Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos 3D LG TV 449!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

Monkeyjoe wrote: »
    Hi for anyone that is interested Argos has this 2011 42" TV reduced to 449!!!
    Bought one yesterday awesome for the price.... 3D and all!!!

I think there was only one or two left in swords!!

http://www.lg.com/ie/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-3d-tv-42LW450U.jsp
    No product code for argos. Had a look at the site and can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Monkeyjoe

Its not on the website.

If you go into an argos shop click on clearance items on their screen and go to TV you can reserve one.
    I picked mine up at 17:50 last night just before they closed and they still had some in the Swords shop.

See image from the box. 529/8501

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭g0g

Seems to be well rated on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 43,803 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Recommend LG if you are at least a little interested in 3D.. their passive 3D is less intense on the eyes than active 3D.

Good price, although it does sound like a store-specific deal (that's not to say it's in no other stores mind).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

None in Liffey Valley. Save people the trip, since you can't check the website.

As in the first post it was only available in Swords. You can select and reserve it then pick it up within a day or two.
    I took the last one from the Naas store last night :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I've just reserved the last one in Swords.

Have you got it up and running yet?

Yip, picture is awesome, especially for the price. Wasn't looking for 3D as I think its a bit gimmicky but watching netflix with 2D-3D added nice depth.

I was looking at getting the new 2012 model which was €779 with pretty much the same specs.

http://www.currys.ie/Product/LG-42LM620T-Full-HD-42andquot-LED-3D-TV/312761/339.0

As you can see from the reviews its flawless esp for that price.
    Its the 2011 model, the TV has a label "new model 2011" so that's obviously why they want to get rid of it.

http://reviews.argos.co.uk/1493-en_gb/5298501/reviews.htm

Main thing to do is turn off power saving mode.
    And for PS3, PC Games change HDMI to PC mode to stop the input lag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

If you watch football a lot you will notice that this model will have banding and dirty screen affect. I had a similar model in 47" and had to bring it back. I believe its less noticable in 42".

I'd recommend keeping the box and packaging until you have watched a match (if you're into football or any sport that shows grass on screen a lot and the camera pans).

Picking it up this afternoon. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

I just picked up one of these in kilkenny, and there is 2 left i think..

Very good deal.. :D

aidankkk wrote: »
    I just picked up one of these in kilkenny, and there is 2 left i think..

Very good deal.. :D

Hurry up as im half considering going in getting another..

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

got one in blanch, still one left on stock. thanks monkey!

You're welcome.

Ill send you an invoice with the finders fee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

None left in the Square Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

The only equivalent model I can find on Argos is the 32" model. No sign of the 42". Have I missed something or does anyone have an Argos cat-num or link?

Xzen wrote: »
    The only equivalent model I can find on Argos is the 32" model. No sign of the 42". Have I missed something or does anyone have an Argos cat-num or link?

its only in clearance items in the shop. Go to the terminal and search clearance items

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

None left in Stephens Green that I could find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

bazwaldo wrote: »
    If you watch football a lot you will notice that this model will have banding and dirty screen affect. I had a similar model in 47" and had to bring it back. I believe its less noticable in 42".

I'd recommend keeping the box and packaging until you have watched a match (if you're into football or any sport that shows grass on screen a lot and the camera pans).
    Good info .
    The 2012 Panasonic plasmas have the exact same issue ,its extremely annoying .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

banding and dirty screen affect?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

BostonB wrote: »
    banding and dirty screen affect?

Banding is an issue where when the camera pans on a background such as grass, the backlights in the TV struggle and you'll see vertical bands on screen. The picture is visable, its just slightly darker/brighter in each band. Many LED TVs suffer from it but particularly the passive 3D sets for some reason.

Dirty screen effect (DSE) is related in that it happens at the same time as banding (i.e. when camera pans). It looks like the screen has condensation on it or smeared with a layer of dust. When the panning stops, the picture is fine again.

There are millions of posts about it on avforums and I've been waiting for a passive 3D set that doesn't suffer from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've not heard of it tbh. But I guess I wasn't looking at 3D sets. Its not related to an eco settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Must check out the local argos on the way home, it is tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

do they not all close at 6pm on a monday?

spongbob wrote: »
    do they not all close at 6pm on a monday?

Sorry, meant way home tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mrsfraw

We checked in Childers road Limerick today, they had none and either did Cruises Street or the Crescent.

mrsfraw wrote: »
    We checked in Childers road Limerick today, they had none and either did Cruises Street or the Crescent.

thanks mrsfraw, saves me the effort :(

• Advertisement

I picked mine up this afternoon. Twas the last one in Swords. They have it marked up as needing a Saorview box, which might be why it's in the clearance sale. However, it's in the approved list:

http://www.saorview.ie/product/lg/

Haven't messed around with the settings yet, but it's looking pretty good just on the default sets.

Thanks for the heads up, OP.

Advertisement