Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ace's & 8's TNA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Luke Gallows,Chris Masters,Wes Brisco and Mike Knox are some of them,and I've read on different sites that Jeff Jarrett is likely to be the leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,100 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

What are the chances of James Storm being the leader, Cowboy and Ace's and Eights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I dont like the idea of JJ been the leader althou i think its better then Eric Bischoff been involved or HH as that atory has been done too death (nWo)

Also is Matt Morgan involved?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Genuinely horrible storyline.

The leader will unmask as Dave Lagana's Netflix account.

Just another bag of **** centred around Hogan and Eric that won't build to anything if things don't take a dramatic twist.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I started off pretty good but i think someone should have been unmasked to get more depth into the angle . If its either HH or Bischoff behind i will be extremely annoyed and a waste , Hogan as a heel didnt really work last time , the only good thing was that Bully Ray was given the time to shine in Immortal

• Advertisement

If Aces & Eights win at Bound for Glory they can store their bikes in the IMPACT Zone. That's the stips right?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pretty much. It's really strange. If they win then they're allowed back in the Impact Zone. Which means that all their appearances up until now were seemingly allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

rovert wrote: »
    If Aces & Eights win at Bound for Glory they can store their bikes in the IMPACT Zone. That's the stips right?

That and they may be allowed access to catering. All to play for lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

I stopped caring about 5 minutes into the storyline

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ray and Park with Jarrett would be good

Hogan and Bischoff will seems likely is a bad idea

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Im liking it but what the hell are the aces and eights motives ? What are they after ? Good old school vibe to this storyline but as someone mentioned they should of unmasked somebody by now to add depth. I think abyss will turn out to be a member

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Their motives are to mess with the status quo. What was the nWo's motive? In the world of pro wrestling these things aren't always the most important things. Le vrai raison d'etre, c'est pour réintro qui-méme c'est sur la television. I can almost feel the anticlimax.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

They've gone full on Sons of Anarchy for the Turning Point poster.

wpid-turning-point.jpg

Their motives are to mess with the status quo. What was the nWo's motive? In the world of pro wrestling these things aren't always the most important things. Le vrai raison d'etre, c'est pour réintro qui-méme c'est sur la television. I can almost feel the anticlimax.

To takeover WCW.
    In the world of pro wrestling these things aren't always the most important things.

Utterly ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,612 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ricero wrote: »
    Im liking it but what the hell are the aces and eights motives ? What are they after ? Good old school vibe to this storyline but as someone mentioned they should of unmasked somebody by now to add depth. I think abyss will turn out to be a member

I think it started after Sting was named as the first inductee into the TNA HOF some assumed it would be Jarrett

• Registered Users Posts: 11,342 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

ricero wrote: »
    Im liking it but what the hell are the aces and eights motives ? What are they after ?

its been 4 months and nobody knows, we knew what the outsiders motives were very early, we knew what nexus' motives were the second week
    Good old school vibe to this storyline

if you mean old school vibe as in black scorpion sure :p
    but as someone mentioned they should of unmasked somebody by now to add depth. I think abyss will turn out to be a member

they did unmask two guys already, one turned out to be a stage hand, problem is there are different members/numbers each week, it started with 3 members and grows or shrinks each week, if they stuck with the 3 members it might actually mean more

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I'm reasonably certain this is my least favourite angle ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'm reasonably certain this is my least favourite angle ever.

Just in tna I think I hated MEM more or the whole ECW revival shít. Its been dragged out way too long and got too much tv time in recent months though. BUT if it ends with Jeff Jarrett coming back i'll be just about ok with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I missed the stage hand been unmasked!Also i read somewhere Dlo brown was shown as one member has anyone a link too that?

Ill be pissed if it Hogan Easy E Sting or JJ are the leader!

GTR63 wrote: »
    Just in tna I think I hated MEM more or the whole ECW revival shít. Its been dragged out way too long and got too much tv time in recent months though.

Neither did as much damage or moved so painfully slowly. I just really, really hate Aces and 8s. I've never more wanted an angle to end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

So I'm more or less alone in not having much of a problem with it? Hogan and Bischoff is the worst case (realistic) scenario and even that isn't awful, just not that interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,881 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think I've asked before but any idea or guesses as to when it'll end? Surely it can't go on too long after BFG without unmasking the members. And when they do unmask them, I'm sure they'll be doing 1 or 2 a month.
    Anyone unmasked so far was just a probie so not a full member.

And no, I didn't call you Shirley. :D

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Hogan and Bischoff is the worst case (realistic) scenario and even that isn't awful, just not that interesting.

Nobody wants to see Hogan turn again, and Bischoff has long been overexposed as an on air character. At least Jarrett would do his best to make it entertaining, but it wouldn't be worth the horrible hijacking of iMPACT! at a time when it was finally turning a corner, the killing of James Storm, Bobby Roode, and Austin Aries' momentum as well as the rather unfortunate dropping of the Bully Ray/Joseph Park angle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Neither did as much damage or moved so painfully slowly. I just really, really hate Aces and 8s. I've never more wanted an angle to end.

MEM beat up most the roster with little resistance and got nobody over(and their arrival was the same time Joe got that dire Nation of Violence gimmick). And the ecw one had Tommy Dreamer beat AJ Styles. Both of those were so bad I could barely watch the product.

GTR63 wrote: »

MEM beat up most the roster with little resistance and got nobody over(and their arrival was the same time Joe got that dire Nation of Violence gimmick). And the ecw one had Tommy Dreamer beat AJ Styles. Both of those were so bad I could barely watch the product.

Difference is Joe, Styles and co. were going nowhere at the time anyway. Aries, Roode and Storm weren't.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,898 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Partial Source: Pwinsider

– As noted earlier here on the website, a masked Eric Bischoff appeared as a mouthpiece of Aces & Eights on a recent episode of iMPACT! Wrestling. At this time, Bischoff is not scheduled to be revealed as the leader of the group. This was simply done to keep viewers guessing.

Partial Source: Pwinsider

– As noted earlier here on the website, a masked Eric Bischoff appeared as a mouthpiece of Aces & Eights on a recent episode of iMPACT! Wrestling. At this time, Bischoff is not scheduled to be revealed as the leader of the group. This was simply done to keep viewers guessing.

Lagana has been hinting at that on Twitter without spelling it out. This sounds like Matt Hardy or at least someone from his neck of the woods:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,050 ✭✭✭token101

rovert wrote: »
    Lagana has been hinting at that on Twitter without spelling it out. This sounds like Matt Hardy or at least someone from his neck of the woods:

That is Matt Hardy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wade_barrett

aces n 8 leader is eric bischoff i think it sounds a lot like him and he loves motorbikes wcw hogwild anyone ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

If it's Hardy he has put on a lot of weight again. Wouldnt have thought he would be anywhere near that size, even with a big jumper on.

Advertisement