Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WarZ October 15th Release

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

I said I'd give this game a go. I already heard all the stuff about it being ****e, and didn't think it could be as bad as they said. I didn't hear anything from it for a few months too, so I assumed it was updated to a tolerant state. However, I was wrong.
    For under 4 quid, I can't really complain to be fair. If I was to pay the normal price for this ****e, I could have be in an awful mood! Spent around an hour - hour and a half playing it tonight. Too much time spent walking towards a city to try find a gun or some food/drink before either being mauld by a load of zombies, shot by a player, or kicked by PunkBuster for no reason. When I did manage to get to a city (Boulder City, I believe?) I couldn't find anything before zombies killed me.
    Maybe I'm just rubbish at this game! I really don't know where I should go to get some stuff, or where not to go to stay alive, or how to survive when more then a single zombie is attacking. The back story doesn't bother me really. It's the fact I can't even play the game for, on average tonight, 10 minutes!
    It was definitely a waste of 4 quid. I wouldn't recommend the game. I'm sure a few people are in my frame of mind, and decided to have a look for themselves though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I wouldn't bother with it to be honest. Just play DayZ.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This sounds like it'd make a fantastic documentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Jet Black

If your looking for something open world survival Garry from gmod has a game that's in free alpha now called rust. Probably plays better than this
    http://www.playrust.com

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭chewythefirst

And this is back on the top of the Steam sellers list, being 75% off. I wonder how many people bought it erroneously, or they just figured it was was worth it for the four dollars/three seventy euro. It's still kinda depressing.

it went down to that price because punkbuster did a huge ban wave and the lost about half of its players so all the hackers had to buy new account's. the developers knew that they wouldnt pay full price for the game again so they did this sale.
    simon360 wrote: »
    Bought it for 3.75 maybe thinking I could get some fun out of it. played about 20 minutes of it and deleted it from my hard drive. Should have got a mars bar and a bottle of coke instead....

a game like this to get a good fell for it needs quite a bit more time than 20 min, in fact i wouldn't condemn a game like this without giving it atleat 2-3 nights playing. it would be the same with dayz mod or standalone, them types of games take a good while to get used to the game play e.g how to interact with the environment how to take on the zombies where is the best/worst places to go.
    Mister Man wrote: »
    I said I'd give this game a go. I already heard all the stuff about it being ****e, and didn't think it could be as bad as they said. I didn't hear anything from it for a few months too, so I assumed it was updated to a tolerant state. However, I was wrong.
    For under 4 quid, I can't really complain to be fair. If I was to pay the normal price for this ****e, I could have be in an awful mood! Spent around an hour - hour and a half playing it tonight. Too much time spent walking towards a city to try find a gun or some food/drink before either being mauld by a load of zombies, shot by a player, or kicked by PunkBuster for no reason. When I did manage to get to a city (Boulder City, I believe?) I couldn't find anything before zombies killed me.
    Maybe I'm just rubbish at this game! I really don't know where I should go to get some stuff, or where not to go to stay alive, or how to survive when more then a single zombie is attacking. The back story doesn't bother me really. It's the fact I can't even play the game for, on average tonight, 10 minutes!
    It was definitely a waste of 4 quid. I wouldn't recommend the game. I'm sure a few people are in my frame of mind, and decided to have a look for themselves though.

at the moment you just happened to pick the worst town to try loot, they have been talking about releasing this super zombie into the game and they have picked bolder city to be where you can find him. so they have buffed up the zombie count in that town. not many people could walk in there on there own and survive unless you have a good bit of gear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Wait? WarZ is now called Infestation Lolwut?

Wait? WarZ is now called Infestation Lolwut?

Still showing up as The War Z in my steam library?

Still showing up as The War Z in my steam library?

Run it new launcher and it's now called Infestation:Survivor Diaries. It's from the copyright infringement issue they had with World War Z which is coming out this week.

Run it new launcher and it's now called Infestation:Survivor Diaries. It's from the copyright infringement issue they had with World War Z which is coming out this week.

I see it now. Jesus, they're a desperate "company" (if you can even call them that!) Might give it a bit of a good again tonight for the lols. I'm sure I'll be just as disappointed as before!

I see it now. Jesus, they're a desperate "company" (if you can even call them that!) Might give it a bit of a good again tonight for the lols. I'm sure I'll be just as disappointed as before!

So try to join servers and it just crashes now...

• Advertisement

So try to join servers and it just crashes now...

Got onto a server and was playing for a 10mins or less and punkbuster kicked me. What a load of ****e! Thankful it only cost 3 quid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Yeah, they renamed it due to "copyright confusion", apparently. Nothing to do with trying to avoid the bad publicity that went along with WarZ in the hope that a new batch of unwary wallets might be tempted to trump up some cash for this.

Call me cynical, but I can't help but think this is just an attempt to rebrand itself for more cash.

[edit] Ah, it appears they lost their trademark/copyright/whichever due to World War Z, and were forced to change names, possibly. I bet they were gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

lSvKY4V.jpg

A resounding endorsement.

Advertisement