Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

McAuliffe Trucking Co

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Scroll down to the bottom of the pics and you will see Mike McAuliffe CEO of Truly Irish with his Kenworth truck behind him...;)

http://www.trulyirish.ie/gallery.php

See this too (scroll down to pg 7 Management Structure)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Guys I think I might have to remove the vidoes because McAuliffe's have told me that due to copyright issues they have contact the Garda about them.

(Which is a bit fishy, because if they claim to have nothing to do with the video's how can they claim copyright?)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Mother of God. I hope AGS pick up on this. Awfully stupid driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

There's a big connection between the two!
    Have a look at the directors or CEO.

January wrote: »
    Guys I think I might have to remove the vidoes because McAuliffe's have told me that due to copyright issues they have contact the Garda about them.

(Which is a bit fishy, because if they claim to have nothing to do with the video's how can they claim copyright?)

Scare tactics - leave them be until you hear from the law. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

There was another video uploaded on the original thread last night from youtube showing 5 or 6 of these trucks going around a roundabout one after another preventing people (legitimate public road users) from entering the roundabout. It's not just one driver at fault, it must be inherent in the company. That roundabout video is gone from youtube but it was on the thread that begun this in motors last night.

I've to pay 680 euro in road tax at the end of this month and would be losing the head if I came across these clowns blocking the public road, causing general mayhem, Grrr :mad:

Talking thru their arses

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

If they are mad enough to try claim copyright to get them offline then they should be able to help Garda identify all parties involved in the videos for some well deserved prosecutions!

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    See this too (scroll down to pg 7 Management Structure)

Look at the advertising page of that pdf - anyone else think the one with the trailer left on the side of the road looks dangerous?

Right I'll leave the videos be so.

• Advertisement

-Corkie- wrote: »
    That company has the same director as the one we are talking about..

Yes you are 100% correct, both companies that are mentioned have something in common in that one of the people is involved in both companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

They don't own the videos so they can't tell you to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Chuck_Norris

I don't think these people truly understand the total sh1tstorm they have created for themselves. I had been feeling a bit of sympathy for Truly Irish, but definitely not now.

And i think it's safe enough to involve their name on here now, given the cross directorships held.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

That's fine - I have copies. I can put them back up if they come down.
    I'm not in Ireland. :)

I've grabbed the video just in case it gets removed somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Up on Joe.ie now and broadsheet.
    They are out in the public and its making them look stupid end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They are talking out of their arses, what copyright issues? There is absolutely nothing in these videos that comes under any form of copyright and as you say if they claim to have nothing to do with them how can they claim copyright?
    What they have done is disgustingly dangerous and illegal, i hope everyone involved is punished accordingly, it might teach them not to be so cavalier with other peoples safety but from looking at the videos i honestly doubt it.
    Oh and to the McAuliffe guys reading this thread your a ****ing disgrace.

OSI wrote: »
    Was filmed in a public place. They have no copyright over it, unless the video is their own.
    guttenberg wrote: »
    If they are mad enough to try claim copyright to get them offline then they should be able to help Garda identify all parties involved in the videos for some well deserved prosecutions!
    They don't own the videos so they can't tell you to do anything.

As has been said, if they're mad enough to claim ownership, as well as being arrogant/ stupid enough to show their flagrant disregard for the rules of the road, and other road users on the Facebook page, they deserve everything that will hopefully be coming to them.

OSI wrote: »
    Was filmed in a public place. They have no copyright over it, unless the video is their own.

They are so obviously breaking the law in the videos I'm sure it must be a peed off ex employee that posted them, that or you'd want to be a thicko to implicate yourself on youtube :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Let them report it to the Gardai. They'll be laughed out of it..

• Advertisement

Does anyone else think that Truly Irish logo looks very familiar?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,742 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Interesting stuff on the Broadsheet page, apparently the guy who re-uploaded them has been contacted by McAuliffe with the same bull**** theyve tried here, claiming copyright etc.
    Also someone on there claiming the RSA are starting an investigation into it as well

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Does anyone else think that Truly Irish logo looks very familiar?

I'm probably missing something there, but I do remember the ads for it on the telly.

Haha, that was me posting on broadsheet too.

Haha, that was me posting on broadsheet too.

Have the RSA or anybody else you contacted last night gotten in touch with you?

I hope this gets on the 6one news or something. They were awful stupid to pull a stunt like that.

No, I contacted the Garda who said they were aware of it (that was this morning) and I emailed The Journal and the Evening Herald as well as FM104 last night, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

Interestingly, Truly Irish have left the comment I posted in place but have deleted all others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Did anyone manage to grab the roundabout video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭tipptopper

VinLieger wrote: »
    They are talking out of their arses, what copyright issues? There is absolutely nothing in these videos that comes under any form of copyright and as you say if they claim to have nothing to do with them how can they claim copyright?
    What they have done is disgustingly dangerous and illegal, i hope everyone involved is punished accordingly, it might teach them not to be so cavalier with other peoples safety but from looking at the videos i honestly doubt it.
    Oh and to the McAuliffe guys reading this thread your a ****ing disgrace.

Couldn't have put it better myself Vin, hope the book is thrown at these ****ers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭h2005

Any links to their facebook pages?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement