Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway gay bars

Options
  • 11-10-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Heading to galway for weekend. any one know if wildes still open or any club nites on fri/sat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ratac

Tis closed now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Wildes closed in the last couple of weeks. Dignity is open at weekends. It's on shop street beside Easons.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

that's a pity galway is left with no gay bar again.
    will definitely check out dignity
    thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I know, Wildes was my local when I lived in Galway. I miss the place and planned to head down some night when I got the chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

I knew wildes was gone but I didn't know dignity was open on weekends? Never had been to either.

• Advertisement

Were are you from 1Z? You should pop in to Dignity after 11 on a Friday some weekend, before the students leave for christmas. Can be a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Wildes closed!! :( Oh no, i never heard :( Can't believe there's no where in Galway now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Itzy wrote: »
    Were are you from 1Z? You should pop in to Dignity after 11 on a Friday some weekend, before the students leave for christmas. Can be a bit of fun.

It was closed until recently so I didn't pay any sort of attention to it. Ah sure why not, no harm checking it out one of the nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭apache

Galway is such a great city. I used to go there a lot but granted its been about 2 years since i've been. Used to head once a month at least. Oh the brilliant memorys of stranos and i think we headed to a club called liquid in salthill the odd time.

Have relatives there so used to stay with them and there was a nice lesbian run b+b there whose owners were great and used to come out with us. Used to kick the galway diamonds ass in footie :)

Pity the gay bars don't stay open long but then again its such a great spot that i love my regular haunts of the "straight" bars too.

Must go back soon.
    Anyone any idea why gay bars close fairly quickly in such a busy city? I'm stumped but maybe its because a lot of the bars are alternative anyway?

apache wrote: »
    Anyone any idea why gay bars close fairly quickly in such a busy city? I'm stumped but maybe its because a lot of the bars are alternative anyway?

Hard to keep anything up and running these days. If you're into your alternative beers, I'd suggest the Salthouse. Roisin Dubh for a good night otherwise.

• Advertisement

We should organize a Boardies night out in Galway soon if there's enough interest???? :)

Most of the boards LGBT contingent are on the east coast, I'm sure we can organise something.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I'll be heading to the next Outwest disco in Galway:

http://www.outwestireland.ie/nextdisco.htm.

If you're worried that we arrange a boards meet up but then everyone pulls out (which has happened once or twice now) going to this means those who haven't pulled out will still have something to go to as it were.

I'll be making a thread about it closer to the day anyway.

I'll be heading to the next Outwest disco in Galway:

http://www.outwestireland.ie/nextdisco.htm.

If you're worried that we arrange a boards meet up but then everyone pulls out (which has happened once or twice now) going to this means those who haven't pulled out will still have something to go to as it were.

I'll be making a thread about it closer to the day anyway.

Thanks for posting about this Aurongroove :) I haven't been to any of the outwest events before, what kind of age group do they normally attract??? If you don't mind me asking :)

Thanks for posting about this Aurongroove :) I haven't been to any of the outwest events before, what kind of age group do they normally attract??? If you don't mind me asking :)

I'd just say, "throw caution to the wind and go for the fun of it". The best nights out always come from that philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Burnafaunia

We should definitely try and organise a bi group in the west. Not everyone can get to Dublin

We should definitely try and organise a bi group in the west. Not everyone can get to Dublin

I agree :) Where are you based Burnafaunia?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I agree :) Where are you based Burnafaunia?? :)

Take discussions on bi groups to the relevant thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

In Westport there were a good number of older men, with just about 'enough' younger guys. perhaps 70/30

In Galway optimistically I imagine there will be quite a lot of students (thus younger men) and quite a bigger number of people attending in general too.

So all ages I guess. excluding under 18s obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I just checked out their website outwestireland.ie and the photo gallery of the different nights out seems to give a good idea of the age profiles of guys you'd see, I guess. It looks like everyone is having a blast in them. Might be worth taking a trip over to Galway for the next night out in November to visit our western cousins and get away from the repetitive Dublin scene!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Burnafaunia

<Snip>

Mod Note: You were told to take it to the relavent thread and no posting mobile numbers please.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Hamhide

Me and my fella just moved to galway last month.I dont know any spots here yet but i'll deffo be up for a boards night out.Pity there seems to be only 1 lgbt bar :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 oddsoxrocks

Can anyone confirm if Dignity really is open on the weekends? Every time I pass by it seems to be closed. Also does anyone know of any other Gay nights going on around the place? I heard rumors that the Cellar had started one.

There may not be any gay bars (would some entrepreneurial person please replicate the Front Lounge, Dublin in Galway) :D But I can recommend Naughton's, the Salthouse or KRCMA Slavaic pub in Salthill, Its got pool and pitchers... so you know it makes sense! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭lazorgirl

Can anyone confirm if Dignity really is open on the weekends? Every time I pass by it seems to be closed. Also does anyone know of any other Gay nights going on around the place? I heard rumors that the Cellar had started one.

There may not be any gay bars (would some entrepreneurial person please replicate the Front Lounge, Dublin in Galway) :D But I can recommend Naughton's, the Salthouse or KRCMA Slavaic pub in Salthill, Its got pool and pitchers... so you know it makes sense! :cool:

dignity wasnt open saturday night 2 weeks ago. the cottage and blue note generally have a good mixed crowd too. havent heard about any other gay nights around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

There is an LGBT event this Weekend in Galway at the Commercial Boat Club in Woodquay for Halloween...

DJ Cian Lally, DJ Karo, DJ Tonic and Alecia Karr (aka Pink Tribute Act).

Starts at 11pm on Friday (according to Facebook anyways) and ends at 2am on Monday (also according to Facebook)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭i_steal_sheep

Davyhal wrote: »
    Starts at 11pm on Friday (according to Facebook anyways) and ends at 2am on Monday (also according to Facebook)

Berlin Style:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gbar galway

hi guys jst to let ye know there is a new gay bar opening on the 30th nov and we are looking into holdin student nights on a weekly basis its a revamp of a venue total facelift inside and out and it will be the spot to go to !!! we will be offering a fresh new venue with a very up to date decor and very 2012 lots of drink promos to be had on a weekly basis

• Registered Users Posts: 6 1980x

No gay bars open have been living in galway with boyfriend moved there and no gay bars where open and two and a half years have seen them come and go the gay scene here is so Bad if ur in a relationship they just try to come between u have meat some friends here well I thought they where friends don't think it will be long before the G bar and Buddha club galway newest Gay bar will close.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

1980x wrote: »
    No gay bars open have been living in galway with boyfriend moved there and no gay bars where open and two and a half years have seen them come and go the gay scene here is so Bad if ur in a relationship they just try to come between u have meat some friends here well I thought they where friends don't think it will be long before the G bar and Buddha club galway newest Gay bar will close.

Um.. okay.

Where will the new gay bar be? Hopefully this one will stick around a bit longer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 1980x

Not sure yet it on Facebook g bar and Buddha club.

Advertisement