Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lads, how much do you spend on haircuts? (on average)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bought a good razor in boots years back. Cut it every six weeks or whenever it starts getting ridiculous. Haven't paid someone to cut my hair since 2002.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lately i spend a tenner every 2-3 weeks getting a grade 1 all over, however long that is

going to get a wahl razor..thing soon and just do it myself

*sigh*

I miss my long hair

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Plumpynutt

About €30 a year, (2 haircuts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭kevc2

€14 a month

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Cut my own with a pair of scissors since college. First time I did it was in preparation for shaving it so I wasn't concerned if it looked awful but it was fine. People think it is difficult but it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,497 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I've been to a barber's once in my life. As a kid, a relative who was a barber used to come to our house and cut our hair for free (well, not the female members of the family). Then, when I became one of those rebellious teenagers, I grew my hair long for many, many years. When I eventually cut it all off, I did it myself and invested in a razor in Argos. €20, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Bought an electric razor a few years ago, has saved me hundreds of euros. Has caused myself and my barber to drift apart though. Oh Pete, we used to be such good friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

beks101 wrote: »
    Jesus, to be male.

I spend about $220 every 3 months or so, and then about $40 on a blowdry maybe once a fortnight.

And that's not bad by comparison to when I was doing the blonde thing, that was about $250 every six weeks or so.

I should shave my head.

How can you spend so much? :eek:

I haven't had my hair cut since January, and that cost 45 Euro.

I don't believe for a second that you need to spend that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Scortho wrote: »
    9 euro student cut in the Grafton Barber every six weeks or so!
    They do unreal haircuts! Hate coming in after the 12 though!

Used to do that. Untill last summer, they had that as an all day thing, 9 euro for students. When they brought in the before 12 thing, I stopped going to them. Havent been back since. Another in Blackrock does it for 9 and is much better craic than Grafton Barbers, and to be honest, a haircut thats even better.

So 9 every 4 weeks or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 bettyswollocks

I spend zero on haircuts because I cut my own with an electric job. The trick is to keep it short and not go crazy with the screen size, number 3 blade to start.

That saves a few quid each month, but then again I am tighter than 2 coats of paint. Hey, I even re-use tea bags.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

I'm bald :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Nothing....my Mammy cuts mine still :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

free :D my girlfriend does it
    but she f*cks eh up everytime
    how can you mess up shaving someones head
    prefer to pay been honest

• Registered Users Posts: 33,349 ✭✭✭✭Penn

€10, maybe €12 every 6-8 weeks. I also don't tip barbers so that tends to save a few euro too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,147 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

11 euro + 1 tip = 12 maybe 5-6 times per year.

So 6 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

€14 every 2 weeks.
    My hair grows like wildfire. If I leave it for 3 weeks I look like a reject from the Jackson 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Dancor

Nothing, my best friend is a barber.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

A lot of my school friends are so bald that nowadays all they need is a damp cloth, but I still have a good head of snow-white hair.:)

One of my regular pleasures is to drop into an ilusalong (beauty parlour) once a month or so in Tallinn. A very nice lady there, a Russian-born widow, gives me a shampoo, haircut and head massage and also does my eyebrows ("You don't want to look like Brezhnev, do you?") and trims any hair she detects in my ears and nose.:D

That costs me €10, but I give her €15, because it would cost me €30 in Helsinki.

I'm the last of the big spenders.;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭le la rat

Once every 2 months for 10 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I get my hair cut when i need it.. depending where i am depends on price.. I likve the lady who cuts my hair shes fricken eld one sexy :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I get my hair cut once per year (whether I need it or not).

@ $0.83 per month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

€4.95 every 6 to 8 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

:eek:

You know you don't have to do this?!

I usually gauge it by how long it takes to shower - if'm spending more time on my mop than the rest of myself, it's off to the barber i go!

I time my haircut by my balls.

hmm ...haircuts a bit overdue by the looks of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

bought a clippers about 10 yrs ago.
    Haven't spent a penny on haircuts since

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭sheehan12

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

I used to love going to get my haircut. The girl (even though I'm pretty sure she was a lesbian) used to wash the hair before cutting it and was all touchy feely and stroking my head and stuff. I called it hair sex. She even trimmed the middle of my unibrow. And she never talked sh*t. She took care of me you know, I was in love with her.

Now to save money my girlfriend cuts my hair. Really badly. Every single time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

€15 every 4 weeks. €12 for the hair and a €3 tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Rigol wrote: »
    I time my haircut by my balls.

hmm ...haircuts a bit overdue by the looks of it.

That's great. So you can tell if you have an erection just by looking in the shaving mirror!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

about a tenner every 2-3 months. i like my hair to grow a little bit before getting a trim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 jlacey

that's good value

Advertisement