Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raheny 5 mile Jan 27

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    Killerz wrote: »
    Pulled myself together for the uphill and then sucked up that last half mile or so into the wind to take me home in 29:13. By the looks of some previous posts here, i finished in and around a few boardsies.

I'm guessing this is you?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterm7/8420010891/in/set-72157632621783395/

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭breffni blue

4 stars (good)
    34.25 for me, knocked over two mintues off last year's time.............definetly one of the best races in Ireland....looking forward to the 30th next year

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

4 stars (good)
    As a first-timer running this race, I was delighted with my time. Knocked 3 min off my PB :)

Given the atrocious weather conditions I experienced on the way to Raheny I was delighted when the sun decided to shine for the duration of the race itself. The wind I had to contend with the wind on the Howth Road didn't bother me in the least. As I generally run in the Clontarf area wind is nothing new to me.

The goodie bag was also a major bonus (by far and away the best I've got at any race) as was the free tea, coffee, choc bars and bikkies in the hall afterwards.

Very friendly atmosphere. I definitely hope to take part in the Raheny 5 again next year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

I have put some photos up from yesterday's race here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86489211@N00/sets/72157632624429331/

More to follow this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,596 ✭✭✭✭walshb

My friend ran 28 flat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭TrevorC

3 stars (average)
    Great Race :pac:

Pity about the weather :eek:

New PB for me: 33:13 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

murphd77 wrote: »
    Results showing my clock time and chip time the same - so off by some 1:40 or so.:confused: Anyone know if there's a way to correct this?

Me too! I think it happens when your chip only registers on the second mat, not the first, so you just get your gun time. I emailed TDS timing, but not really sure what they can do after the event.

I knew a few people who started with me, so i just looked at the gap between their gun & chip time (30 secs) and just knocked that off my own gun time.

It's disappointing but it happens, unfortunately.

Drop TDS an email anyway, it's worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

4 stars (good)
    Will do - I started with a friend too, and timed with my own Garmin, so happy enough that I have a resonably accurate time. Have emailed them though - would be nice to have the official record corrected, especially when it's a three minute PB!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 QandA

4 stars (good)
    Great day, great race but weather could have been worse - well done to all. Delighted with my time of 34:01 :-)

Well done to everyone who helped organize the day as well - best organized race around! It was my first race in Raheny Shamrock colours so well proud to be associated! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 QandA

4 stars (good)
    eoinín wrote: »
    I have put some photos up from yesterday's race here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86489211@N00/sets/72157632624429331/

More to follow this evening.

Thansk Eoin - great photos. Hope to see you back in the game soon! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭eoinín

QandA wrote: »
    Thansk Eoin - great photos. Hope to see you back in the game soon! :-)

Cheers! All I need is a lower back transplant and I'll be making my return! Well done yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭bobsman

Hi folks, anyone have a link to the results on Sunday?? cannot find one anywhere, cheers:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

bobsman wrote: »
    Hi folks, anyone have a link to the results on Sunday?? cannot find one anywhere, cheers:D

Mod: thread merged as there are results in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

4 stars (good)
    bobsman wrote: »

results are here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Will do - I started with a friend too, and timed with my own Garmin, so happy enough that I have a resonably accurate time. Have emailed them though - would be nice to have the official record corrected, especially when it's a three minute PB!

They've updated mine! Yay! 34.51

4 stars (good)
    HelenAnne wrote: »
    They've updated mine! Yay! 34.51

Mine too - 38:26. However I think this is too generous - I measured it myself at 38:39. I think I'll stay with my own timing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

eoinín wrote: »
    Cheers! All I need is a lower back transplant and I'll be making my return! Well done yesterday!

Is there a shortlist for lower back transplants? I could probably join you on that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

RayCun wrote: »

In the orange, 327, Annette Kealy on the left of pic, yes. Are you in the pic?

Edit: i see you are 912 after looking at the results!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Anyone know if historical results are available? I could only see back to 2007 on the site, I know I ran it at least once in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭TrevorC

3 stars (average)
    Anyone know where i would get a pdf file for the results ?

• Advertisement

4 stars (good)
    TrevorC wrote: »
    Anyone know where i would get a pdf file for the results ?

Yes - go to http://www.tds-live.com and register (it's a bit tricky because the site's in italian but not that hard.) Then it will allow you to download results, in pdf format.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭donal7

4 stars (good)
    Great race. Beat my PB so delighted with that :D

Just wondering with regards to the winners from the below website:
    http://www.tds-live.com/ns/index.jsp?login=&password=&is_domenica=-1&nextRaceId=&dpbib=&dpcat=&dpsex=&serviziol=null&servizio=000&pageType=1&id=5132&locale=2057

Did 2 lads finish in 17mins odd or was that a mistake? I saw the Independent and they had Joe Sweeney down as winning it.

4 stars (good)
    donal7 wrote: »
    Did 2 lads finish in 17mins odd or was that a mistake? I saw the Independent and they had Joe Sweeney down as winning it.

5 miles in 17 mins? :) I think you answered your own question there.

5 miles in 17 mins? :) I think you answered your own question there.

Steve Austin could do it in 17 mins :D

See how many people recognise that name now? (Showing my age)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

RedRunner wrote: »
    Steve Austin could do it in 17 mins :D

See how many people recognise that name now? (Showing my age)

Everybody knows Stone Cold

Doubt he could run 5 miles in 17 minutes though...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

4 stars (good)
    They should play that music at the finish line of races - but would everyone speed up or slow down?

edited to add - That's not Steve Austin
    This is Steve Austin

They should play that music at the finish line of races - but would everyone speed up or slow down?

This is Steve Austin

Brilliant!...I've been watchin old episodes of it recently which is why it was in my head. Acting was so bad and only realising now as an adult how many double entendres there were in it, almost James Bondish at times.

In the doctors surgery now hoping he's about to tell me " We can rebuild you. You will be stronger, faster...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

This is Steve Austin

:rolleyes: Maybe for the like of you and digger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

3 stars (average)
    Stone Cold Stunner as Steve Austin wins prestigious 5 mile race in World Record 17 minute time.

The former WWF Superstar, completed the race with an average pace of 3 minutes and 26 seconds per mile.

A Stunned Raheny resident had this to say,

'I'm stunned'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

4 stars (good)
    Sorry there's only one Steve Austin and he's not a wrestler.

Is the bald lad a wrestler by the way? He's got the grimace of one.

Advertisement