Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The WarZ October 15th Release

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

gizmo wrote: »
    They already have...

At least this time they didn't blame their customers for being unable to read.

I watched the TB video earlier and holy crap there's some awful stuff in there. Even ignoring the piss poor models and texturing, the death events are a complete ****ing fail in terms of user experience and the invisible walls surrounding that water made Gears of War look like bloody Just Cause. :o

That's pretty contradictive of what Valve had to say. They also had to step in on the Steam forum as the War Z mods stated that they will ban users and delete threads that had negative reviews on the game. Valve apologized to everyone on the forum and are taking it all very seriously.

Does not in any way look like the game was taken down as a result of War Z dev requests

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,666 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

This just gets better and better...

http://kotaku.com/5969927/some-war-z-images-were-ripped-from-the-walking-dead

It also reminds me of a similar wrathful vendetta gamers waged around this time last year and i really hope it turns out as bad for these so called "developers" as it did for the ocean marketing douche

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Haven't had this good a laugh at a game getting pummeled since Limbo of the Lost!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

played this a while back, and it did seem to have some promise, but my god the devs seem to be trying to kill it off properly dont they

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Seen this on facebook and it has me in stitches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Seems valve or the devs have taken it down from steam. Cannot buy it from the steam page anymore - http://store.steampowered.com/app/226700/?snr=1_7_suggest__13

Edit: It was valve: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2012/12/19/valve-pulls-the-war-z-off-steam-offers-refund/

1356011922591.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Did that happen you or is it from someone else? That's so bad!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Wow, please tell me that image is a fake? That is a disgrace.

EDIT: Don't think that's real, the "Date the ban will be lifted" is normally a date which is automatically filled in by vB.

• Advertisement

It probably is fake but we might as well just have a laugh at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭_vti

wow...such a great example of fail. I'm so glad I didn't drop any money on this crap!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,464 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

It is possible that they will have to rename the game.

UPDATE: EXCLUSIVE: “War Z” trademark SUSPENDED - Game will have to be renamed

What a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

It is possible that they will have to rename the game.

UPDATE: EXCLUSIVE: “War Z” trademark SUSPENDED - Game will have to be renamed

What a disaster.

Could do them the world of good though (unfortunately). If the name changes, people might not realise the new one is made by the same crowd of tossers...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,409 ✭✭✭Nollog

The whole internet is against them...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,136 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is probably the biggest fail launch and just general gaming fail I can ever remember.

From the get go I was instatnly in the camp "Thats a Dayz"clone. And then from there the company behind it just furiously revealed themselves as inexperienced young brats who couldn't take critism.

Reddit is tops for WarZ news.

Some of the biggest fails have to be the money they owe back on investment, and how streamer Towliee, who I used to watch alot for WoW, totally sold out to WarZ for a pretty lucrative deal, and is contracted to play that ****e.

There is a bit of a boycott on him at the moment and his viewers plummit from 2.5 during wow to a few hundred during Warz.

Its so much lol all round

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

dreamers75 wrote: »
    It's unfortunate that the controversy surrounding The War Z has given it such a high profile, because inevitably more poor saps will buy it to see for themselves. If you're even slightly tempted, just remember that at the maelstrom's core is a very basic and ugly game made by a company that is both dishonest and incompetent. Combining disgraceful ethics with endemic failures of design, The War Z is a real disaster.
    And yet he gives it 3/10...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

tu6vI.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,666 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I love everything about this story.... except the game of course

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

A fularm slap in the face for the devs here.

Also from Reddit
    ubtXH.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

another fail for the war z team.
    The War Z taken offline after hackers gain access to player data

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/02/the-war-z-taken-offline-after-hackers-gain-access-to-player-data/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

And this is back on the top of the Steam sellers list, being 75% off. I wonder how many people bought it erroneously, or they just figured it was was worth it for the four dollars/three seventy euro. It's still kinda depressing.

Sheep will be scheap

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Bought it for 3.75 maybe thinking I could get some fun out of it. played about 20 minutes of it and deleted it from my hard drive. Should have got a mars bar and a bottle of coke instead....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Happy I didn't buy it for that price so ill save it towards the dayz standalone :)

simon360 wrote: »
    Bought it for 3.75 maybe thinking I could get some fun out of it. played about 20 minutes of it and deleted it from my hard drive. Should have got a mars bar and a bottle of coke instead....

Jayzus i know things are screwed in ireland butwhere are you buyin your coke and mars bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Laviski wrote: »
    Jayzus i know things are screwed in ireland butwhere are you buyin your coke and mars bar.

might be a 2 litre bottle of coke and a kingsize marsbar :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Laviski wrote: »

In an expensive shop :pac: :P

Advertisement