Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help please

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

nuxxx wrote: »
    I deleted my post yet you still quoted it, thats bang out of order

I know. Shame on me. Imagine that, quoting something and replying to it on a forum. How dare I.

You saw how long my post was, right? I clearly wrote it while you were deleting it. You should delete your ninja posts quicker :P
    nuxxx wrote: »
    Every thread being turned into a how great the genesis is thing is seriously starting to grind my nuts on this forum

puking_rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

o1s1n wrote: »
    You saw how long my post was, right? I clearly wrote it while you were deleting it. You should delete your ninja posts quicker :P

Fair enough my bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

People will always disagree over games vids music etc

But ask yourselves this

If and when you die and are left in heaven/hell with one game to play for all eternity what would it be?

For me that will always be Boulder Dash and i will always fight for that game to be acknowledged

I will always respect others views and opinions even though i dont agree

As quoted

“I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers”

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If someone wants to stand on a street corner, in nothing but a pair of socks and a sandwich board, declaring the glory of the Megadrive, we let them.
    Generally speaking there is a similarly attired Snes fan around the next corner.

You have to travel someways before meeting an adherent to the cult of the CDi however, and most people don't believe they exist, and yet, somehow, we have one here....
    Not sure if we here in A&R should take it as a complement or hide our faces in shame...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Fukc this, I'm off to Jamma+

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, I'd report myself to myself but I'd only ban myself... you can go blind from banhammering yourself too much!

Lets all just take a deep breath... in....... out..... and get back to what this forum is really all about, the love of all things Arcade and Retro and the desire to undermine Retr0gamers opinion at every opportunity!

I mean, if he hasn't yet shagged off to Jamma+ after all we've said to him!

And, regarding the Megadrive, you'd hardly expect the mod of the Sega forum to root for the Snes, would you?

The 16bit wars had no victor, the competition on both sides was simply too good. It's the gaming equivalent of MAD {Mutually Assured Destruction}. Lets not fight that we have two of the best consoles ever made & fight over which is better, lets simply play & enjoy the fact that we have them. They're both as good as each other in different ways, & we're damned lucky. When you compare the diversity we had back then to that of today? Yeah, exactly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're all talking as if the PC-Engine never existed :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

22098765.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You're all talking as if the PC-Engine never existed :'(

Aye. Could it be argued the PCE was the more impressive machine when you look at the quality of it's arcade ports?

Remind me again - it's considered a 16-bit machine because of the 2 x 8-bit processors?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,052 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Aye. Could it be argued the PCE was the more impressive machine when you look at the quality of it's arcade ports?

Remind me again - it's considered a 16-bit machine because of the 2 x 8-bit processors?

It had an 8-bit processor but it 16-bit graphics processors. 8-bits don't mean anything really, the 8-bit processor was blisteringly fast and with the fantastic video architecture taking a huge load off of the CPU it was more than a match for the Megadrive and totally outpaced the SNES for sprite pushing. Anything that wasn't related to pushing sprites however was a bit more difficult to code which was a limitation of the system. It could display way more colours than the Megadrive as well. It's never a case of MHz ratings or 'bits', it's always a lot more complicated with different strengths and weaknesses.

The PC Engine had a decent library of games and some good arcade ports but it's no where near as good as the MD and SNES library especially since you need the CD add-on to get most of the best games on the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I must apologize for my aggressive style in my previous post, just finished a 9-7 day and wasn't in the best of form, not that its an excuse or anything. I feel pretty passionate about the amount of quality games on the snes and sometimes It comes out badly.

Sure thats only a half day in work!

taking a huge load

Like in prison!

Gotta love selective quoting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sparks43 wrote: »
    People will always disagree over games vids music etc

But ask yourselves this

If and when you die and are left in heaven/hell with one game to play for all eternity what would it be?

For me that will always be Boulder Dash and i will always fight for that game to be acknowledged

I will always respect others views and opinions even though i dont agree

As quoted

“I do not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

“Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers”

“It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong”

Jesus H Christ wtf was i drinking last night :eek:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Like in prison!

Gotta love selective quoting!

Speaking from experience there? :P
    Sparks43 wrote: »
    Jesus H Christ wtf was i drinking last night :eek:

Hopefully not retr0's "huge load". Well, unless that kind of thing floats your boat. :pac:

Nah it couldn't be, back in Cideys day offenders were shipped off to Australia :pac::pac:

**** ya'll I'm off to Jamma+

**** ya'll I'm off to Jamma+

This has now officially taken over from "So what is it?"

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

All this talk about Jamma+

What about poor old Jamma -5v?

If it's good enough for Raiden, then it's good enough for me.

By the way, everything I've said above was in jest. This is a troll thread afterall.

Excluding what I said about the MD of course. That is 100% fact. Anyone who disagrees is no longer welcome in the bustling Sega forum.

(By the way, all the active threads over there are set to private, that's why it looks like a ghost town - I only allow real Sega fans to view them.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Everyone's nice and polite and says nothing bad about anyone or anything over on Jamma+.
    They have a special on Irish and Irish based forum refuges over there at the moment :D

logowhite.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Steve SI wrote: »
    They have a special on Irish and Irish based forum refuges over there at the moment :D

logowhite.png

Indeed and it does, begorra and to be sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

What I've learned from this thread:

The megadrive is a blazing fast rocketship of amazingness.

Mustard is better than Sega.

The SNES has crap alternatives to Megadrive games.

Sparks is now a babbling religious maniac forcing people to turn to boulder dash

There is no such thing as a PC Engine

Ciderman is now blind from playing with his banhammer too much and likes to stand on soap boxes on street corners in the nip.

Ships of A&R refugees are seeking new land over on Jamma+

What I haven't learned from this thread:

HOW THE F*CK DO I PLAY ZELDA ON MY MASTER SYSTEM?!?!?!
    :mad:

o1s1n wrote: »
    All this talk about Jamma+

(By the way, all the active threads over there are set to private, that's why it looks like a ghost town - I only allow real Sega fans to view them.)

That new hardware in the SEGA dev thread is really looking good isnt it?

On the subject of Jamma + am I the only person whos not on that from here, I feel I'm missing out :(. I actually went to create an account today because I'm looking to get a pinball machine but I was so lazy I wasnt even bothered typing out my email and all that stuff

EnterNow wrote: »

Nah it couldn't be, back in Cideys day offenders were shipped off to Australia :pac::pac:

Sorry to correct you,
    But in my day folk were shipped off to colonise what eventually became Scotland!
    Good times!

And when did the whole standing on soap boxes in the nip come up?
    Who told you?
    I swear, it's the cold weather! It's normally much longer!
    My sermons that is, of course!

Advertisement