Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

F*cking hell...that's two wins he's lost to DQs. :o

And both times it's Jerome who inherited the win. Illuminati?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Long Beach tonight. On ITV4 at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Long Beach tonight. On ITV4 at 11pm.

For anybody on Virgin media who has the rights restriction block for itv4 it's also on 3e

• Registered Users Posts: 30,036 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Watched the end of qualifying and it was a little mixed up, which was good

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Da Costa stripped of his pole due to low tyre pressure!!! This is F1 on 'e'.
    Antonio Felix da Costa has been stripped of pole position for the Faraday Future Long Beach ePrix, after the tyres pressures of his car were found to be too low.

http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/april/da-costa-stripped-of-pole-position/

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,605 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

3e is also showing the race live.It on there now. It seems to be American commentary not sure. I prefer ITVs coverage but if I watch it on 3e I can pause and rewind.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

ITV4 also have an American commentator alongside Dario.

Ms

ITV4 also have an American commentator alongside Dario.

Have noticed that alright.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The usual Formula E commentator is working for BBC radio on Formula 1, so this American commentator was drafted in. Sam Bird had a nightmare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I loved that fact it was 3e. Was a lot easier to watch last night when I was bed!

So Team Aguri are parting ways with Aguri Suzuki while talks are on-going with new investors. Watch this space, hopefuly F-e doesn't lose a team where no deal can be reached.

http://fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/april/aguri-suzuki-to-part-company-with-team-aguri/

Aye, is interesting alright. They changed drivers today already and gotten rid of Salvador Duran and put in Qing Hua!

I noted the change in drivers for that car alright so perhaps your Ma has a major Chinese company backing him and could be the new investors??? Sure that's how he got his run in GP2 plus testing in F1 for both HRT and Caterham with the Chinese commercial backing.

So it's Formula e this Saturday at the Paris ePrix track - one of the best in the world (so FIA President Jean Todt says :pac:)

So where to watch:

On 3e from 2.30pm
    On ITV 4 from 2pm (may be geo-locked on Virgin) but free-to-air on satellite!

Also available on Youtube streaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FIAFormulaE

Here's the track layout (interesting pit lane with a hairpin - full lock anyone?!)

paris.map.jpg

And a video of the lap (forward to 1.00)

The lap looks fairly basic, but hey, long straights for towing up behind drivers - and some corners that'll catch a few people out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It's times like these I realise how cringeworthy Formula E's theme song is. :o

Ms

Am hoping the race in Paris is a good one but agree that the track layout looks very basic but hopefully it will make for a good race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

astrofluff wrote: »
    So it's Formula e this Saturday at the Paris ePrix track - one of the best in the world (so FIA President Jean Todt says :pac:)

So where to watch:

On 3e from 2.30pm
    On ITV 4 from 2pm (may be geo-locked on Virgin) but free-to-air on satellite!

Also available on Youtube streaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/FIAFormulaE

Here's the track layout (interesting pit lane with a hairpin - full lock anyone?!)

paris.map.jpg

And a video of the lap (forward to 1.00)

The lap looks fairly basic, but hey, long straights for towing up behind drivers - and some corners that'll catch a few people out!

Acquiring some of this post for the official fan site if you don't mind?

antodeco wrote: »
    Acquiring some of this post for the official fan site if you don't mind?

Fire away, you're more than welcome. The image and video are linked to other sites of course and are not mine!

Where is the official fan site? I'd be interested in reading...

astrofluff wrote: »
    Fire away, you're more than welcome. The image and video are linked to other sites of course and are not mine!

Where is the official fan site? I'd be interested in reading...

Just ran through Facebook. Have a look in my signature. I just run the Irish site

• Advertisement
    Ms

Looks like this Paris track might be good the Qualifying certainly looked exciting lots of mistakes and incidents even a small crash in it. Heres hopping for a good race.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

God, why do I keep forgetting this is on a Saturday... I guess it's easy to not notice or remember the races since they're all one day affairs, so there's no big weekend buildup like in, well, all other motosport.

Found it hard to make out the track, all sort of looked the same, fell asleep during race so not sure if it was any good

Ms

@ Ghost Train. The race started of ok but then got kinda boring as there its not really any room on the track to pass but then there was a full track yellow so a car could be removed fro the track as it had developed a drive problem and the race got a bit better until a small crash 5 laps from the end and after that it was the safety car for the last laps. So it was a average race certainly not the best race maybe it will be better there next year.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

TheChrisD wrote: »
    God, why do I keep forgetting this is on a Saturday... I guess it's easy to not notice or remember the races since they're all one day affairs, so there's no big weekend buildup like in, well, all other motosport.

I remembered that it was on yesterday morning and then remembered that it was on yesterday afternoon - just as it ended. I was the exact same last year. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Harika

Too bad you cannot record series with Sky. :( but good race in a nice area.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

All races are live on youtube and then available to watch whenever you want afterwards on the official youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/FIAFormulaE

• Registered Users Posts: 12,826 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Harika wrote: »
    Too bad you cannot record series with Sky. :( but good race in a nice area.

3e is recordable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Moscow race has been cancelled.

• Advertisement

Pity to lose race from already small calander. Pity Monaco not a yearly race either.

Advertisement