Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Picture Game 2.0 (read the rules in post #1)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

I'll throw one in so...
    DSCF3520.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

End of ncr beside park gates.

Slunk wrote: »
    End of ncr beside park gates.
    Yes, I'll have to post harder ones..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

It is the Dublin City Fourm all the same and otherwise some people may be tempted to post a picture of a boreen in Garristown or a shed in Balscadden.

So...does Dublin City include all the post codes to Dublin 24? Otherwise, what is the restriction? This should be amended in the OP and it's a great idea for a thread btw. A clue could be posted if its a photo of some suburbian area, such as Baldoyle.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

goz83 wrote: »
    So...does Dublin City include all the post codes to Dublin 24? Otherwise, what is the restriction? This should be amended in the OP and it's a great idea for a thread btw. A clue could be posted if its a photo of some suburbian area, such as Baldoyle.....

Exactly, it's Dublin, not LA. There's a thread over in cool vids that does similar (with street view screen shots) for the whole country and they manage fine. Would entice more traffic if it's the whole county too. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,961 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

goz83 wrote: »
    MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Exactly, it's Dublin, not LA. There's a thread over in cool vids that does similar (with street view screen shots) for the whole country and they manage fine. Would entice more traffic if it's the whole county too. ;)
    The former thread went on to something like 5000 posts without much problem. I don't recall people posting pics from outer areas.

Jaysus, i've never felt so isolated living in dublin 13 :eek:

Still....What are the restrictions? What do you class as the city? Is it just D1 & 2, or do you include 3 & 4 too? What about D5, which is not as city like as dublin 6, or Dublin 8 for that matter?

I never seen the other thread, but would love to know what the actual restrictions are? I consider the areas with post codes to be part of Dublin city, even though a great deal of it is residential. I don't want to spoil the thread either, but an answer to my original question would be helpful, as i'd like to join in, but don't want to breaking any unwritten rules.

Where's this...
    DSCF4202.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Thomas St

tricky D wrote: »
    Thomas St
    And I thought that was hard! Well done...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

My definition of Dublin City would be areas that are Dublin City Council, that would be the best way I can describe it, I know its not exactly clear. For example, Dun Laoighaire would be the Dublin County South forum, blanch would be Dublin West, Malahide would be Dublin County North.

Sorry I cant define it better.

mmcn90 wrote: »
    My definition of Dublin City would be areas that are Dublin City Council, that would be the best way I can describe it, I know its not exactly clear. For example, Dun Laoighaire would be the Dublin County South forum, blanch would be Dublin West, Malahide would be Dublin County North.

Sorry I cant define it better.

And sure we will be calling Dublin City anywhere Greyhound recycling collect the bins then ;)

I'm from Dublin 13.....if anyone asks what city i'm from, I say Dublin. So i'm from Dublin city, even though I don't live in Dublin City centre.

As I said its a rough guideline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

just keep on posting pics and if it is "wrong" people will say - no harm done :cool:

just keep on posting pics and if it is "wrong" people will say - no harm done :cool:

Pretty much. Its like the Dublin City forum in general, the areas are fairly vague. Some areas can go in two forums, so theres a bit of crossover. I check this fairly regularly, so I'll drop a friendly reminder if theres any problems.

Anyway who's up next?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thread: Map of Dublin City Council Boundaries ?????

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056626536

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Victor wrote: »
    Thread: Map of Dublin City Council Boundaries ?????

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056626536

And they can't agree either. Here's a suggestion which IMO is both fair and very easy to distinquish for the point of this thread: anywhere inside the M50.

Edit: We'll try inside the m50, I've a feeling that could make it very difficult though, sure we'll see

mmcn90 wrote: »
    Edit: We'll try inside the m50, I've a feeling that could make it very difficult though, sure we'll see

Lol. I live off the grange road, as in, in is at the back of my house. The grange road directly connects to the n32 and that directly connects to the m50. Looking at a map, I'm outside the direct m50 line by being on the boarder road. There's just no winning :)

We'll let you away with it :D

• Advertisement

No one volunteering? Okay here goes...
    DSCF6056.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

My take on this is that if anyone posts a "shed in Balscaddan" it would essentially be trolling, and we don't take kindly to trolls around here.

Use the M50 as a rough guide, bit also use postcodes as another guide.

Try sticking to the canals as much as possible, but the Tolka and the Dodder could equally be used as rough guides in my opinion, since the expansion of the city "between the canals" is just a bit small.

I'm not overly familiar with the Southside, but I'd argue that anywhere out as far as the Mayne River, around to the Airport, towards Finglas, past Cabra and onto the Phoenix Park would be a fair enough guide as to what represents Northside Dublin for the purposes of this thread. Any further and you are out to Malahide, Portmarnock, Swords, Blanch and beyond.

Is that the grounds of St Audeon's?

Des wrote: »
    Is that the grounds of St Audeon's?
    Yep, got it in one Des, it's the steps down from Cornmarket to St. Audeons.

vektarman wrote: »
    Yep, got it in one Des, it's the steps down from Cornmarket to St. Audeons.

Strange, there was a time when that would have been considered too far outside the city, you are lucky vektarman, if Olaf the Viking was modding this forum, he'd be warming up his banhammer right about now. :pac:

Folks, I've no picture to post, so someone else please post one.

I recognised it from being down there on Culture night btw. Good pic.

Okay, last one me from me for now and someone else can have a chance, I went a bit mad with the camera to-day..

DSCF6060.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭dats_right

O'Connell Street?

dats_right wrote: »
    O'Connell Street?
    Dat's right :D, corner of O'Connell Street and Abbey Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Corner of Nassau and Dawson Street

Edit - I see I was wrong. Looks v similar to what I thought it was though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭De Bhál

ok I'll jump in
    Four Dublin pubs - one not in the city but well known.
    Just to note that these shots may be a bit out of date so pub may look different now.

7h8xr.jpg

swrdm.jpg

eme58.jpg

us4vx.jpg

sorry about the size - click on them to enlarge

Advertisement