Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes or Sneakers ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gaziah

awec wrote: »
    The brown shoes that look sort of like brown trainers are a pet hate of mine. Stuff like this:

860710745_260.jpg
    My Dad has a pair of them:o At least he does'nt go clubbing.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I really don't like shoes, especially those Rumplestiltskin ones, ugly fucking things.

LOL, you've just described the type of shoes I wear!! I like wearing pointed shoes at work and cowboy boots outside of work. I just like that style. For some reason, the cowboy boots generate a lot of comments (even from strangers). I sometimes get slagged but more often than not, complimented on them. I'm not a trainers/sneakers fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Runners most of the time, shoes only for work or something formal.

Thread could do with a poll.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Trainers

• Registered Users Posts: 20,673 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

gaziah wrote: »
    My Dad has a pair of them:o At least he does'nt go clubbing.:pac:

Brilliant my dad has them to :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

Campers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

+ 1 for campers. Have four pairs in various styles ranging from shoes to high top trainers.

As for nights out, trainers all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Dubes...

215_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Originally Posted by blaze99 viewpost.gif
    boats shoes are the way to go

seachto7 wrote: »
    An absolute NO NO. Girls are wise to hipsters, and girls don't like them........

Are you being sarcastic?confused.png Do hipsters wear boat shoes now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Campers

They are expensive, but last for ages, well worth the money I think...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Eileen Down

Campers ain't cheap but they last for years and they're gorgeous. I have one pair now that are almost three years old and still look great and I have walked miles and miles and miles in them.
    You can find some bargins on ebay and if you're ever in Spain around the time of the sales, you could pick up a pair for as little as fifty euros.

Originally Posted by blaze99 viewpost.gif
    boats shoes are the way to go

Are you being sarcastic?confused.png Do hipsters wear boat shoes now?

They do indeed. Not the dubes though, they seem to be exclusively for Irish rugger jocks. Most "Tory folk" bands would wear the boat shoes....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I woulda thought they wore loafers or something non-mainstream. Interesting.

Those hipsters are something of a puzzlement to me, lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Runners for me all the time. I own only one pair of shoes, kind of winter rain proof ones, hate them because they are so heavy... but proved to be useful with the snow. Didn't fall on the ice or frost at all :D
    yabadabado wrote: »
    I like wearing runners but its a bitch if you get stopped going into a pub/club because you don't have shoes on.
    +1 Bouncers.... :mad:

Pubs that stop you for wearing trainers, I think, are pubs you don't want to go near anyways.... pretentious sh*t boxes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Not that I particularly care (as in it wouldn't make a difference in terms of a guy I'd like) but I think if you're going out to a club it's nice to put in the effort and wear a pair of nice shoes. You don't see too many girls wearing old runners to clubs :pac:

I suppose. I don't go to nightclubs, so I wouldn't know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Not that I particularly care (as in it wouldn't make a difference in terms of a guy I'd like) but I think if you're going out to a club it's nice to put in the effort and wear a pair of nice shoes. You don't see too many girls wearing old runners to clubs :pac:

you can still look good in runners though, I dont think any clubs stop people for wearing runners anymore, fashions change, and they're probably just glad for the business. If you're wearing a pair of actual Nike running shoes is one thing, a decent pair of classic adidas or skechers something is pretty common to see on nights out and bouncers wouldnt care. Must have a suiting up night soon they're always a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

krudler wrote: »
    you can still look good in runners though, I dont think any clubs stop people for wearing runners anymore, fashions change, and they're probably just glad for the business. If you're wearing a pair of actual Nike running shoes is one thing, a decent pair of classic adidas or skechers something is pretty common to see on nights out and bouncers wouldnt care. Must have a suiting up night soon they're always a laugh.

Ironically, I find it's not the so called pretentious or trendy clubs that have a no trainers policy but the clubs in rougher areas that draw a dodgier crowd that seem to have such policies. You then have the skanger types turning up in those places in cheap 10 euro Penneys shoes....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

Just for the record...sneakers are hot footwear. Well cons style ones anyway.

And any establishment that doesn't allow them is not an establishment I'd like to go to.

• Advertisement

ongarboy wrote: »
    Ironically, I find it's not the so called pretentious or trendy clubs that have a no trainers policy but the clubs in rougher areas that draw a dodgier crowd that seem to have such policies. You then have the skanger types turning up in those places in cheap 10 euro Penneys shoes....

come to Limerick, see guys in tracksuit pants and black shoes, and no I'm not joking.

That's true! I must say a love a guy in a nice pair of jeans, shirt and nice shoes. Or a man who suits up :cool: But you're right, there's a difference between wearing an actual pair of running shoes and nice fashionable sneakers and the latter looks fine. I do see a lot of guys on nights out wearing 10 year old scruffy runners though

• Administrators Posts: 53,585 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I don't get the Irish love of suits. In my experience the vast majority of Irish men are unable to buy suits that fit them. Always far too big and doesn't look good at all.

Really? Haven't noticed that. I love a man in a suit. Men in suits are instantly at least 50% hotter than they would be in normal clothes :pac:

Same with shirts. I know guys who go out every weekend and ALWAYS wear tshirts. Not scruffy tshirts now, but I just wonder why they don't they put on a nice buttoned up shirt because I know myself and most girls I know prefer a man who dresses up :cool:

• Administrators Posts: 53,585 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

I don't get the Irish love of suits. In my experience the vast majority of Irish men are unable to buy suits that fit them. Always far too big and doesn't look good at all.

This a million times, just because you wear a certain size in tshirts or jeans doesnt mean a similar size suit will fit you well. you wind up looking like you've borrowed your dads suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Vans-Checkerboard-Slip-On1.JPG

or

Nike%20Air%20Force%201%2007%20Low%20Mens%20Supreme%20white%20white%20315100%20111-500x500.jpg

The last paired were stolen by some c*nt two weeks ago and my vans are getting shabby and too small...lucky Limerick allows you wear any type of shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Usually wear shoes when I head out but they're not conservative shiney yokes. Don't think guys wear shiney black shoes with laces anymore really. Unless 50+ maybe!

Eh? by the way....'sneakers'?....like wow dude lets all totally talk like Americans! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

come to Limerick, see guys in tracksuit pants and black shoes, and no I'm not joking.
    Saw this one yesterday, tracksuit pants, runners, suit jacket, scarf, trying to look all trendy... bejaysus the things some do for fashion slavery ... :D

• Advertisement

I'm from Limerick, so I find it difficult to even call them "trainers", not to mind "sneakers". We call them "tackies"...........

Advertisement