Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TRACTORS

Options
  • 14-10-2012 8:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

hi der looking 2 buy sumthing about 90/100hp only be for 1350gal tanker ground a bit hilly taking in bales sowing fert etc but cant make up my mind thinking all diff kinds mf 4355/390t fiat 80/90 100/90 or NHts100/ts115 THANKS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

hi der looking 2 buy sumthing about 90/100hp only be for 1350gal tanker ground a bit hilly taking in bales sowing fert etc but cant make up my mind thinking all diff kinds mf 4355/390t fiat 80/90 100/90 or NHts100/ts115 THANKS

I might get shot for suggesting this but seen these recently and they look a good tractor, http://www.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/tractors/4024124

View2-14842480.jpeg

price on them seems really good aswell, if i work out the exchange rates, it's a brand new tractor for 20-25k 100hp, perkins engine

Thing i like about them is that there fairly simple no massive on board computer that makes you feel like you need a degree in computer science to work!

Has anybody tried these out would liek to hear your taughts on them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭letterkenny man

looks good wonder wat there like

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭maidhc

pgodkin wrote: »
    I might get shot for suggesting this but seen these recently and they look a good tractor,

Id take a Zetor anyday.

The 100hp one is more equivalent in size to a Ford 4000 than say a TS.

Parts resale etc all will militate against it.

Personally Id buy a clean secondhand NH.

maidhc wrote: »
    Id take a Zetor anyday.

The 100hp one is more equivalent in size to a Ford 4000 than say a TS.

Parts resale etc all will militate against it.

Personally Id buy a clean secondhand NH.

Agreed but if you search for this tractor on youtube, i came across this

i think it a couple of years old but in they state that there is a 3 year warrenty on these tractors plus the oil filters etc are like 50% the price of the same stuff for a JD/NH/Case etc... dont know if this is still going but that's failry good

On the point of buying second hand tractors i know a few lads who have bought clean gear and have had nothing but problems with them

I'll pick new over used every day of the week if the pocket could afford it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Agreed but if you search for this tractor on youtube, i came across this

i think it a couple of years old but in they state that there is a 3 year warrenty on these tractors plus the oil filters etc are like 50% the price of the same stuff for a JD/NH/Case etc... dont know if this is still going but that's failry good

On the point of buying second hand tractors i know a few lads who have bought clean gear and have had nothing but problems with them

I'll pick new over used every day of the week if the pocket could afford it!!

That HTT is the very same as our Valtra A95 other than the engine and a few little bits inside the cab.I was looking at it at the ploughing 3 years ago and nearly committed to buying one but the Valtra came up at an unbeatable price.
    We've had no major trouble with the Valtra (other than the oil cooler bursting twice which is a known fault) and it does what is needed around the farm.It pulls a low loader with 16bales up severe hills and easily beats a 6330 doing the same job with 14bales.It pulls a 1600gallon tanker.I mow our grass with a trailed condition mower with it and it's grand. It does the silage with the sheargrab and front loader.It brings in bales. The only real fault I have with it is it has a very light backend.Having a bale on the front loader up high and braking hard will lift the back wheels off the ground easily.

New or second hand machinery can suffer problems so looking at buying new and thinking no problems will arise is like a lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Biggest problem with these cheap tractor is massive depreciation in a short period and ultimately a very low resale value. Resale values of a 5 year old version of them can be less than 50% of purchase price - even with low hours, as secondhand versions can be hard resold.

That HTT is the very same as our Valtra A95 other than the engine and a few little bits inside the cab.I was looking at it at the ploughing 3 years ago and nearly committed to buying one but the Valtra came up at an unbeatable price.
    We've had no major trouble with the Valtra (other than the oil cooler bursting twice which is a known fault) and it does what is needed around the farm.It pulls a low loader with 16bales up severe hills and easily beats a 6330 doing the same job with 14bales.It pulls a 1600gallon tanker.I mow our grass with a trailed condition mower with it and it's grand. It does the silage with the sheargrab and front loader.It brings in bales. The only real fault I have with it is it has a very light backend.Having a bale on the front loader up high and braking hard will lift the back wheels off the ground easily.

New or second hand machinery can suffer problems so looking at buying new and thinking no problems will arise is like a lottery.

Not true, at least with new gear you have warrenty and service.... i have seen lads buy trucks and trailers and think they are great for buying second hand, lookin at there books over 5 years they put as much into it as the repayment on a new tractor
    reilig wrote: »
    Biggest problem with these cheap tractor is massive depreciation in a short period and ultimately a very low resale value. Resale values of a 5 year old version of them can be less than 50% of purchase price - even with low hours, as secondhand versions can be hard resold.

Re-sale value is a hugh issue, but kept on the same farm i cant see a tractor not last 10-15 years with reguarly servicing and a bit of care. after that time, it should have paid for it self and anything you get for it would be nice

I wouldnt be buying this thinking I'll upgrade to a JD in three years if things go well.... plus re-sale value has a lot to do with people's views on the machinery 10/15 years ago you couldnt give away a second hand zetor, now there re-sale value seems to be in line with other brands, from what i can see this is a newish tractor to the irish market.. and not a bad option for what the op is looking for

Just my taughts on it, not saying that this would be a good buy, buy surly it must be considered, I would love to get one out on demo for a week or two and put it through it's paces at least then you know or at least have an idea what your buying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Re-sale value is a hugh issue, but kept on the same farm i cant see a tractor not last 10-15 years with reguarly servicing and a bit of care. after that time, it should have paid for it self and anything you get for it would be nice

I wouldnt be buying this thinking I'll upgrade to a JD in three years if things go well.... plus re-sale value has a lot to do with people's views on the machinery 10/15 years ago you couldnt give away a second hand zetor, now there re-sale value seems to be in line with other brands, from what i can see this is a newish tractor to the irish market.. and not a bad option for what the op is looking for

Just my taughts on it, not saying that this would be a good buy, buy surly it must be considered, I would love to get one out on demo for a week or two and put it through it's paces at least then you know or at least have an idea what your buying

I wouldn't look at it like that. In 2009, my next door neighbour bought a 90hp New Holland. In 2009, he traded it against a 105hp New Holland. His trade in allowance was about Eur1000 less than he paid for the 90hp tractor 9 years earlier. He paid Eur30k for it and got Eur29k of an allowance against the new tractor.

Not many people buy a tractor with the expectation that it will lose half its value within a few years. Your comparison with zetors isn't acurate. Cheaper zetors that were sold in Ireland in the 1970'2, 1980's and early 1990's depreciated fairly fast and even today do not command high money - even if the tractor has low hours. New zetors are proven machines, They command high prices, are reliable and have low depreciation rates for this reason.

The tractor that you link above is a generic tractor - there are other manufacturers building on the same platform (perhaps with slightly different panels and colours). But they all use the same low spec perkins engine. These tractors all market themselves in the same way - cheap.

Loads of people were taught an expensive lesson with these cheap tractors in the past. Many people learned that a low hours second hand tractor was a far better investment than a cheap, new tractor. You see, a lot of people bought these tractors with the same thoughts that you have - I'll drive this forever, I'll never need a bigger tractor. Farming practices change. Machines get bigger or require higher HP. If you have a tractor that has lost half its value in a short time, then your options to upgrade your tractor if you need to are limited unless you have deep pockets.

In my opinion, buying a tractor like this is madness. Buy a recognised brand new or secondhand and you will be assured of a proper price if you ever decide to trade it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭caseman

I might get shot for suggesting this but seen these recently and they look a good tractor, http://www.donedeal.co.uk/for-sale/tractors/4024124

View2-14842480.jpeg

price on them seems really good aswell, if i work out the exchange rates, it's a brand new tractor for 20-25k 100hp, perkins engine

Thing i like about them is that there fairly simple no massive on board computer that makes you feel like you need a degree in computer science to work!

Has anybody tried these out would liek to hear your taughts on them

I think the retail at 35000 euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

caseman wrote: »

so, a turkish made yoke licenced by valtra......

MMMMMmmmmmmmmm, and €35k ........they're avin' a TURKISH!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

We've a Kubota m108s and we're happy out with her. She's just above the 100hp mark and the father has never had as much praise for a yoke before :p

img1580py.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Conor556

caseman wrote: »

I dont think its worth the risk. my uncle recently bought a new zetor proxima 90 with a rossmore FL 60 loader with softride for about €43000 and I think the thread has gone offtrack the man is looking for advice on a tractor he wasnt looking for a discussion about these turkish heaps of ****! Back to the main topic you cant go 2 wrong with the TS new hollands or the 390ts and have a look around and see what good local new holland or massey dealers you have around for parts servicing ect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

personally i prefer tl new hollands but thats me.just a couple of notes on the vid.,is that a krone mower and wasnt he going awful slow or is that me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

the kubota sound like a good tractor, i have a 110-90- cheap parts, powerful, handy on diesel, basic but a good yoke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭iverjohnston

Hi, depends on your preference to be honest. All mainstream makers are pretty OK. Every make will have some small problem worth watching for, but I'll just mention the ones I actually have knowledge off. John Deere 6600,6800 etc are very good all round, hold their value really well. Drove a New Holland 8360 that was a smashing tractor, and very reliable. Ford 7840's are almost totally bullet proof, but perhaps better to avoid the SLE gearboxes. Have a 1983 Fiat 90-90, mechanically brilliant, could be fond of clutches if doing loader work. Cab rust a disaster for the older one's like mine. Also, if you are over 5 foot 10 in height, the cabs are tight, and you will be crouching down to see out the screen
    iver..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

13spanner wrote: »
    We've a Kubota m108s and we're happy out with her. She's just above the 100hp mark and the father has never had as much praise for a yoke before :p

img1580py.jpg

What's the tractor in the middle. Is it a mf 350 or a 362. Do u find it hard on fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭poor farmer

My choice out of that list would be the TS 115 ,hard to beat 6 cylinder for tanker work .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭13spanner

sea12 wrote: »
    What's the tractor in the middle. Is it a mf 350 or a 362. Do u find it hard on fuel.

Off the top of my head it's a MF 362, the neighbours one. Lovely little tractor. The far off MF was bought new in 1993, and is still almost perfect, it's a credit to the owner. If it's the Kubota you're asking about, then yes she's a winner when it comes to diesel, very economical. It has its ups and downs like any other one, but so far so good!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭flatout11

personally the masseys you mentioned are good straight tactors but if you want a bt of grip and stability on hilly grounfd with a tanker id pass on them , also there too dear for what they are, as regards the fiats the 100-90 is a good machine basic enough.
    personally from the list id prefer the ts115 will have tucks of power (get the turbo sle model), but you should be able to pick up a 7840 or 8340 fairly handy there is a lot of them knocking about, or you may find a 8160 or 8260 about well fit for work

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ShepStokes

I'm looking for a tractor circa 100HP with loader (ideally a Quicke). Had an NH TS80 on test but lacked a bit of power and seemed to have a light back end. I'm heading to Edinburgh in the next few weeks for work and wonder if anyone knows a reputable dealer. Any other suggestions regarding tractors I should look at or approaches I should take would be really welcome. Don't want to spend too much as tractor feed round bales to cattle and does max 100 hrs per year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭yellow50HX

ShepStokes wrote: »
    I'm looking for a tractor circa 100HP with loader (ideally a Quicke). Had an NH TS80 on test but lacked a bit of power and seemed to have a light back end. I'm heading to Edinburgh in the next few weeks for work and wonder if anyone knows a reputable dealer. Any other suggestions regarding tractors I should look at or approaches I should take would be really welcome. Don't want to spend too much as tractor feed round bales to cattle and does max 100 hrs per year

if its main working as a loader then maybe a SH digger would be better.

for the same money as a 20yo tractor you would get something with a heavy duty loader and power shuttle. cira 25k for a 100hp tractor and loader with those.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭tanko

Saw an 02 McCormick 100 hp with 5000 hours and a Quicke loader for €14K on donedeal last week. Dont know what kind of condition it was in but it sold very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

for what my opinion is worth, id go with the 4255 out of that selection. We have a 17 year old 4245, given very little trouble. Although I believe the earlier power shuttle models did give some bother.
    390T is a great machine, but are very overpriced. Also, they stopped making them 20 years ago, so a clean low hour tractor will be hard to find, and you will pay a premium price.

Fiat 90 series are one of the best models of tractors ever built! Big difference from the 80-90 to the 100-90. The 80-90 is 4 cylinder, 100-90 is 6. Bear in mind, when most 100-90s were bought, they were considered big tractors, and would have had a much harder life than an 80-90.

I have no experience with NH TS, lots of experience with the TL series. Bigger tractors than a 4255 or 390T, which are 4 cylinder, TS is 6.

for what my opinion is worth, id go with the 4255 out of that selection. We have a 17 year old 4245, given very little trouble. Although I believe the earlier power shuttle models did give some bother.
    390T is a great machine, but are very overpriced. Also, they stopped making them 20 years ago, so a clean low hour tractor will be hard to find, and you will pay a premium price.

Fiat 90 series are one of the best models of tractors ever built! Big difference from the 80-90 to the 100-90. The 80-90 is 4 cylinder, 100-90 is 6. Bear in mind, when most 100-90s were bought, they were considered big tractors, and would have had a much harder life than an 80-90.

I have no experience with NH TS, lots of experience with the TL series. Bigger tractors than a 4255 or 390T, which are 4 cylinder, TS is 6.

depends on the TS up to 110 are 4 pot, 115 onwards 6 pot.

tanko wrote: »
    Saw an 02 McCormick 100 hp with 5000 hours and a Quicke loader for €14K on donedeal last week. Dont know what kind of condition it was in but it sold very quickly.

like many other i have spent ages looking at this sized machine and pro's and con of each. went with a NH 7740 for the budget i had. if i was able to i would have gone with a TS100 (110) with power shuttle but they were out of my price range.

budget is very important for these types of tractors as if your doing low hours its hard to justify spending 20k for a decent one.

tractor around 10k with loader big enough for heavy bales are rough n ready,

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wessel3

from what you have listed OP. you have listed some of the collectable models with very good press and reputation. only thing I would say is they are expensive for what they are.
    I would recommend the following for what you are suggesting:
    ford 7840- https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/ford-newholland-7840/16520575
    mf 5455/65 https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-5455-/16371382   https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/07-massey-5465/16117753
    mf 6265 https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-6265/16462121 https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/2000-massey-ferguson-6265/14405016
    slightly older but still good. mf 3095~: https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-3095/16617327
    there are may more im sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Wessel3

forgot  JD 6410/ 6420/30 excellent machines

Wessel3 wrote: »
    forgot  JD 6410/ 6420/30 excellent machines

the 10 series were great 20/30 not so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Wessel3 wrote: »
    from what you have listed OP. you have listed some of the collectable models with very good press and reputation. only thing I would say is they are expensive for what they are.
    I would recommend the following for what you are suggesting:
    ford 7840- https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/ford-newholland-7840/16520575
    mf 5455/65 https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-5455-/16371382   https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/07-massey-5465/16117753
    mf 6265 https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-6265/16462121 https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/2000-massey-ferguson-6265/14405016
    slightly older but still good. mf 3095~: https://www.donedeal.co.uk/tractors-for-sale/massey-ferguson-3095/16617327
    there are may more im sure :)

I'd hope in the five years since this thread was started the op managed to find a suitable tractor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

tanko wrote: »

Have a 2006 McCormick cx105 de luxe cab here. Electronic shuttle. Some of the 105 and almost all the 90 and 100 have a manual shuttle.

Gave 17k Sterling 3 years ago for it with 3200 hours and a fresh mx loader

Advertisement