Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing stunt turns bad.

Options
  • 16-10-2012 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Thread here on Motors, but this is truly stupid behaviour. Hope someone gets prosecuted for this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

In hindsight, it was dumb, but it probably seemed a great idea at the time. The voice on the video says it all - I doubt they went out to cause an accident, but somtimes, the dumb-side takes over. Probably desperate to drum up some publicity and thought it would be a great marketing shot. Maybe it will be, still?? maybe not... The driver probably had his "Jasus, do I have to Boss?" hat on at the time, in fairness. Not the brightest, but nobody died, so why the big hub-bub?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Did the guy in the car not see the truck?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

They should be prosecuted for their annoying TV ads, never mind this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

only in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

Same guy from the audience of the sheep contest in Father Ted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Kurz wrote: »
    Same guy from the audience of the sheep contest in Father Ted?

Graham Lenihan... co creator of father ted?

This one is even worse. Same haulage company. The stupidity on display here is mindbending.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Oh Jaysus Kriest!

pmcmahon wrote: »
    only in Ireland.
    Yeah, right. Ever driven abroad?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Pottler wrote: »
    Yeah, right. Ever driven abroad?

the thing is,it's not down to driving.It's our apparently educated marketing people.educated idiots.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

No, the character he played who shouts "Fúcking Hell!"

is it not Linehan? I think Lenihan was more into bigger pile-ups, like bank guarantees, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Kurz wrote: »
    No, the character he played who shouts "Fúcking Hell!"

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/tumblr_lo2zqb6h5P1qzsyre.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

This one is even worse. Same haulage company. The stupidity on display here is mindbending.

Yaris at 24 seconds stopped in hard shoulder almost anhiliated:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Distracted speed freak almost kills himself while wrecking a marketing shoot

/spin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Ahhh, good aul Irish driving. T'will never leave this bumpy island.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Truly Irish are denying any responsibility for this photoshoot yet have the following out on the web.

Photos on their own webpage of the trucks parked up - looks like a similar photoshhot
    http://www.trulyirish.ie/company.php

A recent photo on their facebook of the trucks
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151067235769379&set=a.390322844378.167370.97905024378&type=3&theater

And

A presentation on the web about their advertising strategy...
    http://imgur.com/QV9UD

from this presentation - http://www.nrn.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Justin-Kavanagh-Truly-Irish-Country-Foods-NRDC2011.pdf

So, tell me. You knew nothing about this. Hmmmmm.

Can't wait to hear what the haulage company say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

mcauliffe trucking seem to have taken down their photoshoot from their facebook... or it was public to view but not anymore.
    It showed the trulyirish photoshoot along with a line up of their staff/drivers I'm assuming.

Yakult wrote: »
    Ahhh, good aul Irish driving. T'will never leave this bumpy island.

If only they fixed the roads we'd be grand

ahyeahok wrote: »
    mcauliffe trucking seem to have taken down their photoshoot from their facebook... or it was public to view but not anymore.
    It showed the trulyirish photoshoot along with a line up of their staff/drivers I'm assuming.

I'd ask the pertinent question to both companies: who directed the photoshoot?

Running and hiding, deleting FB posts and taking down photos from websites, and denying that you have any involvement as they are not your trucks is no way to manage your PR.

Come clean. Who directed the photoshoot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

If only they fixed the roads we'd be grand

Ah here leave it ooouutttt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

Now mcauliffe trucking have taken down the vid on youtube where the 3 truly irish branded trucks are going around a roundabout 4 or 5 times blaring their air horns until normal traffic arrives. There were a few other vids of the trucks travelling in convoy making a lot of noise.

They are hiding as much evidence as they can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 581 ✭✭✭phoenix999

Visited Russia a few years ago. I thought I was taking part in a YouTube viral on the 8 lane highways there. Whackiest drivers on the planet.

Thank you for reopening the thread - I believe both companies deserve to give an explanation for this.

McAuliffe for their drivers behaviour and Truly Irish as to if this was a official photoshoot. If it was not, then why do they have photos what what appears to be the same shoot on their website?

Could a mod remove the reference to Truly Irish in the thread title until they make a statement. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looks like Truly Irish are in damage limitation mode. Every trace of these trucks is being removed from their facebook page, which is being heavily censored.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Surely someone saved the images and took screenshots ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

MadsL wrote: »
    Thank you for reopening the thread - I believe both companies deserve to give an explanation for this.

McAuliffe for their drivers behaviour and Truly Irish as to if this was a official photoshoot. If it was not, then why do they have photos what what appears to be the same shoot on their website?

Could a mod remove the reference to Truly Irish in the thread title until they make a statement. Thanks.

If you read through the links you gave yourself above Mads you will see that there is a Michael McAuliffe on the board of directors of Truly Irish.

Coincidence - not.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Surely someone saved the images and took screenshots ?
    http://i.imgur.com/GHi2r.jpg

Yep

lmao at the idea of McAuliffe threatening to go to the Gardai about the video. Gobschites!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's the Streisand effect, the more they try to stifle conversations about this, the more publicity they give it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement