Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red-lipstick on a girl

Options
  • 03-10-2012 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Do you guys find that sexy?

I normally don't find Amanda Beard that hot but this photoset with Terry Richardson just kills me:

amber-heard-terry-richardsoni-0823-04-600x400.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

OK, well I'm about 99% sure that's Amanda Heard, an actress. Amanda Beard is a swimmer.

Personally, I'm not a massive fan of red lipstick, like that in the picture, on women. I'm not terribly against it either, but I prefer less bold shades.

For example, I think Amanda Heard looks better in this picture;

baja5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'm not a fan either.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Kev.OC wrote: »
    Personally, I'm not a massive fan of red lipstick, like that in the picture, on women. I'm not terribly against it either, but I prefer less bold shades.

baja5.jpg

Those are my sentiments exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,139 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Kev.OC wrote: »
    OK, well I'm about 99% sure that's Amanda Heard, an actress. Amanda Beard is a swimmer.

baja5.jpg
    FYL.

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Surely it all depends on tone right? Not that I'd know much about make up and colour usage for it, but I've always preferred women who use it subtly to compliment their tones/definition. In some instances though, something vibrant to stand out can work as well. But as for the example in OP, I just see a lot of white with red lips. Perhaps its the photo, but nothing really does it for me there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Red lip stick black hair, pale skin... Yes please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Snowie wrote: »
    I don't like bright red lipstick but I do think that pinup style is pretty cool looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

smash wrote: »
    I don't like bright red lipstick but I do think that pinup style is pretty cool looking.

Pin up is sexy.. To me when I see fake tan stupidly white teath and a duck faced pose that should be meet bye a shot gun like reaction... :pac:

Pink lipstick can work.... :cool: obviously if a woman can pull it off...

*Sniggers*

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Eh, lads... is her name not AMBER Heard?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

gatecrash wrote: »
    Yep...and i'm not a fan of red lipstick at all for some reason. Just looks kinda unnatural i think?

• Advertisement

I am not a fan of any artificial paste or goo being slapped on skin to change it's appearance at all to be honest, so red lip stick would be included in that.

I prefer the opposite sex to be entirely natural looking with no augmentation by such things.

Then again - they do say if you do make up correctly then it should look like you are not wearing any at all. A claim that for some reason makes sense - and makes no sense - to me at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Hate it! I think it's a fad that's outstayed it's welcome.

Red lipstick? I rarely but sometimes like it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I like it, generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

As a girl, I think she looks better in the first pic than the second. But everything is different - her hair style and colour, skin tone, make-up - not just the lipstick colour. :)

I'm generally a fan of red lipstick with pale skin and blonde hair.

Malari wrote: »

A lot of girls do. I wonder if it's another case of women dressing to impress other women.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

A lot of girls do. I wonder if it's another case of women dressing to impress other women.

Or dressing to please themselves I would say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

• Registered Users Posts: 16 selenawolf

Yea sorry for getting the names wrong. Amanda Beard to Amanda Heard to Amber Heard.:D

I guess that picture reminds me of a girl I know in Sweden. She's pretty but one day, she put on some makeup and with a bright red-lip stick. Boy , I couldn't stop looking at her.

Never been so compelled to look at a girl this much for a long-time:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Malari wrote: »

I love red lipstick and some people don't like it on me but it suits me and I like it so that's all that matters!

OT I don't know many girls who dress for other girls...

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

...son of a bitch. I know that. I know I know it, which makes it worse. I'm kicking myself for getting her name wrong.

I let myself down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Dead against red lipstick on a girl because it makes their teeth look yellow!
    That's a fact, unless they have bleached white teeth, with looks kinda crap either way, it won't make them look good. IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

have her biting said lip and well talk grrrraaaahhhh

Pembily wrote: »
    OT I don't know many girls who dress for other girls...
    Most fashions that are out, are horrible. Yet women buy them because they're popular. And their mates compliment them on it. But if you ask most men about the latest fad they probably won't like it.

The very rare time I wear colour on my lips it will be a red stain. I love it.
    Red lipstick is something that can look great, or go terribly wrong, and you have to get the right shade for your tone or it'll look ridiculous.

I think both pics of that girl are gorgeous, I'd call her sexy in the first and beautiful in the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I'm not a red lipstick gal - don't like the look myself and there's very few girls that can pull it off in my opinion.

I prefer kind of coffee/dusky pink lipstick colours myself. Had a lipstick recently called 'latte' which I absolutely adored - really natural:)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Red lipstick can look great - but I think you have to have good white teeth - or else it can make your teeth look awful. Depends on skin tone too. When done right, I love it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I likes it. It's the contrast, white skin red lips, it's like pale skin with jet black hair, there's just something about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

This, a million times this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭yawha

Then again - they do say if you do make up correctly then it should look like you are not wearing any at all. A claim that for some reason makes sense - and makes no sense - to me at the same time.
    I think a lot of times when guys think they prefer girls without makeup, they really just prefer girls without obvious makeup, and are judging what they perceive makeup to look like only by the cases where it's obvious makeup is being worn, and assuming that in all other cases that there is no makeup involved.

It's similar for fake tan, hair dying, toupes etc. to various extents.
    Most fashions that are out, are horrible. Yet women buy them because they're popular. And their mates compliment them on it. But if you ask most men about the latest fad they probably won't like it.
    There have already been several men in this thread who have said they like this look. I don't think I agree at all that most men probably won't like anything a woman wears just because it happens to be consistent with a fashion trend. Also, "horrible" is not an objective term...

On topic, I like it, but not on skin that's too pale. Not really a fan of the pinup style, but I do like the striking nature of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Emeraldy Pebbles

Amber Heard?

Anyway, I know this thread was solicit male opinion, but I just thought I say that I have never liked wearing red lipstick, it makes me feel like a clown and that is not a way for a woman to make herself feel confident and sexy. :D

I think there is an idea that men like red lipstick on a woman because when a woman is aroused both sets of lips (:o) become more flushed in colour. So, it's supposed to conjure thoughts of sex or something. No idea if this bears out in reality though.

Advertisement