Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Impounded. What happens now?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

travis1976 wrote: »
    And as for the rest of the comments, with certain exceptions, Why don't you all come down off your pillars and have a look at how the rest of the world has to manage.

The rest of the world has to manage by driving without insurance? Bull.

Could he not have borrowed the deposit for insurance off a family member or something?

I'm sure you wouldn't have an issue if some uninsured driver wrote off your car and left you in hospital, as long as he had a good excuse for not having insurance, yeah?
    I never said he was trying to get out of it, not pay etc. .

This seems like it
    If he can't afford to get the car released and it gets crushed, will he still be liable for the fees? ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

And as for the rest of the comments, with certain exceptions, Why don't you all come down off your pillars and have a look at how the rest of the world has to manage.

Atlantic Dawn, you might feel like a big man slagging people off on an internet forum, but "Scrote" is a bit strong in my belief. But whatever gets you off.
    Knowingly driving around without insurance shows complete contempt for other people. Why should they regard uninsured drivers with anything but contempt?
    There are extreme situations (life or death), but for commuting? Get a lift, cycle, use public transport, borrow money for insurance until you get paid.
    Not being seen as a scummy person is actually as simple as not doing scummy things.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement