Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free LEGO with The Sun Oct 27 to Nov 4

Options
  • 20-10-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

A wonderful selection of Lego sets will be available for free with every purchase of The Sun newspaper from October 27 to November 4. All you need to do is cut out the token inside and bring it to Smyths Toystores or Easons. A different set is available every day. They'd make for perfect stocking stuffers in a couple of months time. :D
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/affiliates/lego/
    lego2_1604653a.png

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,459 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

If it was any other paper....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

spockety wrote: »
    If it was any other paper....

I'd buy the paper, cut out the token and then throw the paper in the bin. The toys look decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

I only buy this paper when there is free Lego (I always get the heads up from boards) but I usually miss the first one.

So thank you for the early reminder :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

If it was any other paper

I was thinking the exact same.
    Is it because nobody buys the paper that they have to give stuff away?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Boll1x, bought yesterdays paper, bit too early methinks :rolleyes:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Excellent! My son is going to love the Avengers sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i got a weeks ban on commenting on a sun toy thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

I'd buy the paper, cut out the token and then throw the paper in the bin. The toys look decent.

i buy the sun because templegate is good in the racing pages. ill collect the lego as well
    thanks op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Free lego is free lego, paper is handy for toilet training the mother in laws new dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Liverpool fans will be so torn up by this,on the one hand they hate The Sun for obvious reasons but on the other hand who can resist free Lego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for letting us know! Will it be the usual Tesco or Easons or Smyths on this side of the pond? Whilst I love the free lego, I hate having to get to one of the stores each day! Why can't they have it available in a centra or supervalu? everyone has one of them near. As for the newspaper itself, it will make fine guinea pig bedding:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

lindtee wrote: »
    Thanks for letting us know! Will it be the usual Tesco or Easons or Smyths on this side of the pond? Whilst I love the free lego, I hate having to get to one of the stores each day! Why can't they have it available in a centra or supervalu? everyone has one of them near. As for the newspaper itself, it will make fine guinea pig bedding:cool:

Think its just Easons and Smyths this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Don't buy the sun, ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I am absolutely stunned by people moaning about buying The Sun

It's free Lego ffs! If you don't want it, then just keep getting your free Metro or whatever it is :rolleyes:

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭maximoose

Sweet, thanks OP!

GF works in easons and every time one of these promotions pop up, she has a few regulars who would come in, buy 20+ papers and wipe out the free lego stock - and no doubt these are the folk selling them for a fiver a pop on adverts (the Lego Batman kits are still being sold there!). Spread the word folks so people who actually want this can get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

excellent! loved the lego sets last year! thanks op :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Thought I'd bump this to remind LEGO fans out there that this promotion starts tomorrow, Saturday the 27th, and runs for the next 9 days. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Free LEGO toilet paper offer 27 to Nov 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Free LEGO toilet paper offer 27 to Nov 4

i heard there will be chips implanted in the lego so rupert murdoch can track what pages you read

Today's LEGO set: Thor and the Cosmic Cube. :)
    30163-1.jpg?1346183471

• Advertisement

Where are is the lego available to pick up time wolverine?

Where are is the lego available to pick up time wolverine?

The Lego toy can be collected at Smyths toy store or Easons, you just need to bring the voucher from the paper. If you buy the paper at Easons they should be able to give it to you there and then.

The Lego toy can be collected at Smyths toy store or Easons, you just need to bring the voucher from the paper. If you buy the paper at Easons they should be able to give it to you there and then.
    Thanks going to head out now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,473 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Today's LEGO set: Thor and the Cosmic Cube. :)
    30163-1.jpg?1346183471

Just picked that up. They're terrific value for a euro, considering the collectible minifig series - which have very little else in them - are about 2.79 a pop.

Today's Lego set: Hawkeye, also from Marvel Avengers. :)
    lego-super-heroes-30165-hawkeye-with-equipment-3.jpg

Mini Quinjet from Marvel Avengers today. :)
    8134446420_ffc8e5c3f6_m.jpg

Son said he didn't want todays one. Thankfully. Between the cost of the sun, petrol and the "extras" I ended up buying the past two days getting to Smyths and Easons I would have been better off ordering a decent lego set off Amazon:cool: Might chance buying the sun the next few days and hopefully smyths might redeem all the tokens on Thurs or Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

They won't!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Son said he didn't want todays one. Thankfully. Between the cost of the sun, petrol and the "extras" I ended up buying the past two days getting to Smyths and Easons I would have been better off ordering a decent lego set off Amazon:cool: Might chance buying the sun the next few days and hopefully smyths might redeem all the tokens on Thurs or Friday.

Rang my local Smyths store & asked them,they said they'd honour the tokens if I brought them in together.Seems they had a problem getting the stock delivered initially so told me if I bring in the tokens in one go they'll give me the sets.
    Tesco did this when they were part of the Suns Lego promotion last year.

• Advertisement

Today's model, City police boat.
    30017-1.jpg

Advertisement