Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads, how much do you spend on haircuts? (on average)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I used to pay €19 for a wash and cut but recently I've found somewhere that does a much better job for €14. I get it cut every three weeks. I used to wait a month but it starts to look crap after a couple of weeks, especially with the style I have now (short and spiked up).

Years ago I used to have long hair. I saved money on haircuts but used a lot more shampoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

I spend between 10-15 euro every month, though sometimes i'll get 6 weeks out of a cut!

I've been cutting hair for my mates since college days! Group of 3-4 who have barely paid for a cut in the last 6 yrs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

I generally pay 25 every 6-7 weeks, though this month ive been trying to see if i can do a little bit of cutting myself of the top, in my vain days of highlights it used to be 80 every 5 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Need a poll option for €0 per month.

I've my hair in a ponytail reaching the middle of my back and still going.

Ye're all jealous of my luscious locks, admit it!

I used to think the same (when my hair was wet it was just passing my waist), but then realised i was jealous of all the other lads only having to spend 5 minutes in the shower in the morning! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Lads, barbers or salon?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Lads, barbers or salon?

I like the saloon in armadillo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

I cut it myself ... just a mach 3 all over

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

22 euro every few months. Nice bitta coffee and a bar during it too. Keep going back because they do it well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

bought a clippers today and shaved my head... not entirely sure I did it right, I just hope that people are polite enough not to point it out to me if I didn't.

laugh behind my back please people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

bought a clippers today and shaved my head... not entirely sure I did it right, I just hope that people are polite enough not to point it out to me if I didn't.

laugh behind my back please people.

Give it five mins then guess with your hand. You'll get used to it eventually!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

22 euro every few months. Nice bitta coffee and a bar during it too. Keep going back because they do it well.

I hope by bar you mean a free pint for that money!

Funglegunk wrote: »
    Give it five mins then guess with your hand. You'll get used to it eventually!

that's what i'm hoping, not expecting the first few to be perfect but i'll get accustomed to it eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

6 Euros every month.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Black Leather

I haven't cut my hair in the past 6 years and I intend to let it grow. I do save money on haircuts, but probably spend more on shampoo and other hair products.

skin on the back of my neck cleared up after I put a bit of coconut oil on it and waited. once it wasn't red and angry looking anymore i was able to see I shaved it properly after all. marvellous

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

About 30 in a Turkish barbers once every 6 months or so, just when I start looking like a hunger striker...

Dean09 wrote: »
    €14 every 2 weeks.
    My hair grows like wildfire. If I leave it for 3 weeks I look like a reject from the Jackson 5.

A mile better than looking like a one direction reject!

Starting to need a haircut badly at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

€10 every 2 weeks! Going grey so I try keep it nice and short :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Ush1 wrote: »

I hope by bar you mean a free pint for that money!
    You can get a glass of wine if you want

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I pay nothing for my haircuts. The missus gets the electric razor out every 2 weeks and it's back to stubble heaven.

Occasionally, I go for a shave of the facial fuzz which is all hot towels and very relaxing for £12 a pop. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i buy a new razor every 4 or 5 years for about $70-80, that's about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Nothing. One of my best friends is a barber, I built him a bike and do any maintenance on it for him, he cuts my hair for free. When he's not around I have another friend that cuts her own hair and is fairly competent for a quick trim, also free.

If I somehow fell out with those too or moved away and wasn't able to make friends with any other barber I'd probably just buy an electric razor. No way I'd go spending 10-15euro every month or so.

IPAM wrote: »
    €10 every 2 weeks! Going grey so I try keep it nice and short :o

Always better to be going grey than bald IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

€11 every 3 months = €3.66 per month.

There are some barbers nearby who do €8 deals but i'm used to going to the one place and they always cut it the same, consistency is important in a barbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

1ZRed wrote: »
    Always better to be going grey than bald IMO.

Definitely! I don't really mind the grey hair, as long as I keep it short and tidy it's grand :) let it go long and it feels like a wire brush and looks terrible!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

My OH does it for me and has done for some years now ,saves me a quite a few bob to.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Real Life

I spend nothing because my aunt is a hairdresser and does it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

skin on the back of my neck cleared up after I put a bit of coconut oil on it and waited. once it wasn't red and angry looking anymore i was able to see I shaved it properly after all. marvellous

Sir, I would urge you to 'tarry a while' before moving up to my own weapon of choice, The K-Tel Bottle Cutters, a lethal weapon in the hands of the inexperienced DIY Barber. It's as well that you've decided to move up through the gears, so to speak, for you would have something more serious to complain of than a red and angry looking neck. It is my considered opinion that your head would now be severed from your neck.
    I would recommend a strong unguent for your current piffling distress.
    Count yourself lucky.
    Good day to you Sir!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Festy wrote: »
    Around 3 fiddy.

****ing ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Last time I had a haircut was August 2011, was the second last time I shaved too. When I did get haircuts it was 5 euro

Advertisement