Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

door2door distributors?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Did they say are you allowed just throw them out the car window as you drive by the houses?

Standing up beside the hinge side of the door.
    They make calls to check and if you're taking the piss you're not doing it anymore.

I always stuck to the rules if you're wondering.
    It becomes a right pain in the ass when you're in upper middle class places with long driveways and stairs up to the door. For this job, hotels, town centers, apartments and council estates are a godsend.

You'll be lucky to do that alone by the way, getting someone with you pulls it down to €300 if you're lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

See if the local recycling plant will buy the paper from you! I haven't picked up a telephone directory in around 6 years!

I considered that a few times, they do check you're actually doing your job though. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Went to the meeting today and it sounds pretty good.You get a map and complete the area then send it back and you are paid.In a 8 hour day you can deliver 350/400 books and works out about 150e a day (40c per book).Take 30 petrol money from that and you can make 600e a week for the 6/7 weeks there doing it for.Nice aul earner.:cool:

Ask yourself this then, why isn't everyone out doing it if it's such a nice simple earner?

Would be really interested in the follow-up thread once you've done it for a week or two.

Ask yourself this then, why isn't everyone out doing it if it's such a nice simple earner?

Would be really interested in the follow-up thread once you've done it for a week or two.

Same here, I always marvel at people who come on here looking for advice and then ignore it.
    Sure, fire ahead. We need to make our own mistakes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

CianRyan wrote: »
    Standing up beside the hinge side of the door.
    They make calls to check and if you're taking the piss you're not doing it anymore.

I always stuck to the rules if you're wondering.
    It becomes a right pain in the ass when you're in upper middle class places with long driveways and stairs up to the door. For this job, hotels, town centers, apartments and council estates are a godsend.

You'll be lucky to do that alone by the way, getting someone with you pulls it down to €300 if you're lucky.

How many did you deliver per day and how much was spent on petrol money?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Went to the meeting today and it sounds pretty good.You get a map and complete the area then send it back and you are paid.In a 8 hour day you can deliver 350/400 books and works out about 150e a day (40c per book).Take 30 petrol money from that and you can make 600e a week for the 6/7 weeks there doing it for.Nice aul earner.:cool:

A few things wrong here tho lad.

Petrol ain't cheap & the books aren't light. You have to stump up your own petrol costs and from what you've been told, by people who did this gig, is that the company drag their heels when it comes to paying you. Have you got say €120 - €150 a month for the petrol before you get paid? That's without lunch costs etc.

If you do go ahead with it, please post with a follow up.

How many did you deliver per day and how much was spent on petrol money?

On an average day we were taking on about three loads of about 6-700 books at a time, this was in the back of a transit and white that weight onboard you're absolutely burning fuel, we were lucky to see €50 do us the day.
    There's no use in taking smaller loads either seeing as you'll be going back and forth all day and you can't guarantee how close you'll be to the collection point or who else will be in to take as many books as they can.

Also worth noting, if you're going to do it, which I still don't recommend, get some fliers and local supervalue, centra, etc junk mail to throw in with the books. It's an extra pain but it'll add a bit onto your cheque.
    You'll be given trolleys to carry your books, no other way really. Good luck fitting those in an empty car never mind having a car full of phone books.

On an average day we were taking on about three loads of about 6-700 books at a time, this was in the back of a transit and white that weight onboard you're absolutely burning fuel, we were lucky to see €50 do us the day.
    There's no use in taking smaller loads either seeing as you'll be going back and forth all day and you can't guarantee how close you'll be to the collection point or who else will be in to take as many books as they can.

Also worth noting, if you're going to do it, which I still don't recommend, get some fliers and local supervalue, centra, etc junk mail to throw in with the books. It's an extra pain but it'll add a bit onto your cheque.
    You'll be given trolleys to carry your books, no other way really. Good luck fitting those in an empty car never mind having a car full of phone books.
    Dis you work with door2door?What the issue with pay?

Dis you work with door2door?What the issue with pay?

As I said initially, yes I've worked with them a few times.
    They just generally don't like paying people for the work they've done and will put it off for as long as possible.
    When I finally left them for good, no more contact after final payment, they took a bit over two months to pay me. €450 they owed me, I was up to them at least once a week if not two or three times during that period and they always had a different excuse.
    In the end I had to make a huge fuss, going in all guns blazing make all sorts of publicity and legal threats for them to hand me a cheque.

They're a pack of cowboys.

• Advertisement

Honestly how much did you earn profit for the few weeks?

Honestly how much did you earn profit for the few weeks?

Less than €200 a week all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

It's a numbers game.

Less than €200 a week all in.

All in?How many could you deliver in an 8 hour day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

You won't deliver 400 in an 8 hour day anyway, that'd be a book every 80 seconds for the entire time assuming you don't drive anywhere in that time, don't take any breaks (also illegal), and have absolutely no other interruptions or problems in that time.

All in?How many could you deliver in an 8 hour day?

I can't give a number because wert area is different. There would be two or three of us in on this remember, that's not to make any more money now, just to make things a but easier on us. By all in I mean after fuel lunch and tax, which you have to sort for yourself.

I presume you were up in Ballymount? Do you remember who you were talking to?

I can't give a number because wert area is different. There would be two or three of us in on this remember, that's not to make any more money now, just to make things a but easier on us. By all in I mean after fuel lunch and tax, which you have to sort for yourself.

I presume you were up in Ballymount? Do you remember who you were talking to?

Tax?;)

Yeah, what am I saying sure, you might as well just break the law...

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

Any update, OP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 179 ✭✭King Of Wishful Thinking

We have thread titles with a 1 for one and 2 for to today - could we get a 3 for three or even tree?

Be class to have the full txt speak hat trick on the same day.

• Advertisement

We have thread titles with a 1 for one and 2 for to today - could we get a 3 for three or even tree?

Be class to have the full txt speak hat trick on the same day.

Door2Door are actually called Door2Door.

http://www.door2door.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

I delivered 5,000 newspapers + flyers every week for about 3 years in my youth.
    I'd get €350 for the paper + €150 for every extra flyer, some weeks you'd get €600+ cash in hand on top of what I was already earning in my 9 to 5.
    I actually only delivered 2,000 & stuck about 800 into Dunnes & Tescos.
    I'd go out 4 nights a week, do about 500 a night, pick all the estates with no walls between houses.
    The remainder I'd dump up in Smurfits every month or so for free, god bless the celtic tiger days.
    I used have a metal biscuit tin full of money that I'd lodge in the Credit Union when it was full.

Different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭fupduck

Having dealt with this company, I can categorically agree with everything that CianRyan has said. You will be a contractor, and therefore responsible for your own tax matters . You will also have a GPS tracker for your route. If you have a gap, be prepared to go back, or not get paid!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

sorry lads just wondering did anyone add city post to their cv?

I did yeah, doesn't seem to add a lot though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Those leaflet jobs are always ****. I thought I was on to something once, got one that paid minimum wage, was going to do it and 4 other ones at the same time. Unfortunately the ****e money I wanted from each of them was too much! I was only asking for £25 for 6 hours work!!

Even if you're on the dole you can get something else cash in hand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

How many journeys and how long were you driving for, for it to cost 50 a day if you don't mind me asking? seems a little much for hauling, that... considering its a desil and sesigned for carrying weight!
    How ever the job in the middle of the summer when its warm :D tunes and you've got hug estates I really enjoyed Ipod on a away id go over load the trolly as mush as possible and just work away comfy pair of runners :D music/ spliff happy days...

Tax what tax :D

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭fupduck

Snowie wrote: »
    How many journeys and how long were you driving for, for it to cost 50 a day if you don't mind me asking? seems a little much for hauling, that... considering its a desil and sesigned for carrying weight!
    How ever the job in the middle of the summer when its warm :D tunes and you've got hug estates I really enjoyed Ipod on a away id go over load the trolly as mush as possible and just work away comfy pair of runners :D music/ spliff happy days...

Tax what tax :D

You are hired as a self employed distributor, therefore liable for making your own tax returns
    you will not be an employee

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭laurpat

One thing to note is that you will need business motor insurance if you are carrying stock otherwishe you won't be insured if stopped by the Garda or if you have an accident.

Business insurance increases your premium by a large amount

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

laurpat wrote: »
    One thing to note is that you will need business motor insurance if you are carrying stock otherwishe you won't be insured if stopped by the Garda or if you have an accident.

Business insurance increases your premium by a large amount

just say the books are for personal use ;-)

Advertisement