Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline Thread 15/10/2012 to 22/01/2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Go on Joe make it interesting get Ray D'Arcy and Danny Healy Rae on the line to continue their conversation

• Registered Users Posts: 14,254 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Joe is trying to make out that pressing the print icon is hard work :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What was that about a trolley full of food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

She had a bad line, she'll be back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Bad line!

Bingo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Mary and her trolley story have been shelved until Mary can treat her SHRILL voice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I hope she is disguising her voice. Otherwise she will be getting her P45 when she goes into work.

JM Skipton wrote: »
    Go on Joe make it interesting get Ray D'Arcy and Danny Healy Rae on the line to continue their conversation
    I heard Ray hung up? Is it available online?

Anything over 1 hr 15 minutes is inhuman to Joe

syklops wrote: »
    I hope she is disguising her voice. Otherwise she will be getting her P45 when she goes into work.

No need to disguise her voice with an accent like that it could be one of a hundred

• Advertisement

Jesus, If I rang up the national radio station while at work, to complain about my work hours I would be fired by the end of the call.

She is playing with fire.

Her attempts at suppressing her giggle is annoying too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Yakuza wrote: »
    You seem to have a real chip on your shoulder when it comes to junior doctors. What kind of justification can you have for a system that allows people to work ridiculously long hours during which life-or-death decisions might have to be made by someone who mightn't be operating anywhere near peak efficiency. Blithely stating "It's part of the training" doesn't wash with me. Training for what?

Maximum hours = maximum exposure to more events, situations, illness

That's the Historic reason

Why would you want an inferior system?

believe me, the current process washes out the whiners, they dont make it to surgical you will be glad to know, the seniors use the system to spot real talent

In times past, the Jr's wouldn't have gone on the airwaves to whine, they simply muscled on

Welcome to generation septic Tiger

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

my friend wrote: »
    how does that = you said the senior guy was asleep in bed ?

You must be an Irish journalist!
    Ok fair enough. You are the best pedant. I still contend that your argument about sleep deprivation being a good thing and being part of the training for doctors is wrong.

No need to disguise her voice it could be one of a hundred

Is there 100 Christines working in Irish hospitals who worked the same shift she said she worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

How come the government have all these restrictions against truck drivers and the limited numbers of hours they can drive, yet when it comes to junior doctors they don't give a toss? I don't think I'd want to be treated by somebody who's been working non-stop for days on end.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I heard Ray hung up? Is it available online?

Should be on the listen back section on Today FM website but he hinted that he mightn't let it be put up

withless wrote: »
    Ok fair enough. You are the best pedant. I still contend that your argument about sleep deprivation being a good thing and being part of the training for doctors is wrong.

so you have gone from misquoting me to attempting to insult me

as Joe would say, 'Well done, well done'

answer to your statement here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=82826808&postcount=10543

Over the last year listening to Joe, I think everyone in the country wants to work less hours and get more money

Should be on the listen back section on Today FM website but he hinted that he mightn't let it be put up
    Typical, Ray is such a gimp :mad:
    Just saw their player, it's a carbon copy of newstalks one. I'll check if it's up later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭softy2012

why the hell would anyone want to be a doc ??

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    Is there 100 Christines working in Irish hospitals who worked the same shift she said she worked?

see my edit and I doubt Christine is her real name

softy2012 wrote: »

Great money, getting to sleep with the hot interns, job for life, etc.

softy2012 wrote: »

they jump in head first at 17/18 years old

some ask why later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

What happened the woman with the trolley, Joe must've forgot her

€100,000 debt

he must be some lad for the sauce!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭AK333

FFS all these mammys and daddys ringing up about their poor babies. 26 year olds!!! They need to grow up

Time is running out for Trolley Woman

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

my friend wrote: »
    Maximum hours = maximum exposure to more events, situations, illness

That's the Historic reason

Why would you want an inferior system?

believe me, the current process washes out the whiners, they dont make it to surgical you will be glad to know, the seniors use the system to spot real talent

In times past, the Jr's wouldn't have gone on the airwaves to whine, they simply muscled on

Welcome to generation septic Tiger

I can see where you're coming from now, but I still maintain that there must be a way to get experience without having to work 36 hours straight, several times a week. I know from my own experience that stuff I learn at the beginning of a work day or a study session has a much greater chance of sticking in the auld noggin rather than stuff I come across at the end of such a session.

depressed alcoholic whiner on Line 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

deadly a pessimist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement