Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadly Premonition Directors Cut coming to PS3

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Unfortunately the dangers are is that the Japanese devs are porting it over. However they're apparently going to fix the framerate issues :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Just under 20 euro delivered at the moment from Amazon, cheapest it's been.

Considering getting it, people saying good things about it on this thread, plus I'll get to break out the Move controller and 3D glasses, but its score on metacritic isn't great and from a very quick look at gameplay on youtube it looks a bit slow-paced, dunno what to do...

Anyone wanna pitch a sale to me? :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,819 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The gameplay is pretty poor but it's all about the story. It's utterlybat **** insane and yet manages to all make sense at the end and comes together in one hell of a satisfying conclusion. If you can push through the crappy combat there's loads to enjoy like the excellent dialogue and characters and how each character in the town goes about their daily lives and how you can snoop on them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Is it worth the extra money to get the Directors Cut or is the X360 one okay enough.

• Advertisement

The director's cut does add some great extra cutscenes but it also has even worse framerate problems than hte 360 release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The director's cut does add some great extra cutscenes but it also has even worse framerate problems than hte 360 release.

really? f**k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bought this in the PSN horror sale and finished it the other week. I actually meant to write something on it last week, forgot, and then Johnny_ulimate posted the whistle song on the gaming humour thread (on in the background as I type :D )

Anyway I'm going to dig into the negatives. I actually quite enjoyed it but not due to any of the gameplay whatsoever. I completely disagree with anyone who says there are a few sections you must trudge through. You have to trudge through the entire game.

It's not just the combat which is woefully boring, but the scenes where you must run away, any driving sequence (which includes a horrible horrible follow someone mission) and all those profiling scenes.. why bother. Just run the clip when you finish collecting everything.

I can't for the life of me understand why they made the game open world especially with the terrible car controls it has. There were so many missions where you had to drive for ages and generally the max speed was 50mph... for Christ's sake.

I'll forgive some of the other things since it's quite an old game even though this is apparently a directors cut.

It's certainly got an entertaining story... Twin peaks link is a bit much at times but then again that's probably the main reason so many people do like the game.

It's probably the worst game I've ever finished yet I liked it. If they were to make another game similar to it I would highly recommend this significantly improve driving or go for a more linear game.

So I definitely enjoyed it but I don't think I could recommend it to anyone who wasn't a fan of Twin Peaks and hasn't any patience as you'll need it.

Advertisement