Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula 1 2012: Round 16 - Korean Grand Prix

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

Alonso has the look of a man that knows its over for the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭_rebelkid

So when does the race sta....... oh. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Congrats to Redbull, no can do have to give them respect, how they overcome obstacles and now scored 3rd win in a row. Top team really. ie Adrian Newey was walking on a grid before the race and looking at others cars designs!
    It's boring success tho because Webber is simply not championship capable driver.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Don't think those prolonged yellows at the start helped the race. Not a fan of babysitting tyres, prefer to have more durable tyres and let them race as fast as they can for the full race distance.

Another poor showing from McLaren in terms of Hamilton's performance. Lotus not up to much either.

Apparently, Sam Michael informed Lewis about rear suspension failure, but said it was fine to drive on. So that may have been the cause of Lewis' dreadful race.

Looks like the 2 stops were a bit of a stretch for RBR, they were worried about critical failure for Seb within 2 laps, told him on L52.

Great race for STR, 8 and 9 so good points.

Best overtake had to be Hulkenberg. Around Grosjean AND Hamilton through T4/5.

Kobayashi's crash into Button was the same, if not worse than what Romain did last weekend. He didn't even look around him let alone infront of him.

Only Maldonado and Karthikeyan went for 1-stops, finished 14th and 20th.

Cameras didn't catch Kovalainen running through the grass at pit-in. Still a trick entry even after moving the wall back 6 feet.

Looking at India, it will really be a 2 horse, or 1 Horse 1 Bull, race.

• Advertisement

Final Timing Sheet

A5JzzP8CIAAyU0R.png

Lap Chart

A5J0X4JCEAAvpZL.png

Speed Trap Figures.

A5J0NhACEAAAM2_.png

Weather at Mokpo.

A5J1o4hCcAEFwUl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I take it Vettel won??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

There should be much harsher penalties for taking other drivers out of the race.

Autosport wrote: »
    I take it Vettel won??

Yes. And more than likely, he won the Championship as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So I missed a great race so, how was Alonso? Did he give evil looks ?? Damn I miss watching the races :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Yes. And more than likely, he won the Championship as well :)

Not really, he only has a small lead, he needs to keep his form up now.

_rebelkid wrote: »
    Apparently, Sam Michael informed Lewis about rear suspension failure, but said it was fine to drive on. So that may have been the cause of Lewis' dreadful race.

You could see the car shuddering and trying to weave on the straights, a long time even before DC and Edwards noticed it. It was pretty obvious something wasn't right.

You could see the car shuddering and trying to weave on the straights, a long time even before DC and Edwards noticed it. It was pretty obvious something wasn't right.

Ya, he was doing a little steering wheel wiggle before T1 and T2, struggling to hold the breaks and the suspension on the deceleration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Total snorefest again. Flashes of excitement, but nothing in any way worthy of getting outta bed for.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Total snorefest again. Flashes of excitement, but nothing in any way worthy of getting outta bed for.

Most exciting part was a piece of astroturf. Twitter conversations were the best. Apparently, alot of the journo's in the media centre fell asleep :)

GarIT wrote: »
    Not really, he only has a small lead, he needs to keep his form up now.

Looking at the cars form, and the fact that Nando is banking on them having a bad weekend for his challenge, it looks nearly all sorted. Only big variable is Austin. India, Abu Dhabi and Sao Paulo are good for both cars, so it really comes down to the conditions and development.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,672 ✭✭✭Oblomov

LOL

After "Kobayashi hit me, what an idiot,"

Tje most exciting part was Eddie Jordan blaming Button for not qualidying in a higher position. Then Kobayashi would not have hit him.

DUH

Nearly fell off chair laughing.... Is Eddie trying to exceed Chatty Walker for silly comments?

• Advertisement

When they reviewed all of Grosjeans incidents :eek: Some amount of them when you line them all up beside each other

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

2 races since lewis signed for merc. Strange failures in both races..... just saying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Anti-roll bar failure wrecked Lewis's race.

So for 3 races in a row, Lewis has had problems with his car. Gearbox in Singapore, rear suspension in Japan and a rear anti-roll bar this weekend in South Korea, and other problems throughout the year.

Hamilton has been superb this year, and McLaren have left him down an awful lot.

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Anti-roll bar failure wrecked Lewis's race.

So for 3 races in a row, Lewis has had problems with his car. Gearbox in Singapore, rear suspension in Japan and a rear anti-roll bar this weekend in South Korea, and other problems throughout the year.

Hamilton has been superb this year, and McLaren have left him down an awful lot.

I'd say he can't wait to get into Schumachers car :o From one fast bucket of bolts into a slow bucket of bolts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'd say he can't wait to get into Schumachers car :o From one fast bucket of bolts into a slow bucket of bolts

Just look at McLaren. Build cars quick enough to win races, but can't win championships.

When I heard that Lewis was off to Mercedes, I was very apprehensive initially, and to a certain degree, I still am, but I think he did the right thing.

It will be a fresh challenge for Lewis at Mercedes, and I think it will be successful. McLaren have left him down for years.

Just look at McLaren. Build cars quick enough to win races, but can't win championships.

When I heard that Lewis was off to Mercedes, I was very apprehensive initially, and to a certain degree, I still am, but I think he did the right thing.

It will be a fresh challenge for Lewis at Mercedes, and I think it will be successful. McLaren have left him down for years.

Honestly, I agree too it was the right thing to do. How many more titles is he to wave goodbye to because of reliability/team errors etc. I know he's no angel, but this season he's been absolutely on it & had he have been driving a Ferrari he'd be well up there with Alonso for points.

Though its gonna be a mountain to climb in Merc, that car is nowhere near a title contender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

McLaren have left him down for years.

Mercedes have let Michael down for the last 3 years. Michael's days at Ferrari showed how he could help turn a slow car into a fast one. Lewis thinks he can help turn the team around! ha.

Mercedes have been the biggest failure in F1 in recent years (considering budget, resources and personnel).

Best of luck with that Lewis. :D

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Mercedes have been the biggest failure in F1 in recent years (considering budget, resources and personnel).

Best of luck with that Lewis. :D

Schumacher aside, its hard to disagree with that. They've made virtually no progress in three seasons, & now have Sauber & Force India breathing down their necks too.

I can see Lewis getting frustrated at yet more time wasted, & maybe moving to RB if Vettel ever moves to Ferrari

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Rascasse

SnowDrifts wrote: »

One word: Toyota.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Rascasse wrote: »
    One word: Toyota.

and BMW

Advertisement