Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice and questions for buying/film

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

Hmm. I was tempted by a Kiev 60. It doesn't have the features I want but for €99 with lens I thought it might be worth a punt. Maybe I'll leave it.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll keep researching.

I wish they had put a bit more effort into the Lomography Bel-air. With a more common mount and better shutter speeds it might have been a decent option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't think this question deserved it's own thread so I hope it's ok to dust off this one.

I was recently gifted an old film camera, a canon T-50.

My question is about film speed. Normally with digital I aim for 100 iso and only drop down if it's absolutely necessary.

I'm going to buy some films and I'm wondering what I should get. I see 200 iso and it seems to be a middle fo the road film. Would 100 be considered very high grade, or something for good light. Would 200 be more likely to work in better.

What would you recommend to someone who hasn't used film in a long time? I don't really want to spend more the €20 at the moment. Just buy cheap film? I like to experiment a bit and would like to see the difference the films make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

ScumLord wrote: »
    Don't think this question deserved it's own thread so I hope it's ok to dust off this one.

My question is about film speed. Normally with digital I aim for 100 iso and only drop down if it's absolutely necessary.

I'm going to buy some films and I'm wondering what I should get. I see 200 iso and it seems to be a middle fo the road film. Would 100 be considered very high grade, or something for good light. Would 200 be more likely to work in better.

What would you recommend to someone who hasn't used film in a long time? I don't really want to spend more the €20 at the moment. Just buy cheap film? I like to experiment a bit and would like to see the difference the films make.

This time of year you would probably go for faster film i.e. 400, 800 iso etc.
    Summer time or away on holiday to strong sunlight destinations you can go slower film, 100, 50 iso etc.
    That's just a general rule, if you use a tripod then longer exposures with slow film in poor light will work etc
    Anyway, just get a selection, experiment and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭thefizz

ScumLord wrote: »

It's only one stop of a difference so don't sweat it. If it's B&W then stick to one film for a while & get same lab to dev it or better still, do it yourself:

Advertisement