Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A&A Feedback

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Read the last few pages! It's a pack of bullies. The poster and the mod are being targetted.

Cool story brah :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Farawayhome

And therin lies your problem, yoi have read a few posts and made your decision, whereas this issue has been going on for several years now. That's why it seems the way it does to you because you are basing your opinion on a snippet of information. Its akin to reading one page of the Harry potter series and deciding you know the full story.

It's actually you who was trying to remove a mod! What has the mod done?

It's actually you who was trying to remove a mod! What has the mod done?

How was i trying to "remove a mod"? :confused:

....... wrote: »
    Sorry luv, the onus is on you to inform yourself, not on me to educate you.

The bullies have directed their attention towards me. I don't care. You can't even back up why you are trying to get a poster and mod removed. If I read up on these threads, would I be guaranteed to find you having an opposing view to your targets? I think so.

I'm going to report some of the posters here instead of engaging in this. It's clear bullying and they don't like being called out on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

The bullies have directed their attention towards me. I don't care. You can't even back up why you are trying to get a poster and mod removed. If I read up on these threads, would I be guaranteed to find you having an opposing view to your targets? I think so.

So anyone who has an opposing opinion to you is now a bully?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭uptherebels

Why don't you read up on them and find out

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eviltwin wrote: »

sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

Obviously, I'm not going to do that. What does the poster do that's so bad? It should be easy to explain.

I’ll give you an example.

The poster said they never ever stated abortion was murder.

I posted about a dozen examples of the poster declaring that abortion was indeed murder.

The poster declined to comment or acknowledge their falsehood.

Example 2:

The poster declared the public was asked to vote for abortion on demand in the referendum.

I posted the exact ballot paper, with the electoral definition of what we were asked to vote for, and there was absolutely no mention of “abortion on demand”. Instead, the poster declared his opinion/interpretation of the vote to be fact, when challenged on this, he refused to engage or elaborate further. He also failed to provide proof to support his claim that we were directly asked to vote for/against abortion on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

and i am entitled to say that his view is based on ignorance.

of course you are. however i think the last few pages of the thread does give a lot away. it doesn't look good either way in fairness.

And by your own admission you have read very little. For someone who just stumbled on this thread, you have been very quick to make your mind up.

in fairness i have been around here a lot longer and i can sort of see what he means and where he is coming from. so he's not the only one who has such concerns.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

I'm going to report some of the posters here instead of engaging in this. It's clear bullying and they don't like being called out on it.

Please do. The button is on the bottom right.

The more heat this poster generates for moderator attention the better.

Thanks for your help.

eviltwin wrote: »

No! A group of people ganging up on a poster and a mod because they disagree with them is bullying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Unfortunately due to a mod refusing to enforce the charter. Situations like this arise.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Asking you to read some before making up your mind is not bullying.

I’ll give you an example.

The poster said they never ever stated abortion was murder.

I posted about a dozen examples of the poster declaring that abortion was indeed murder.

The poster declined to comment or acknowledge their falsehood.

Example 2:

The poster declared the public was asked to vote for abortion on demand in the referendum.

I posted the exact ballot paper, with the electoral definition of what we were asked to vote for, and there was absolutely no mention of “abortion on demand”. Instead, the poster declared his opinion/interpretation of the vote to be fact, when challenged on this, he refused to engage or elaborate further. He also failed to provide proof to support his claim that we were directly asked to vote for/against abortion on demand.

Thanks for giving examples. I actually strongly disagree with the poster if they said that. I don't see why they should be banned for it though?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Stumbled upon this thread. Seems to be more than a hint of bullying going on. I've noticed it in a few threads, is this common on boards.ie?

Hmmm, first ever post in the A&A forum to comment on the feedback on how the forum is run in support of another poster who's the subject of numerous complaints. Pardon me if I smell a rat.

Thanks for your help.

The button is in the bottom left. Bullying is the lowest of the low. I hope this gets fully investigated and if it's shown that posters have been engaged in bullying, then they are removed.

Thanks for giving examples. I actually strongly disagree with the poster if they said that. I don't see why they should be banned for it though?

There are standards around posting in A&A that are much higher than other forums on boards. their posting falls well below that standard.

The button is in the bottom left. Bullying is the lowest of the low. I hope this gets fully investigated and if it's shown that posters have been engaged in bullying, then they are removed.

Ah, different on the touch site.

Not to worry, you've found it anyway.

Pherekydes wrote: »
    Asking you to read some before making up your mind is not bullying.

That's not what's happening though, is it?
    Sorry luv, the onus is on you to inform yourself, not on me to educate you.
    Cool story brah :rolleyes:
    sounds familiar.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

smacl wrote: »
    Hmmm, first ever post in the A&A forum to comment on the feedback on how the forum is run in support of another poster who's the subject of numerous complaints. Pardon me if I smell a rat.

Is this asking me to read up on something? I've asked what the poster has done that is so bad. Only one person could give an example and it wasn't exactly criminal.

There are standards around posting in A&A that are much higher than other forums on boards. their posting falls well below that standard.

They have posted a view, they may be wrong but why ban them? Were they abusive when posting this?

Is this asking me to read up on something? I've asked what the poster has done that is so bad. Only one person could give an example and it wasn't exactly criminal.

Listen, you've waded in mouthing off on a situation that has been ongoing for well over a year shouting about bullying and other nonsense while refusing to actually inform yourself.

So, it's understandable that you're getting short shrift.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭robarmstrong

The poster has indeed made those statements. The problem is they aren’t engaging in having an open and honest discussion, and instead are simply soap-boxing, which is a breach of the forum charter. If you make a claim it absolutely must be substantiated, you must provide evidence to support your post if you insist it is fact or are hinting that you are correct in what you say.

I do not think that they should be banned as they seem to engage quite fine on other topics and subjects, but their past history and previous moderator action leaves other users skeptical to engage as there is a site wide reputation for poor discussion standards from this individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Thanks for your help.

to be fair, heat may be generated your way rather then the poster who's way you are hoping it will go, as yourself and a few others look to be behaving in a way that does not make you look good.
    Unfortunately due to a mod refusing to enforce the charter. Situations like this arise.

from what i can see it is being enforced. but what i think is happening is that a small few want the charter to be used to remove views they disagree with, which is not what charters are actually designed to do and nor should they be so.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Listen, you've waded in mouthing off on a situation that has been ongoing for well over a year shouting about bullying and other nonsense while refusing to actually inform yourself.

So, it's understandable that you're getting short shrift.

I've reported a few posters anyway. I don't know how it works but hopefully someone has a close look at the actions of posters here. No matter what, bullying shouldn't be tolerated.

They have posted a view, they may be wrong but why ban them? Were they abusive when posting this?

perhaps do as others have suggested and educate yourself about posting in A&A. I'm sure you know where to find the forum charter.

I've reported a few posters anyway. I don't know how it works but hopefully someone has a close look at the actions of posters here. No matter what, bullying shouldn't be tolerated.

Care to post some examples of this?

Sure, I totally agree.

I don't want the poster banned btw, I simply want the same rules applied to everyone equally, and for the forum charter to be upheld. Rather than discussion being shut down due to the same disruptive behaviour over and over.

I'd just like the mods to moderate.

• Advertisement

The poster has indeed made those statements. The problem is they aren’t engaging in having an open and honest discussion, and instead are simply soap-boxing, which is a breach of the forum charter. If you make a claim it absolutely must be substantiated, you must provide evidence to support your post if you insist it is fact or are hinting that you are correct in what you say.

I do not think that they should be banned as they seem to engage quite fine on other topics and subjects, but their past history and previous moderator action leaves other users skeptical to engage as there is a site wide reputation for poor discussion standards from this individual.

I don't know the history of this poster. Obviously they should be removed if they've been causing trouble. This does not excuse the gang who've formed to not only get the poster banned but also the mod who they disagree with.

Advertisement