Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos 3D LG TV 449!!!!

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kitty113

I bought a 51 inch Samsung HD ready plasma in Tesco 2 days ago for 495. Now I only got it for that because it was an ex display, but they're on offer at 549 till Monday incase anyone's interested! Really good value for that price! My fella got a HDMI cable and the picture is amazing. They're all out in Drogheda, but have some left in Balbriggan I think

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

nolly23 wrote: »
    I collected mine in KK yesterday. As I am moving house in 2 weeks I am trying to resist the urge to take it out of the box and set it up!!!! Need to be strong!
    You probably should take it out of the box to ensure it's working and not damaged, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nolly23

byte wrote: »
    You probably should take it out of the box to ensure it's working and not damaged, etc.

I opened it and peeped in but I know if I take it out I will want to set it up and play with it.

byte wrote: »

I opened it and peeped in but I know if I take it out I will want to set it up and play with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

nolly23 wrote: »

TWSS

• Advertisement

quarryman wrote: »

TWSS

Oh no you didn't!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Hi ninety, when you go into your source ie. Home--> input press the blue button (input label). Now choose what mode game or pc and test. Playing formula 1 2011 on it and its fluid.
    ninty wrote: »

connected my laptop,any idea what picture mode to use,cant see a pc mode

Also you can download a firmware update from LG.
    Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Hi ninety, when you go into your source ie. Home--> input press the blue button (input label). Now choose what mode game or pc and test. Playing formula 1 2011 on it and its fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the power saving mode on this tv? It knocks off every couple of hours, and there's no corresponding button on the remote to the on screen instructions on how to do it.

Home--> picture--> energy saving. Also check your timer isnt set.
    Home-->time i think the automatic standby is set by default
    Can anyone tell me how to turn off the power saving mode on this tv? It knocks off every couple of hours, and there's no corresponding button on the remote to the on screen instructions on how to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭noclee

Anyone know the code for the UPC remote. Also anyone using UPC non-hd services the picture quality is not the best with aux cable, turned off true-motion and other picture enhancements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

If you are using a Digital box you should use the HDMI connection. Unless of course you have a really old box without that. In which case you should ask UPC for a newer box. I've a different LG TV on UPC analogue on the COAX and the quality can be surprisingly good at time, but obviously analogue can be quite poor at times too. Thus far my experience of LG TV is they can be picky about the source signal quality.

I have a digital box but it has no hdmi connector thomson DCI62UPC not that old probably the reason theres no hdmi is that upc charge extra for hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭ninty

Monkeyjoe wrote: »

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I reserved one of these yesterday in a Dublin store, but I have since got another TV.

If anyone genuinely wants to buy this TV, PM me and I will give you the reservation number and shop name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 npineda

I would love to have this tv Brimal.
    I sent you a pm earlier.
    brimal wrote: »
    I reserved one of these yesterday in a Dublin store, but I have since got another TV.

If anyone genuinely wants to buy this TV, PM me and I will give you the reservation number and shop name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I just replied to you there now.

Enjoy your TV

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭OnlyGotOneSong

Did anyone else reserve one of these TV's and is now no longer going to buy it?

Would love to purchase this TV if anyone has a reservation code?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

forgot to thank the OP for this...cheers :D picked thee last one up in portlaoise a while back. Its a fantastic telly. Tried the 3d with files on memory stick and its
    really good. Must be best value tv around at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 16,546 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Does anyone know if there any of these TVs left?
    Or can someone recommend a similar bargain?
    My GF is looking to buy a new 40''-42'' set asap.

• Advertisement

FYI UPC remote code 0208

Advertisement