wars,Batman,Ninjago & a couple of Lego City sets......And I just found some chancer wanting €4 each for them,maybe I'm too honest to do this,but it's bad form imo,especially as they can be picked up easily for less than a euro in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

went in to smyths toys on jervis st to pick up todays piece and the guy at customer service gave me yesterdays one as well :-)

zerks wrote: »
    Should we name & shame those who are selling these on adverts?

Found some poor soul offering €10 for 3 sets already.

I think adverts users should be cautioned or even banned for selling these for such prices, I thought it was in the adverts.ie charter that profiteering is against the rules, since selling them for €4 or €5 each is pure profiteering. Let them use eBay if they like, but adverts should be kept clean from this sort of thing (i.e. greed). I set up this thread to alert fans of Lego about this offer, not scalpers looking for a quick way to rip off people... :(

Last set in the promotion: Lord of the Rings' Frodo the hobbit. :)
    $T2eC16ZHJG8E9nyfoTi6BQUheLrpHw~~60_35.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I got the first two Avengers Legos last week and both Lord of the Rings sets this weekend. I didn't see this promoted outside of this thread so I very nearly missed it. Fair play to you Wolverine359 for making this BA thread.

Got my remaining 4 sets today.

Good news for anyone that might have missed out or wants to avoid scalpers on Adverts:one of the staff in Smyths/Ken Blacks told me they'd be selling the stock that's left over for 99c.Bonus is that you can get your Lego & avoid having to buy a God Awful paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

99c for Lego AND boobs, and you're knocking it?

Got the Frodo, Uruk Hai and Thor. Frodo is great, he comes with a lego sausage. Not many people can say that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 gingerspecs

Did anyone else collect tokens and apply for a free hairdryer from the Sun, back in April/May? The hairdryers were recalled, as they were dangerous. We were offered some eyeshadow instead, or we could wait six weeks for a new hairdryer.....not a peep since.

Advertisement